Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 01-28-2013, 09:23 PM   #127
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I get it. It's okay to build a V6 that will out run your ZL1 ,but it isn't okay to make your V6 look like your ZL1.

That part doesn't make much sense to me. I would rather have them look like me and be much slower than be a V6 and be able to blow my doors off.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:25 PM   #128
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammed View Post
Well said. The op must be a kid with no understanding of cars.
Go to CF4 and you'll find out how big of a kid I am, or a local show around the area. By all means, I don't hide beyond a keyboard, I'm easily approachable...
Old 01-28-2013, 09:30 PM   #129
Tribute

Drives: 2012 SLP ZL770 #17 (Hugger Orange)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
they have turned it into a sports car more than a muscle car......
Old 01-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #130
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
I like how everyone keeps calling the new Camaro a muscle car
that is exactly what it is..
it is not a sports car. it is American Muscle Car.
always has been always will be, until the day the Camaro becomes a FWD 4 banger..
530/520 SAE
Old 01-28-2013, 09:39 PM   #131
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
OP, I respect your opinion here and you certainly are free to feel the way you do. I simply fail to see how somebody modding their Camaro by adding ZL1 parts makes your ZL1 ownership experience less satisfying in any way.

I mean, modifying cars has always been one of the hallmarks of this enthusiast community. If some other Camaro owner wants to add ZL1 parts to their car, who are we to be somehow put out by this? More power to them. I think some could see this as a bit of a pompous position. Not everybody can or feels like dropping $60K on a ZL1. If there is some bolt on somebody likes and can add it to their car for a few hundred dollars, they should have easy access to these parts.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #132
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyAce7 View Post
Not necessarily...

Just as the front bumpers vary by trim level for the Camaro, the front fenders vary by trim level for the Corvette. The fenders are a body component like a bumper or hood, but I don't think it is as cheap, easy, and practical to swap out 2 fenders as it is to swap out 1 bumper.

Grand Sport

Z06

ZR1
I honestly would like something like this for whatever the 6th Gen "Top Dog" is going to be. Maybe include a vent in the quarter panel to differentiate between trims.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:48 PM   #133
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
OP, I respect your opinion here and you certainly are free to feel the way you do. I simply fail to see how somebody modding their Camaro by adding ZL1 parts makes your ZL1 ownership experience less satisfying in any way.

I mean, modifying cars has always been one of the hallmarks of this enthusiast community. If some other Camaro owner wants to add ZL1 parts to their car, who are we to be somehow put out by this? More power to them. I think some could see this as a bit of a pompous position. Not everybody can or feels like dropping $60K on a ZL1. If there is some bolt on somebody likes and can add it to their car for a few hundred dollars, they should have easy access to these parts.
I might have said or came across it the wrong way. My intentions aren't bad, I swear, lol.

I guess I keep asking myself why do I not see Corvette owners imitating ZR1's? or CTS owners, imitating CTS-V's? Maybe they are in fact out there but not in strong force like the Camaro. I understand the whole modifying, etc. I have modified my previous vehicles but none of them imitated anything I guess, I wanted to stay away from that because I've never been that type of person or understood why.

A member did say it right though, imitation is a form of flattery. Maybe i'm asking for the wrong thing. Maybe I should be asking GM to consider making a ZL1 package similiar to what Shelby has done for the Super snake and the only way to obtain that would be to require a ZL1 VIN #. A (codename ZL1-R) package in 2-3 different stages? 630hp/680hp/750hp? Just a thought though. Aftermarket companies already have this being offered but for me it isn't the same as GMPP offering it, while remaining the factory warranty.

Last edited by FINALLYSATISFIED; 01-29-2013 at 06:31 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:25 PM   #134
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonpope2003 View Post
that is exactly what it is..
it is not a sports car. it is American Muscle Car.
always has been always will be, until the day the Camaro becomes a FWD 4 banger..
A lot of old timers would disagree with your definition of "muscle car" (even though you sound like one yourself ) (no offense). This has been debated so much it's nauseating. I can't tell you how many times I've been told that they don't make muscle cars anymore, they stopped making them in the early 70's. In my personal opinion, I think the proper terminology is a "high perfomance vehicle" or some have used Modern Muscle - that would be acceptable also. Back in the day(60's & 70's, &80's), the Camaro and Mustangs were associated in magazines as PONY cars, and I think they are still in that class.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:49 AM   #135
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
they have turned it into a sports car more than a muscle car......
In traditional terms, I think that makes it a proper "GT car". A mix of sports car and dragstrip with a touch of luxury - without being truly hardcore about any of them.

Whether it got there by adding "sports car handling" to a musclecar/ponycar heritage or added a whole lot of muscle to a 2+2 sports coupe hardly matters.

Norm
Old 01-29-2013, 07:29 AM   #136
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
OP, Corvette and Cadilac owners are a different breed than Camaro. The Camaro is the muscle car attainable by everybody. Corvette and Cadilac are a little more of an exclusive market and customer.

I do get what you are trying to say but it just can't ever apply to Camaro. Just wouldn't be right.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:46 AM   #137
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
OP, Corvette and Cadilac owners are a different breed than Camaro. The Camaro is the muscle car attainable by everybody. Corvette and Cadilac are a little more of an exclusive market and customer.

I do get what you are trying to say but it just can't ever apply to Camaro. Just wouldn't be right.
Ah, ok. Hard to explain it all really. But yeah, lol.

How would you classify today's Camaro, revolutionary? Or is it evolutionary?
Old 01-29-2013, 08:48 AM   #138
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
How would you classify today's Camaro, revolutionary? Or is it evolutionary?
Mostly it evolved. The only revolutionary aspect aside from the pressures of regulatory requirements and recent add-on technological interior features is the IRS. Nothing else represents anywhere near as large a change from the car's 1st gen roots.

Norm
Old 01-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #139
NEVRL8

Drives: 2013 Victory Red 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
I might have said or came across it the wrong way. My intentions aren't bad, I swear, lol.

I guess I keep asking myself why do I not see Corvette owners imitating ZR1's? or CTS owners, imitating CTS-V's? Maybe they are in fact out there but not in strong force like the Camaro. I understand the whole modifying, etc. I have modified my previous vehicles but none of them imitated anything I guess, I wanted to stay away from that because I've never been that type of person or understood why.

A member did say it right though, imitation is a form of flattery. Maybe i'm asking for the wrong thing. Maybe I should be asking GM to consider making a ZL1 package similiar to what Shelby has done for the Super snake and the only way to obtain that would be to require a ZL1 VIN #. A (codename ZL1-R) package in 2-3 different stages? 630hp/680hp/750hp? Just a thought though. Aftermarket companies already have this being offered but for me it isn't the same as GMPP offering it, while remaining the factory warranty.

Actually you would be suprised at how many Corvette owners buy the wide body ZR1, ZO6 or GS kits from GM or aftermarket and install them on thier base model Corvettes. Go to the Corvette Forums and see for yourself. I have not seen many people rebadge them however they all do it for the same reason people do it on the Camaro. They like the looks of it. I owned a GS Vette and people still said it copied the ZO6. If that were the case, then the ZR1 also copied the ZO6. Aside from the fender vents they all basically look the same. I also owned a 09 CTS-V (wished I still had it) and I will say I didn't see many, if any imitations of it.

They Camaro speaks to a wide variety of people and with so many on the road there are going to be people mod them tastefully and not so tastefully. The bottom line is if you don't like the so called lower end Camaro stealing your ZL1 looks, you bought the wrong car. The more expensive a car is the less likely someone will be able to copy it. As has been stated, there are many "grocery getters" that cost as much or more than the ZL1. That being said I would like to trade you my SS even for your ZL1! LOL
Old 01-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #140
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVRL8 View Post
Actually you would be suprised at how many Corvette owners buy the wide body ZR1, ZO6 or GS kits from GM or aftermarket and install them on thier base model Corvettes. Go to the Corvette Forums and see for yourself. I have not seen many people rebadge them however they all do it for the same reason people do it on the Camaro. They like the looks of it. I owned a GS Vette and people still said it copied the ZO6. If that were the case, then the ZR1 also copied the ZO6. Aside from the fender vents they all basically look the same. I also owned a 09 CTS-V (wished I still had it) and I will say I didn't see many, if any imitations of it.

They Camaro speaks to a wide variety of people and with so many on the road there are going to be people mod them tastefully and not so tastefully. The bottom line is if you don't like the so called lower end Camaro stealing your ZL1 looks, you bought the wrong car. The more expensive a car is the less likely someone will be able to copy it. As has been stated, there are many "grocery getters" that cost as much or more than the ZL1. That being said I would like to trade you my SS even for your ZL1! LOL
I can't give her up like that, lol. Not until 7 years from now, atleast thats what I keep telling myself. I pray I dislike the 6th Gen for that very matter.

Closed Thread