Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-15-2013, 06:20 PM   #71
CRH83

Drives: 2013 Toyota SR5 4Runner 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebparkin3 View Post
Iv had a few 99-04 GTs and a couple 05-09 GTs. Like I said before anything I wanted to do could be done.
I didn't say it couldn't be done I said there are far fewer options and they all cost way more... the most common and effective power mod is FI that's it... The LS3 can make big power with just LT/CAM/TUNE...

Quote:
In that theory any race is a drivers race. Of corse if you have some one that has absolutely no idea how to push the gas and steer at the same time and are trying to race is going to lose. I could beat a corvette with my fosus if it had a driver like that. In reality a missed shift or traction issues from the Shelby is not enough for the V6 to make up the difference. The Shelby is still going to reel in the V6
My point is that in the real world the difference between the two is probably less than the tests, because you aren't on a prepped track and any number of factors can come into play. The difference was already small with good drivers...

Quote:
Almost all of what you listed came to be know after a tune was installed. It was a brand new motor tuners still had a lot to learn about it. Most of it effected mostly 11's a little less on the 12's and its almost weeded out with the 13's. just like with any new engine, or tranny, or design. The first few model years are going to have bugs that need worked out. Even the Camaro had bugs to be worked out and it wasn't a new engine or tranny. I agree the 6M tranny's aren't the best, but there are plenty out there that have had zero problems and are abused regularly.
Actually all the things I posted are effecting people without tunes. People that got bad tunes early on were blowing their engines...
CRH83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:12 AM   #72
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
"I felt like I was about to betray her." Yes, you were. Unless you added the GT as #2.

Welcome back!
Old 05-16-2013, 12:16 AM   #73
bw26ss
Banned

Drives: ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVmyZL1 View Post
We're not talking about a run-of-the-mill 05-09 Mustang here. We're talking about a car that was delivered to Shelby American for upgrades and became Shelby GT. That occurred when Shelby was still alive and, now that he has passed, anything that went through his shop is going to only increase in value.
I know what the car is, and yes I would rather have it than a v6 camaro, but not an ss, I guess thats what I should have said.
bw26ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:17 AM   #74
ponywars

Drives: 2012 V6
my dad has a 12 mustang i got a 12 camaro

hence the username
ponywars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:24 AM   #75
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I had nearly the same except not so bad. I was about to sign papers on a '13 1LE lol. Saw my car out the window and couldn't do it. I felt so bad
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:25 AM   #76
DRKnight1SS
The Dude

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS M6
Crisis averted, whew! Entertaining story
DRKnight1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:47 AM   #77
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
The Lord is with you my son. Say 3 "Our fathers" and drive in peace
Old 05-16-2013, 07:06 AM   #78
69Camaro327

Drives: 1969 Camaro, 2011 RS Camaro
That would have been insane. Mustangs look like boxes compared to the styling of Camaro. They look like they're from the 80's or something. I have no idea why Mustangs sell as many as Camaros most months. Some people apparently just have no taste in cars.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:32 AM   #79
camaro-dreamer

Drives: 2013 Porsche 981S
Quote:
Originally Posted by bw26ss View Post
I disagree, you can't give away an 05-09 mustang around here, i like them though, gt500 always hold their value, and the ss camaro is boss. lol.

I am not so sure about the shelby gt, in general, but the shelby gt-h rental is a hot commodity anywhere. The gt-h can go into the upper $30s to mid $40s depending upon condition.
camaro-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #80
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
You made the right choice for sure. I think the early models of the current generation mustang are really starting to look dated. Plus, they are starting to turn into trailer trash beaters like the 4th gen Camaros mostly are anymore. I see a lot of mostly V6 05 to 09 mustangs that are all beat up running around.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote