Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 10-19-2018, 09:25 AM   #169
JakeF_RS

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodyslide View Post
Bought it new in 09/16, no work of any type to the body or the engine, besides oil changes. I need to do so more digging and see if they intake port was added later. Because I don't have anything as shown in the Photo. Just Crazy.

Doing some digging around and it looks like the part I don't have is called an : Air Baffle - GM (23507393), Maybe.
That’s weird... Mine is a 2016 too, I don’t know the build date but I’m assuming it wasn’t built too far away from when yours was. So the stock intake was just an open hole, there was no air channel?
JakeF_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:34 AM   #170
Bodyslide

Drives: Traded in 2016 BLUE VELVET 2LT RS
The photo shows the GMPP intake installed and the empty spot behind it. If your close to Woodstock, I can met and show you.
Bodyslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:53 AM   #171
JakeF_RS

Quote:
The photo shows the GMPP intake installed and the empty spot behind it. If your close to Woodstock, I can met and show you.
I’m actually about 3 hours away. I’d definitely mention that when you get your car reprogrammed, or hell I might just give the dealership a call and see what they say before you go. Shoot me a message if you want to try to meet up sometime though. I don’t knoe too many people on here from GA.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:08 AM   #172
Bodyslide

When I take it in I will ask them about the missing part. Thanks
Old 10-23-2018, 06:24 PM   #173
ToxicLs3
Banned

Drives: 2019 Camaro rs
I'm looking to get one soon
ToxicLs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 07:37 PM   #174
Bodyslide

Got the reflash completed, no issues at John Thornton over in Lithia Springs. Took less than an hour and no charge, I already completed the install. They also told me that the Air baffle might not have been part of the early round of cars. The part is less than $50.00 to get, I might just order and see how hard it will be to install. So far with less than 50 miles with the reflash, it seems to have alittle more pick up, So for me a good purchase.

On a side note should I add any type of heat insulation to the air filter box?

Last edited by Bodyslide; 10-27-2018 at 08:09 PM.
Old 10-27-2018, 10:38 PM   #175
JakeF_RS

Quote:
Got the reflash completed, no issues at John Thornton over in Lithia Springs. Took less than an hour and no charge, I already completed the install. They also told me that the Air baffle might not have been part of the early round of cars. The part is less than $50.00 to get, I might just order and see how hard it will be to install. So far with less than 50 miles with the reflash, it seems to have alittle more pick up, So for me a good purchase.

On a side note should I add any type of heat insulation to the air filter box?
I've been up to Lithia Springs a few times, me and my buddy were up that way looking for a new car for him about a month ago. That's interesting about the air baffle not being on the early production cars though, I'll have to look up my car's production date. Not sure how much difference it would make hp wise, but it seems like a longer channel for the air would speed it up a little bit. Glad you're enjoying it!
Old 11-01-2018, 08:50 PM   #176
Bodyslide

Can someone do me a favor who has the V6 with the GM CAI. Can you take a few photos of the air baffle that connects to the CAI. I'm debating on getting one, since mine wasn't installed from the factory. PM me if you need my email address. Thanks in Advance
Old 11-02-2018, 07:52 AM   #177
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Can someone do me a favor who has the V6 with the GM CAI. Can you take a few photos of the air baffle that connects to the CAI. I'm debating on getting one, since mine wasn't installed from the factory. PM me if you need my email address. Thanks in Advance
I can tomorrow, i'll have my car in the garage at work and can snap a few pics and post them on here.
Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 08:27 AM   #178
Bodyslide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsxmatt View Post
I can tomorrow, i'll have my car in the garage at work and can snap a few pics and post them on here.
Thanks so much.
Old 11-18-2018, 12:04 PM   #179
Nsxmatt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro
Quote:
Thanks so much.
Sorry for the long wait, after all the bad weather I just got out and snapped some pics.
Attached Images

Nsxmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 07:16 PM   #180
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Sorry for the long wait, after all the bad weather I just got out and snapped some pics.
I believe I have that piece. is the general thought, some of the older cars didn't have it or did have it?

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 07:02 PM   #181
Bodyslide

Quote:
Thanks mine does not have that at all. Might need to order it. Thanks Again