Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #57
CouldaHadaV8

Drives: 2010SS 2012RS
http://youtu.be/oSaD6Lu9IOA
CouldaHadaV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #58
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
i would be more pissed that she didn't tell me (no matter how small it was) then the actual fact that she got into an accident.

that's an issue that you need to address my friend.
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #59
alanhurst
Master Chief

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBLUES View Post
To the OP.
In all seriousness...
My advise to you would be to use this experience to show your fiance' how much she really means to you.
Take her out to a nice dinner or buy her flowers or something nice. Just show her that she is way more important to you than a car and that you can be a kind and forgiving husband.
Just my 2 cents. Good luck
Ya that's right, reward bad behavior, that'll fix it...
Old 05-13-2013, 06:17 PM   #60
richard200593

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
Ugh...and there is an ugly Mustang in the reflection of the fender...hope that buffs out as well.

It is a car. She is fine. Not a huge deal. I would ask her to be more straightforward with you from now on and disclose things that happen and encourage an open line of communication between the two of you. It will make for a stronger marriage in the long run.

For the record. My wife has driven my Camaro and my Escalade 10 feet each. And never again.
That ugly mustang actually just got a cracked block last week, so I was specifically parking next to him so I know I have one less door ding to worry about
richard200593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #61
revychevy

Drives: 2010 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FINALLYSATISFIED View Post
She didnt think it was that bad? She is lying to you obviously for the fact that she didn't want to tell you face to face.
Yep. This. My wife backed into my Camaro right front quarter panel on the way to work in our driveway and "forgot" to tell me once. The issue isn't an accident, it's not caring what's important to you. (The I didn't think it mattered is obviously a childish dodge.) if you broke something she loved and cared about you would I'm sure tell her, and not say "so what?" I feel you brother.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #62
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Ouch. Thought it could be buffed out but after taking a 2nd look dont think that will do. Looks like its just the paint chipped. May be a few hundred may do the job.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:29 PM   #63
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
PHDTS.

Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:39 PM   #64
DRKnight1SS
The Dude

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS M6
That's one good reason to drive a manual. MOST women don't know how to drive them or refuse to because they like automatic trans better. Driving privileges revoked!
DRKnight1SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #65
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBLUES View Post
To the OP.
In all seriousness...
My advise to you would be to use this experience to show your fiance' how much she really means to you.
Take her out to a nice dinner or buy her flowers or something nice. Just show her that she is way more important to you than a car and that you can be a kind and forgiving husband.
Just my 2 cents. Good luck
Yeah , you do that , and she own you
Next thing will be , let's say , the wheel got curbed , ,,,,didn't know it was a big deal
Then , she will swing the door wide open into trafic
Gas up with crapy gas
Drive for miles with a flat tire
Park at the mall in between 2 Fords

That last one will be sacrilege
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:48 PM   #66
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Hey I've been through crap like this myself. Most women forget when they screw up your car. It's the ones that try to lie and deny it that you send packing. If they own up to it there is no cause for alarm.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #67
Bumble.Bee
Account Suspended

Drives: Prius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk-Ice View Post
Rule#1: NEVER, EVER let your girlfriend drive your Camaro!!!
Bumble.Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:05 PM   #68
Bmags

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Personally after being married for along time to someone who was less than honest on many occasions. Hence no longer married to her, when someone is going use omission as a convenient excuse to avoid telling you something they perceive you aren't going to be happy about. That most likely will become the way the deal with any difficult situation. I wouldn't be angry at her for damaging the car, I would be disappointed that she didn't respect me enough to tell me what happened to my car. I would tell her how you feel about it rather then get upset or angry. The money to fix it isn't really the issue, because it was an accident, she didn't do it on purpose. Wish you the best of luck in your marriage and I'm sure your car will look as good as new when you have it fixed.
Bmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:06 PM   #69
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
My GF had a fender bender in a parking lot with mine a couple years ago. I was working nights and sleeping days when she came home and woke me up to tell me she wrecked my car. I said I would look at it later, let me go back to sleep. I was more upset about being woke up. She didn't hesitate to tell me about it.
It was $3000 that the other party had to pay half of as a no fault. It got fixed and we moved on.
When I casued about $8000 damage last week she didn't give me any crap about it either. Shit happens.

As for the original question. I would say it would cost around $300-$400 to fix if you take the bumper only to a body shop. Probably $1000 if they R&R the bumper cover. I was recently looking at options to replace and paint a new front bumper. These are approximate numbers I got from a few places.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:18 PM   #70
amz
Factory Correct

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Its nothing, be a man and blow it off completely.

When my wife ,of 20 years ,was my fiancee , she did something similar to my new Iroc.

She is just so much more important than ANY piece of metal.
amz is offline   Reply With Quote