Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 03-31-2015, 01:00 PM   #1
jksynergy

Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
Made the switch to Amsoil

So, with some help and advice from Andy-Amsoil, we made the switch on all of the fluids on our 14 1LE over to Amsoil products. We even changed the air filter from the AFE that comes with the Roto Fab over to Amsoil’s cone filter. Needless to say, so far, impressed with everything. The biggest surprise was changing over the transmission fluid to the Torque Drive synthetic transmission fluid. The shifter is now very smooth and hardly any noise is present when changing gears. My wife was riding along and noticed it right away. When asked what I did, I told her we simply changed the fluid to Amsoil. Nice to see that I was not the only one who could tell a difference.
Haven’t had time to really evaluate both brake and diff fluid, but knowing they are protected is good with me for now. The brake fluid was changed to the high temp DOT4 synthetic and the rear changed over to the 75w-140. The car is primarily used for track duty and that is why we went with the 140 vs the 90 or even 110. Once we hit the track and especially this summer, I’m sure we will know the difference. The higher temp brake fluid and now added brake cooling ducts should make those drops in speed when approaching the corners a little safer and not so worrisome. I will continue to update on findings and thoughts on the fluids as things change and the season gets underway.
Attached Images

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust,Powerbrake
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 01:47 PM   #2
Andy-AMSOIL

Drives: bicycle
Looking forward to work with you this season...
Andy-AMSOIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 02:58 PM   #3
Deftones

Drives: 2012 RS/SS LS3
Nice. All my fluids are amsoil minus the brake fluid.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:36 PM   #4
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
All the lubricants in my SS are Amsoil. I first used it in a 1977 Camaro way back when.

Last edited by PAUL SS; 03-31-2015 at 09:23 PM.
PAUL SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 03:46 PM   #5
z3R0fo01

Drives: 2014 1SS RS 1LE tvs2300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
Nice. All my fluids are amsoil minus the brake fluid.
same. love the stuff.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:30 PM   #6
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Just switched from Redline to Amsoil also!
Old 03-31-2015, 07:24 PM   #7
Andy-AMSOIL

I also wanted to add to Jason's post: this is a sponsorship we extended to Jason and his race camaro for the 2015 season... so he will be doing updates and reviews on the products.

Expect oil analysis and track data
Old 04-04-2015, 03:47 PM   #8
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Subscribed for the oil analysis and track data.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 06:55 PM   #9
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Amsoil motor oil is all that goes in my car... It gets changed before every event or 3K miles like clockwork... and that's 13 quarts in the motor alone...

Transmission is using a proprietary blend from Rockland Standard Gear since they built it and supply the oil with the trans...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:21 PM   #10
jksynergy

Quick update.
So far, I have about 50 autocross runs since the change over. The transmission fluid change has been huge in difference over the factory. Shifts are perfect and smooth. No noises, just the action of the shifter. Oil has endured quite nicely. I check it before heading to the track and then when I get home. Oil looks and smells good. Catch can is doing it's job and looking in there with some sunlight, no funny sparkles or other items to be concerned with. This past Saturday was a 24 run EVO School day. My runs were taken back to back, no cool down in between due to class size. Made it easy for me to be consistent for sure. I watched oil temps and never really broke 240*. That would be with 8 runs in a row no stopping. Makes me feel good that she would stay that cool. Outside temps in the mid to low 70's. Sunny day, asphalt track.
Brake fluid is fine, no issues or concerns. Thinking I have 2 more autox events then the Midwest Muscle Car challenge at the end of May. Will change oil, flush brakes and should be good to go.
Only thing I have really felt change, the rear end. Running 75w-140. When cold, it feels a little tight and you hear it groan for a little bit. Once up to temp, things seem to be just fine.
Plan to contact Andy before the oil change to get the analysis kit and see what we find. Would expect not to find much, but it's always good to be sure.
Jason.

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Old 04-14-2015, 06:14 PM   #11
Andy-AMSOIL

Jason

Please let me know when you are ready to dump the engine and tranny oils so I can send you sample bottles for some oil analysis
Old 04-14-2015, 06:26 PM   #12
NW Sam

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Garnet Red
What transmission is in your car?
NW Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 10:43 AM   #13
jksynergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Sam View Post
What transmission is in your car?
The Tremec TR6060-M10. Same as all 1LE's.

Old 04-20-2015, 08:32 PM   #14
jksynergy

Few glamour shots of our 1LE. First SCCA event is this weekend. Hoping to move the Mustangs down the points chart. .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk