Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-23-2018, 11:31 AM   #15
drfeelgood

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Convertible A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lDejavul View Post
I just think the guy is upset someone commented on his post bragging theirs is better. I get it but no reason to call names lol. Especially when hes right. A w7 at 750w vs a w6 with 1200w (way to much for that speaker) will sound way louder. So Boom vs Boom Boom as he stated. This is coming from someone with just 1 w6 at 600w with the HO box.
Hell my 600w probably is louder since its got a way better box. I dont really care for max SPL though and thats not what the w6 is for.
Agree, the W6 is an awesome woofer. I have two in my CTSV, and one in my ZL1. Very musical, great SQ woofer, but can still get some boom whe it needs to, especially in the right box. I dropped $10k on the audio setup in my ZL1, and over $15k on my CTSV. But there’s always someone with more $$ to spend so it’s never about comparing your system to someone else’s, just get what sounds good to you!
'17 White ZL1 A10 Convertible - TM ported TB - RotoFab CAI - 2.3" griptech upper pulley - Kooks 1 7/8" Headers with High Flow Cats - Borla S-type Catback - Audio Overhaul - NavTV M650-GM - 20" BlackDiForza- Michelin Pilot Sport4S - Tuned at BRC Raceworks (606rwhp/675trq)

'14 CTS-V Coupe - ZL1 lid - Ported TB - Ported Snout - AirRad CAI - 8.66" lower - 2.55" upper- Greenbelt - SW Headers - SW Catback - Varimax Intercooler Pump - Track Attack Intercooler-Tuned at BRC Raceworks (551rwhp/516trq)

'17 Maserati Levante- STOCK
drfeelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:41 AM   #16
lDejavul

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfeelgood View Post
Agree, the W6 is an awesome woofer. I have two in my CTSV, and one in my ZL1. Very musical, great SQ woofer, but can still get some boom whe it needs to, especially in the right box. I dropped $10k on the audio setup in my ZL1, and over $15k on my CTSV. But there’s always someone with more $$ to spend so it’s never about comparing your system to someone else’s, just get what sounds good to you!
Agreed. Now I just wish that MOST50 adapter you posted wasn't so damn expensive. I have been living with the BOSE EQ for to long I think my system sounds okay but far from what I want. I hear the EQ and it kills me. That NAV-TV interface just needs to go on sale.
Dual Mode Exhaust
MRC
Splash Guards

1G1FG1R74G0124089
lDejavul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 02:51 AM   #17
Miami_1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
I have a W7 in my 1le and its amazing. Sound quality is spot on. Its not very boomy. Sounds out of this world actually. I'm running it off a JL HD750/1 amp. Its in a sealed box from a shop out of NewYork. Box costs $200 which is a lot for being sealed but well worth it. It had a bunch of bracing and smooth edges in side. I love my set up. Would not change it for a thing. Only problem I have now is I have to sound deaden my interior because I'm having panels rattle. Especially the rear deck. I love the sound of sealed much better than ported. Ported was ok but only played certain notes loud. With the sealed box everything sounds loud and cleaner as a whole. You feel the bass more too. Its a tad bit quieter than ported but you get so much more sealed. Trust me. Ive done this a few times. Sealed for life from now on.
Miami_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote