Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 11-14-2015, 09:07 PM   #57
BowtieV8
Longtime Chevy Girl

Drives: Not a VVette…yet
Very sad to learn about what happened in Paris. So much pointless violence. Sending many prayers to them.

Also sad to learn of the high number of closed minds on this forum. Hate will never get rid of hate. I am not Muslim. But I have read the Quran. It does not tell people do commit violence. If you don't believe me, read it yourself. If you refuse to read it, that's fine. But if you continue to claim to be an expert, you are part of the problem.

Every religion out there has its extremists. Even Christianity. Hitler, for example, claimed to be Christian. But just because he said he was, it doesn't mean he actually represented Christianity. Just as these extremists now do not represent Islam.

Stop with the pointless hating and finger pointing. Grow up. This isn't a liberal or conservative issue. This isn't a religious issue. This is a human issue. There are some very evil humans out there who claim to be Muslim. Don't blame all Muslims. Blame the evil invdividuals. There are a lot of them, yes. But we have to be smart enough to see through that.

The type of closed minded hate I have read on this thread is something I would expect from a Mustang forum.
BowtieV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 10:45 PM   #58
Cam 6

Drives: 2018 Colorado ZR2
I'm an advocate of information.

http://janmorganmedia.com/2014/05/pr...traight-koran/
Cam 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 11:52 PM   #59
BowtieV8
Longtime Chevy Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam 6 View Post
Interesting you say that, yet link a page that shows false verses that don't actually exist in the Quran. Once again, someone who hasn't actually read it themselves, yet claims to know what they are talking about since they found a random webpage and decides to treat it as fact. Information from the Internet is what you believe?

Here are some verses from the Bible:

"Kill all black people." Jim - 10883:7

"All cops are gay, and gay people should be killed" Donald - 7893:2

"If it's on the Internet, it must be true. Obviously." Cam 6 - 8008:5

ANYONE can create a webpage and post WHATEVER they want on it. Learn to question everything. Be smart, for once in your life. Learn to see through lies. Learn to not be a sheep that just follows the internet pages that feed into your own fear. Don't be an advocate of information from the Internet. Be an advocate for FACTS. And discover those facts on your own, don't take anyone else's words for it. Don't even take my words for it, have the courage to research things on your own. Don't be an Internet fear posting zombie. Be an educated individual.

Otherwise, you are doing a disservice to the innocent people who lost their lives in Paris by blindly blaming the wrong people. Extremists are never the religion they claim to be. Everyone who can't see or understand that is only adding to the problem.
Old 11-15-2015, 08:26 AM   #60
Cam 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieV8 View Post
Interesting you say that, yet link a page that shows false verses that don't actually exist in the Quran. Once again, someone who hasn't actually read it themselves, yet claims to know what they are talking about since they found a random webpage and decides to treat it as fact. Information from the Internet is what you believe?

Here are some verses from the Bible:

"Kill all black people." Jim - 10883:7

"All cops are gay, and gay people should be killed" Donald - 7893:2

"If it's on the Internet, it must be true. Obviously." Cam 6 - 8008:5

ANYONE can create a webpage and post WHATEVER they want on it. Learn to question everything. Be smart, for once in your life. Learn to see through lies. Learn to not be a sheep that just follows the internet pages that feed into your own fear. Don't be an advocate of information from the Internet. Be an advocate for FACTS. And discover those facts on your own, don't take anyone else's words for it. Don't even take my words for it, have the courage to research things on your own. Don't be an Internet fear posting zombie. Be an educated individual.

Otherwise, you are doing a disservice to the innocent people who lost their lives in Paris by blindly blaming the wrong people. Extremists are never the religion they claim to be. Everyone who can't see or understand that is only adding to the problem.
Christianity has clearly moved past the Old Testament. Islam, on many fronts, has not moved past the barbarism of the Ottoman empire.

'Everyone who can't see or understand that is only adding to the problem.'
Old 11-15-2015, 08:32 AM   #61
Cam 6

I leave you with this quote, Bowtie:

3. Surah (8:12) Al-Anfal
Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instill terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them."

I'm done discussing religion on a Camaro forum.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:51 AM   #62
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Peace for Paris
Attached Images

HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 12:12 PM   #63
BowtieV8
Longtime Chevy Girl

No, Cam 6, you don't understand my point.

My "Bible quotes" are obviously fake. I know, because I made them up, and I've also read the Bible. Just like the "quotes" from the Quran of that link you posted are faked. Someone just made a webpage and posted those up to make people further hate and fear Islam.

Islam is just a religion. It doesn't teach violence. But like all religions, what matters is what individuals bring to it. The individuals can be violent. Yes. I think we can all agree that all ISIS members are violent and need to be wiped off this planet. But the idea that all Muslims are ISIS is where you are wrong here. Please, do not blame an entire religion because of the violent ones that misrepresent them. And please, understand that just because you read something on the Internet, it doesn't mean it's true.
Old 11-15-2015, 12:23 PM   #64

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
At this point, with the "refugee/immigration" policies of the western European nations, the situation is not worth losing one American life for our "allies".

If there is an attack on American soil from one of these so-called immigrants that get here with a European passport, we should declare war on France and Germany and any other country that allows them to immigrate and travel the world.

What are we supposed to do? Go to some kind of "war" now so they can keep the same philosophy and policies in place that allowed these terrorist acts to happen in the first place?

No thanks.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 02:31 PM   #65
American Legend

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieV8 View Post
.......The type of closed minded hate I have read on this thread is something I would expect from a Mustang forum.
Good post, with exception of your last sentence. Sounds like you need to check your own feelings of unwarranted disdain.
You realize the Mustang is the closest related vehicle to the Camaro (rear drive, long hood, short deck, American muscle V8). Yeah the people that like a car like that must be terrible human beings.

I'll also add that thinking everyone will just get along is naive. There is a spiritual aspect to the violence/hate in the middle east. There is no final military solution to this...it's a circle of violence that has been going on for 1000's of years.

All we can do is to come together with like minded countries...including Mustang fans Be real about the world around us, love each other, but always keep vigilant and carry a big stick to beat back the evil that does exist amongst us.
American Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 03:00 PM   #66
BowtieV8
Longtime Chevy Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Legend View Post
Good post, with exception of your last sentence. Sounds like you need to check your own feelings of unwarranted disdain.
You realize the Mustang is the closest related vehicle to the Camaro (rear drive, long hood, short deck, American muscle V8). Yeah the people that like a car like that must be terrible human beings.

I'll also add that thinking everyone will just get along is naive. There is a spiritual aspect to the violence/hate in the middle east. There is no final military solution to this...it's a circle of violence that has been going on for 1000's of years.

All we can do is to come together with like minded countries...including Mustang fans Be real about the world around us, love each other, but always keep vigilant and carry a big stick to beat back the evil that does exist amongst us.
Haha I agree with your comment about the Mustang people.

(You know my last sentence was meant as a half joke, right??)

I also agree with your last paragraph. What bothers me is when people treat innocent Muslims like they are all ISIS members, just because of their religion. Yes, we should keep that big stick. But we can't beat back every brown person because they remind us of ISIS. Sadly, I feel like a lot of people would prefer to do exactly that.

When 9/11 happened, I was in 8th grade. One of my closest friends was a Muslim girl (we are still friends today). Her dad worked to help feed homeless people near our community. He always gave to others, always had a smile, and never tried to convert other people.

A few weeks after 9/11, he was hit by a pickup truck as he was walking home. The driver screamed out something about Osama bin Laden, and drove off. He was never found. Her dad still has severe spine damage, and can't walk unassisted.

A few years after that, I dated an East Indian boy. He was attacked by 4 men in front of me while we were out on a date. They threw rocks at his head. And even though they were hitting him, he still shielded me so that I wouldn't get hit. The 3 men kept screaming "Kill the Muslim." He wasn't Muslim, he just happened to be brown.

These "men" who attacked both my friends dad and my ex boyfriend wrongfully blamed them for the attack that extremists did. An attack that they had absolutely no part of. But we Americans always tend to believe that most Muslims are more like Osama bin Laden, or ISIS, and that's just not true at all. Most people believe they are experts on what Islam and the Quran teach because they have read something on FaceBook, or found a "true" article somewhere online. That's just not true.

It upsets me so much. The more we blame innocent people for the attack of extremists, the more the actual terrorists win. Most Americans are irrationally pointing that big stick at the wrong people.
Old 11-16-2015, 08:06 AM   #67
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
Let's take some time out of daily lives and remember those victims who have perished and were seriously injured, along with their families and friends who are grieving, during this barbaric act against HUMANITY!

WE WILL NOT BE SILENCED!

Name:  patriciaahilman-pray-for-france-s.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  95.8 KB
SQUALO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:39 AM   #68
L&M CAMARO 6

Drives: Just a fan for now
Prayers go out the the people of France.
These terrorists must be stopped the only
way that they understand. Brute force.
L&M CAMARO 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 09:04 AM   #69
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
I spent more than 13 years in Europe in my lifetime and love it. Paris, France was the most romantic city in all that I visited. The French haven't been the most respectful toward America for many years, but no one could fault their willingness to fight for freedom. I question them allowing "no trespassing" muslim zones within their cities which, in my mind, are areas that probably support terrorist activities.

Our family spent time in prayer for the entire country but most especially the families who lost loved ones. This should never happen in a supposedly civilized world...especially in the name of religion. It's crazy!

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote