Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-10-2014, 09:44 AM   #1
blueallie

Drives: Abm 1ss/rs 6m
UPDATE!!!Help Please/dash looks like a christmas tree

I'm having some serious issues. The service stabilitrak message,CEL,ABS,and BRAKE lights on the cluster came on. I pulled trouble code with a scan tool and this is what came up
P0575 (cruise control)
P069E (fuel pump control module)
P0856 (ABS??)
U0121 (unknown)
U0140 (Unknown)

Any ideas on what to look for? What to replace? The car only has 44k on it and I only drive it on the weekends.
Thanks in advance

Last edited by blueallie; 06-27-2014 at 09:44 PM.
blueallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:34 AM   #2
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Obvious question: what mods have you done to it? Try disconnecting the battery for a while?
Old 05-10-2014, 01:25 PM   #3
blueallie

No new mods in over a year. Btw mods are in sig....
Old 05-10-2014, 06:04 PM   #4
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueallie View Post
No new mods in over a year. Btw mods are in sig....

I'm using my phone on tapatalk, Sig's don't show for whatever reason. Maybe a setting Iono.

Try the battery disconnect?
Old 05-10-2014, 06:31 PM   #5
blueallie

Yeah I tried that. I also tried checking the fuses. I reset everything and nothing seems to work. Id like to stay away from the dealer because I don't want to get rapped on labor plus I don't trust any in the area.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:17 PM   #6
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
It might be worth the $100 bucks or so to let GM "diagnose" the problem and then go from there. I wouldn't let most dealers work on my car, but sometimes they have a leg up in seeing enough of a problem and TSB's to give you a reasonable path to start down.
20Camaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 06:47 PM   #7
blueallie

New code popped up today. P0109 MAP intermittent....
Old 05-16-2014, 05:05 PM   #8
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
I'm having some serious issues. The service stabilitrak message,CEL,ABS,and BRAKE lights on the cluster came on. I pulled trouble code with a scan tool and this is what came up
P0575 (cruise control)
P069E (fuel pump control module)
P0856 (ABS??)
U0121 (unknown)
U0140 (Unknown)

Any ideas on what to look for? What to replace? The car only has 44k on it and I only drive it on the weekends.
Thanks in advance
Sounds like a computer problem. Any codes coming on starting with P will usually trigger the MIL and are caused by powertrain problems. Any code starting with a U is a communication problem between modules/computers.

If all these codes popped up at once you definitely have a computer problem. Any car 2008 and up, and some before that, are CANBUS systems. Lots of Fords have these problems and half the time I end up replacing the dashboard, which has its own module on those F150s, and it'll clear all the B codes, P codes, U codes. You'll need a diagnostics to figure out exactly which computer is bad, or if it's a wiring problem between computers/modules.

One of those annoying jobs, to be honest. Pincheck the harness if you know how, otherwise it's a computer diagnostic.
I still would NOT take it to the dealer. Find a mechanic who has OEM GM scan tools and have them fix it unless it under warranty.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:35 AM   #9
blueallie

Thanks!!! I set up an appointment for local shop who comes highly recommended.
Old 06-22-2014, 08:41 AM   #10
blueallie

Well, I took it in and they pulled over 6 pages of codes off my car. I was there for 4 hours.... I'm dropping it back off on Monday due to the fact the main electrical guy wasn't there so I guess we'll see what happens...
Old 06-22-2014, 11:57 PM   #11
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
Don't be surprised if they say new ECM. Make them check all the grounds. Is your battery voltage good? Some GM cars really flake out when voltage gets low.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:47 AM   #12
Darwood

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
On other cars (Toyota Land Cruisers to be specific) this happens when the alternator goes bad. Not sure if this helps it not.
Darwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:26 AM   #13
blueallie

The voltage normally runs between 12.4-14.1. The car is getting harder to start.
If it's the ecu, how hard is one to get? I hope it just ends up being a loose ground and not something that's gonna cost an arm and a leg....
Old 06-23-2014, 04:56 PM   #14
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
The voltage normally runs between 12.4-14.1. The car is getting harder to start.
If it's the ecu, how hard is one to get? I hope it just ends up being a loose ground and not something that's gonna cost an arm and a leg....
It's going to be one of the computer modules, not necessarily the ECM/PCM, could be BCM, TCM, etc. A loose ground only costs less than a module if it is found immediately. I doubt it's that anyways, if the problem is getting worse you definitely have a computer problem. Meaning any of your computers, not just main brain

Gotta disconnect each module one at a time and try communicating with the others, usually that's the easiest way to figure out which is bad. Once the bad module is disconnected all the other modules should communicate with OE scanners. Assuming the problem is not intermittent
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote