Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-27-2015, 10:19 AM   #1
cwl011

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
#findnewroads - Philly(plus more info)

Hey, so last night I had the great opportunity to go see the new gen6 cars. Al was there and I spoke with Adam Barry for and hour and a half. First off let me say they are so passionate about this car and I loved hearing all they had to say about it. After last night I feel like I know this car better than any car in the world. Adam went over ever body line and explained why it was put there, so if you guys have any questions about body lines let me know and I will relay what Adam stated. Another aspect that Adam really emphasized were the accessories. There are going to be some great one as you already know and on top of it most of the accessories were allow to be tested while the car was in wind tunnel testing. With that said they all improve performance on the car. Some notable accessories are that aftermarket exhaust, he said it would be louder and it will be with two mufflers. Key new fact about the aftermarket spoiler(duck bill) you will be able to order it for your SS, however you have to order the car and have the dealer specify to have the truck lid of the LT. You can only do this if you buy the accessory spoiler. There is most likely going to be a black glotie, there is one on the red sema car and it wasn't painted. The new grill inserts are going to be less air restrictive and the most gain will be on the LT with the brembo brakes kit. The diffuser he designed is going to run really deep under the car and line will be above the exhaust tips unlike the current setup.

As for the cars, let me preface by saying I absolutely love the new generation and what I am about to say is my opinion and others may not care as much about my critiques.

Cons:
-I am 5'11" and the window sill is too high for me to rest my elbow and still have my hand on the steering wheel. I am not saying I don't like the height, more so that I won't be able to drive with my left only while resting it on the window sill.
-the side rear window in my opinion looks good from the outside but is useless on while you are driving. I sat in one and the seat was all the way back and i still could not see out the the side rear window
-On the 1SS the pads for your elbow and knee are hard plastic and they have a grainy texture. I suggest if you can order the accessory leather wrapped ones.
-the cloth on the sun vizors and roof kind of take a way from the overall quality of the interior.

Pros:
-the amount of fine details on the cars are amazing. It blew me away! It's alway the little stuff that makes me happy,lol. For example, the headlights have the word camaro on the turn signal, the turn signal was designed to be seen from a 45 degrees and on to side traffic. The emblems are beautiful. the side sills with the lighted camaro are awesome at night. The tactile experience it wonderful, the knobs, leather and more feel good.
-i have had two back surgeries and even though there is no lumbar support, i think the seats are comfy and i don't think they would affect my back in a negative way. The leather felt nice but then again in am not leather expert. heads up if you are going to wait for accessory seats from gm, they aren't coming, this was confirmed last night.
-i think the body and body lines are sooo sexy even the LT version. You really have to see the car in person to see all the little detail and curves and little shape and geometries of the body. AMAZING!
-finally an infotainment system that doesn't have the flimsy cloudy plastic, apple carplay and android auto are going to be awesome on this system.

I am sure i missed many topics, if you have anymore questions please ask them, I know Adam told me more. Sorry for no pics but i got there at 7pm and it was dark already and there was some frost forming on the top of the cars.

UPDATE: there are going to be three more cars at the sema show and Adams say they next three are more badass than the ones already released
cwl011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:36 AM   #2
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
More SEMA Camaros coming eh?? Very cool!

Sad to hear that the knee pads in the 1SS are plastic. I'm surprised by that. Oh wells, I was hoping to replace them down the road with something aftermarket anyways.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:40 AM   #3
joemosfet

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Thanks for the review!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwl011 View Post
I am 5'11" and the window sill is too high for me to rest my elbow and still have my hand on the steering wheel. I am not saying I don't like the height, more so that I won't be able to drive with my left only while resting it on the window sill.
I like the high belt lines, I've always felt like redneck or white trash if I were to rest my arm on the door sil. I rest my elbow on my knee and drive left handed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwl011 View Post
-the side rear window in my opinion looks good from the outside but is useless on while you are driving. I sat in one and the seat was all the way back and i still could not see out the the side rear window
So no change from the 5th gen here, then. Oh well.
2014 Stingray Premiere Edition Coupe #142/500 Z51 3LT M7 Laguna Blue, Magride, NPP, Exposed Carbon Fiber Roof, Carbon Fiber Dash, Suede Wrapped Interior

Canceled: 2016 Camaro Coupe 1AK37 2SS Coupe, G7E Garnet Red, BRJ Adrenaline Red Trim, F55 Magnetic Ride, NPP Exhaust, CF5 Sunroof, 56R Gray Split spoke w/ machined face, RN2 LPO Illuminated Bowtie, VYW Premium Floor Mats, W2D LPO Cargo Net
joemosfet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:49 AM   #4
cwl011

in all sema is going to have a hot red, white, hyper blue, mosaic black and silver car decked out with gm accessories. The black one is said to have red daytime running lights but those will not be an option for us.
Old 10-27-2015, 11:28 AM   #5
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
I guess we have to wait and see them.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 12:12 PM   #6
EstebanVerde

Drives: 16 2SS Camaro
Did they mention anything about the body line behind the rear window where the Pilar appears to be indented? I've always been curious about the thinking behind that style cue. Thanks!
EstebanVerde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 12:17 PM   #7
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post

Sad to hear that the knee pads in the 1SS are plastic. I'm surprised by that. Oh wells, I was hoping to replace them down the road with something aftermarket anyways.
There are leather and suede options on the 1SS for those. Think I read it was like $350 or so.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 12:24 PM   #8
cwl011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstebanVerde View Post
Did they mention anything about the body line behind the rear window where the Pilar appears to be indented? I've always been curious about the thinking behind that style cue. Thanks!
so the design of the side rear window was based of the gen 2 camaro where the body line followed from the head light to the rear window. The reason they kept that gap between the window and the quarter panel was one, to show off the gen 2 line and two, to keep the muscular look which makes that car appear larger.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:30 PM   #9
cwl011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
There are leather and suede options on the 1SS for those. Think I read it was like $350 or so.
leather seats, no. But i believe there is a package for the door inserts and the pads for the elbow and knee. He did state that adding those accessories adds nice color and layout across the car and that is for all models. That would include the trim kit and knee bolster with color