Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 11-14-2017, 04:19 PM   #1
DevBlackSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS M6
Pulled the trigger (again)

I have an Alkycontrol meth kit coming in. Is there anyone running meth with a procharger, that can give me their experience with it? Any knowledge is helpful, as this is my first time every using a methanol injection system. Love it, or hate it? I would be apreciative! Will post the dyno sheet after shes buttoned up!
Old 11-14-2017, 05:44 PM   #2
exxit

Drives: 2016 1SS D1SC Methfed Lowered Wrapd
Have had mine since spring. Ran pure meth. Diaphragm took a shit last month unexpectedly. Was told it was faulty or else they last longer (we'll see). Alky replaced it pretty much the same day they got it. Was a bit annoying to get to but found an easy way to pull the fender quickly without removing the entire bumper. That helped. Word to the wise. CHECK IT ALL THE TIME. Check it before every drive. Not worth a freak accident. That being said mine leaked A LOT before I was able to figure it out. Pretty much found a pool under the car (which is rare with meth considering how fast it evaps) Thankfully it never touched exhaust or any spark.

The nozzle is NOT designed to fit on the procharger charge pipe. You have two options...

One is what julio suggested (i didnt ask i went a MUCH stupider route we won't even discuss because I think I'm just lucky that my charge pipe still holds boost and hasn't torn a hole in it) which is to remove the rubber from the 2 pieces that hold the nozzle in place and squash them flat since they are a bit conical. That is supposed to fit the pipe thickness.

The other option (more expensive) is to have someone fab up a bend. The only shitty thing is this bend would need to also replace the MAF area (it gets too close to the original maf position if you want to clear the space with an aluminum pipe). Not a huge deal considering you'll need a retune for the meth and can adjust the minute air flow change from making this piece. Place a hole (some swear it has to be on top to avoid heat from your radiator, I have mine on the bottom to divert attention (not that the huge PC isn't a "give me a ticket" enough)

Anyway. Otherwise its an awesome way to squeeze out more ponies. I yanked out another maybe 50 or more whp compared to what others were laying down at the same PSI on just 91 and my dial is set at 6. Still some room but I don't want to use too much meth for fuel and end up a sad camper when a port doesn't get enough or the pump fails.

All in all, for the money, I'm satisfied. Some here have gone with Prometh instead... Some have taken other routes. I know some have done snow but I have heard nothing but leak nightmares from their fittings when running pure meth. No bueno
// 3M/Gotch Design Sponsored Gloss Deep Space Colorshift Wrap //
exxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:45 PM   #3
Turbo_RORO

Drives: Camaro 17 SS
I use the AEM kit. I don't have any experience with Alky. I like meth. I have my IAT broke out so I can monitor my IAT change when spraying meth. I am running -20 windshield washer fluid. It is straight forward if they don't get too aggressive with the tune.
Turbo_RORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:06 PM   #4
DevBlackSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by exxit View Post
Have had mine since spring. Ran pure meth. Diaphragm took a shit last month unexpectedly. Was told it was faulty or else they last longer (we'll see). Alky replaced it pretty much the same day they got it. Was a bit annoying to get to but found an easy way to pull the fender quickly without removing the entire bumper. That helped. Word to the wise. CHECK IT ALL THE TIME. Check it before every drive. Not worth a freak accident. That being said mine leaked A LOT before I was able to figure it out. Pretty much found a pool under the car (which is rare with meth considering how fast it evaps) Thankfully it never touched exhaust or any spark.

The nozzle is NOT designed to fit on the procharger charge pipe. You have two options...

One is what julio suggested (i didnt ask i went a MUCH stupider route we won't even discuss because I think I'm just lucky that my charge pipe still holds boost and hasn't torn a hole in it) which is to remove the rubber from the 2 pieces that hold the nozzle in place and squash them flat since they are a bit conical. That is supposed to fit the pipe thickness.

The other option (more expensive) is to have someone fab up a bend. The only shitty thing is this bend would need to also replace the MAF area (it gets too close to the original maf position if you want to clear the space with an aluminum pipe). Not a huge deal considering you'll need a retune for the meth and can adjust the minute air flow change from making this piece. Place a hole (some swear it has to be on top to avoid heat from your radiator, I have mine on the bottom to divert attention (not that the huge PC isn't a "give me a ticket" enough)

Anyway. Otherwise its an awesome way to squeeze out more ponies. I yanked out another maybe 50 or more whp compared to what others were laying down at the same PSI on just 91 and my dial is set at 6. Still some room but I don't want to use too much meth for fuel and end up a sad camper when a port doesn't get enough or the pump fails.

All in all, for the money, I'm satisfied. Some here have gone with Prometh instead... Some have taken other routes. I know some have done snow but I have heard nothing but leak nightmares from their fittings when running pure meth. No bueno
Oh dang! Thanks for the heads up! I'm not doing the install so I'm curious as to how they run the line into/around the charge pipe. What exacrlt were hou checking? The level Im assuming. I'm going to run it to my windshield wipers reservoir.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:07 PM   #5
DevBlackSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_RORO View Post
I use the AEM kit. I don't have any experience with Alky. I like meth. I have my IAT broke out so I can monitor my IAT change when spraying meth. I am running -20 windshield washer fluid. It is straight forward if they don't get too aggressive with the tune.

Sweet! What kind of gains did you see with it?
Old 11-14-2017, 08:12 PM   #6
Turbo_RORO

Drives: Camaro 17 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBlackSS View Post
Sweet! What kind of gains did you see with it?
Not sure. My car has only been on the dyno once. I'll say that the way I tune I don't think the gain will be much. I am more interested lowering the IATs vs gaining HP. I don't use pure meth, or high mixes. I built my tune around 30% methanol content so that is what I use even when I mix my own. I'm the kind of guy who prefers safe not sorry.
Turbo_RORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:33 PM   #7
DevBlackSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_RORO View Post
Not sure. My car has only been on the dyno once. I'll say that the way I tune I don't think the gain will be much. I am more interested lowering the IATs vs gaining HP. I don't use pure meth, or high mixes. I built my tune around 30% methanol content so that is what I use even when I mix my own. I'm the kind of guy who prefers safe not sorry.
ahhh, yes very true. cant blame you there.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:50 AM   #8
ProCharger

Drives: Many C7's
NICE! You are going to have some fun OP!
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 12:11 PM   #9
exxit

Drives: 2016 1SS D1SC Methfed Lowered Wrapd
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBlackSS View Post
Oh dang! Thanks for the heads up! I'm not doing the install so I'm curious as to how they run the line into/around the charge pipe. What exacrlt were hou checking? The level Im assuming. I'm going to run it to my windshield wipers reservoir.
I went with the windshield wiper res as well, great spot and the bottle holds up just fine. I added some amazing goop to the fittings just because I am a paranoid dude and some of the ctv v guys said they've had leaks at the bottle.

When they mount the unit in your fender you will be able to get down there and get a hand in behind the sideskirt. Touch each fitting with the tip of a finger to see if you feel meth. You'll know the difference between wet meth and a cold fitting by just feeling it.

Mine was leaking directly from the pump itself. It was pooling on the screws of the plastic piece. At first I thought the screws were loose but decided to just send it in instead of tinkering with it.
// 3M/Gotch Design Sponsored Gloss Deep Space Colorshift Wrap //
exxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:48 PM   #10
DevBlackSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCharger View Post
NICE! You are going to have some fun OP!
Yes! I can barely contain my excitement, lol.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:53 PM   #11
DevBlackSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by exxit View Post
I went with the windshield wiper res as well, great spot and the bottle holds up just fine. I added some amazing goop to the fittings just because I am a paranoid dude and some of the ctv v guys said they've had leaks at the bottle.

When they mount the unit in your fender you will be able to get down there and get a hand in behind the sideskirt. Touch each fitting with the tip of a finger to see if you feel meth. You'll know the difference between wet meth and a cold fitting by just feeling it.

Mine was leaking directly from the pump itself. It was pooling on the screws of the plastic piece. At first I thought the screws were loose but decided to just send it in instead of tinkering with it.
Haha, I will definately keep an eye out now that you said that. Thank You