Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #71
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
There was a guy on the vette forums a few months ago that was selling his blown Z06 for 36k. Now that was a steal.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #72
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
as long as the OP is happy thats all that matters.

But at same/near the same price point, I would take the Corvette over the Camaro.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:45 PM   #73
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
don't know about anyone else, but I sure as hell won't pay $40k-$50k for a used car..

especially a sports car like a Vette, that you know some idiot beat the hell out of while he had it. Or worse a lease return where the owner didn't feel it was their responsibility to maintain it because it wasn't theirs.

$25K is tops for me on a used vehicle, I would rather take the initial resale hit on new knowing that it has no prior abuse history and has it's full warranty.

I've bought several lease returns and second hand cars over the years, and I can tell you every one of them was plagued with problems. Only had 1 new car that had major issues and that was my own damn fault for buying a first model year version from Ford..
I payed $51,500.00 for my used ZL1 with 4k miles on it. It has had one issue. The exhaust had to be replaced. Other than that it's an awesome car. There's no way I would have payed the $61,500.00 they wanted new plus gas guzzler tax. Not to mention a lot of dealers tried to add a premium on these things (and still do for some dumb reason) when they first came out.

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:02 AM   #74
Worthington

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS and 2007 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs Play View Post
I payed $51,500.00 for my used ZL1 with 4k miles on it. It has had one issue. The exhaust had to be replaced. Other than that it's an awesome car. There's no way I would have payed the $61,500.00 they wanted new plus gas guzzler tax. Not to mention a lot of dealers tried to add a premium on these things (and still do for some dumb reason) when they first came out.
Nicely done, that's the way I go too. I'm going to pick up the C7 but I'm waiting for a lightly used one that already took the depreciation hit. Love the ZL1 man, very sexy car.

Also to the person talking about who knows what someone did to a vette... 99% of vettes are driven by middle aged men who never step on it. They aren't beat on most of the time. I push mine but I'm a minority.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:03 AM   #75
Worthington

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
as long as the OP is happy thats all that matters.

But at same/near the same price point, I would take the Corvette over the Camaro.
Yeah depends on what you are using it for. Candidly for every day driving I'd take the Camaro in a heartbeat. On the track too it's still a fast car.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:11 PM   #76
CRH83

Drives: 2013 Toyota SR5 4Runner 4x4
You probably could buy a base 2013 Vette for the same price as a loaded 2SS/RS right now as a lot of potential Vette buyers are waiting for the Stingray.

That being said, they both serve different purposes... the seating alone will steer you one way or the other...

You could have bought a lot of things for the same price, tell them who cares?
CRH83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:51 PM   #77
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
Yeah depends on what you are using it for. Candidly for every day driving I'd take the Camaro in a heartbeat. On the track too it's still a fast car.
Yeah totally depends on ethe use, but for me if I ever get into a performance car again, it's gonna be a toy. And for that I'm taking the vette over the camaro anyday but that's me
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #78
Worthington

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Yeah totally depends on ethe use, but for me if I ever get into a performance car again, it's gonna be a toy. And for that I'm taking the vette over the camaro anyday but that's me
Yeah I prefer the vette too. I am curious though once I get familiar with it how the Camaro will do. I think it will be pretty damn fast on the course too. Maybe upgrade the sway bars and springs but that's it.

All this assuming she LETS me take her toy out on the course
Old 05-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #79
kmthor00

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by plus1zero View Post
Maybe if you'd bought a ZL1, but no..you couldn't have bought a Corvette (new) for what you paid for your SS.
In my case I have owned 10 corvettes & now I have a 2013 ZL1. My last one was a 2012 Grand Sport, I would love someone to say that to me! They are both great cars & special in their own ways.
kmthor00 is offline   Reply With Quote