Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-18-2013, 06:45 PM   #85
richard200593

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by invaderzim View Post
This. Go to maaco to fix the front facia and next thing you'll know you'll have paint coming off the trunk lid. They're THAT good at messing things up. That's why theyre the cheapest by far. Only way they can compete. If you ask me maaco only exists to get a beater looking halfway passable before selling it..

Beleive me I completely agree with you I've never thought of taking my car to maaco, but it's such a small scratch (comparatively speaking) that it seems hard to mess up, I'm tempted to try touch up myself because 1k is hard to bite for such a minor scratch
Zl1 factory Reproduction wheels
Bmr 1.2/1.4 springs/Oracle plasma drl lights, footwell ambient lighting, 45th Gobo lights
*Audio:
Memphis pr600 amp/Fosgate 12" t0 sub/******** stealth box
richard200593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #86
Michael2000

Drives: .
Wow! Some bad advice here.

It's not the damage or the cost that is the issue. It is the lack of communication. If your communication as a couple is this bad already, you two should not be getting married. You have some work to do first. There will be much bigger issues that come up in life that require good communication and conflict resolution. I would recommend premarital counseling (for everyone). How old are you two?

Michael
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #87
Liam
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Hyper Blue
FIXED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard200593 View Post
Any idea if its repairable or do I have to just get a new Fiance?
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:47 PM   #88
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS RS
So, what was your choice on the fix?

2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #89
richard200593

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroJim56 View Post
So, what was your choice on the fix?
Haven't had one yet, my car is parked usually three weeks out of the month especially during summer so I am not in a huge hurry to fix yet but I think I'm going to do research on doing my own touch up.
Bmr 1.2/1.4 springs/Oracle plasma drl lights, footwell ambient lighting, 45th Gobo lights
*Audio:
Old 06-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #90
richard200593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post
Wow! Some bad advice here.

It's not the damage or the cost that is the issue. It is the lack of communication. If your communication as a couple is this bad already, you two should not be getting married. You have some work to do first. There will be much bigger issues that come up in life that require good communication and conflict resolution. I would recommend premarital counseling (for everyone). How old are you two?

Michael
Allot of the get rid of your fiancé advice is all joking.. (I'm assuming, if there really are people out there that crazy I prefer to think they wouldn't have my taste in cars . We have great communication she told me it was something that she didn't realize caused damage, and unless your looking at the spot it occurred you don't see it as easily as one would think especially to someone without a detailed eye. I have absolutely no worries about my relationship or our communication but I do appreciate the feedback and thoughts.
*Audio:
Old 06-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #91
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
I dont know man , Do you drool over your car ? Or is it just a way to get to point to point? Had my wife done that she be crying , and would of told right away, And if you are considering Maccos save the cash and go down to the local hardware store and buy your self a can of paint and do it yourself, It will be same results if not better and you will save $500, Or if you care about your car file a claim and get it fixed right .
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:29 PM   #92
DFWHD

Drives: 45th Anniversary Convertible
My wife of 21 years has caused some type of physical damage to 5 brand new cars/trucks in that time frame all within the first two months of buying them, including my Camaro. Sometimes she fesses up, other she didn't. Ain't nothing you can do about it. What you can do is guilt the daylights out of her for a week or so and enjoy the benefits of a good guilt trip

As others have said, don't cheap out on the repairs, you'll regret it every time you look at the car (and fiance)
DFWHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #93
DefianceDan
VroomVroom

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
looks identical to mine when someone at worked backed into it.

Luckly their insurance covered the $1400 repair. Somehow they managed to 'dent' the top of the cover right on the crease, but the body shop was able to get that out and it looked like new. They repainted the entire fascia (yay for new clear coat!), then blended the hood and both fenders which required new hood stripes and fender badges (which of course I kept for decorating my cube at work) LOL

As for the 'replace with ZL1' guys - not everyone likes that look, and personally I think it would look way out of place on a 45th.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:56 PM   #94
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Quote:
I just had a coworker run up to me and ask me what I hit over the weekend, knowing damn well I didn't hit anything I thought he was joking... Went out to look and found this: called my fiancé pissed thinking someone at a new complex (just moved this weekend) hit me when she admitted she hit a pole backing up and didn't think it was that bad. Any idea if its repairable or do I have to just get a new front bumper? No denting or cracks that I can see.
Sure you want to marry her?
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:35 PM   #95
San2cci

Drives: 2013 silver ice metallic ZL1
This is why my next g.f will have to be a camaro enthusiast. If she hit anything, she'd be as upset as me!
San2cci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:45 PM   #96
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
I would get out if I still could.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:59 PM   #97
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
i went to 3 places around town to get estimates today... definately not a "small" fix like i was hoping, I live in the bay area so obviously anywhere I go Im going to be bent over, but the CHEAPEST place I found was maaco (which ive never been a big fan of) who says they will leave the bumper on, spray it and blend it, and it will be around 550-600. the other two places wanted between 950-1200 for removal and repaint.... I wish I could just live with the scratch but its just too noticiable, this is going to hurt my mod money for a few months.
Why isn't she paying to fix the damage, or at least feign to offer to pay...
Old 06-18-2013, 11:02 PM   #98
oTToBoT87
Robot in Disguise

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Transformers Edition M6
Send a message via Yahoo to oTToBoT87
that is why no one drives my car

K&N Typhoon CAI, Moroso Catch Can, ZL1 Grill w/ Emblem Pro's Cybertronian SS Badgeing, Autobot Fuel Door, Blue LED Dome Light, AAC Concept Side Markers, License Plate LED, Window Tint
oTToBoT87 is offline   Reply With Quote