Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-24-2016, 08:46 AM   #43
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
I still have my switchblade keys and the dealer never even mentioned it.
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:56 AM   #44
DBHWT

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
I've got about five of those recall notices in mail over last several months
DBHWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 05:46 PM   #45
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Nope still got mine and I haven't heard anything.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:02 PM   #46
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
i declined at the dealer over a year ago. this came today. i'll save it for the jehovahs.

Attached Images

Old 05-24-2016, 07:26 PM   #47
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
All the time, been declining for years. I still get those same cards.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:51 PM   #48
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
my Camaro was bought back under Lemon Law in Oct 2015 and I still get the recall post cards, extended warranty calls and cards, calls about trading it in FROM THE DEALER THAT TOOK IT BACK, and I recently got a call about the key.

I have asked numerous times to be taken off the lists, now I just block the calls.

Heck I still get calls about my 2010 Avalanche that I traded in for the 2012 Camaro.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:10 PM   #49
Chevy_cowboy

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS M6 Convertible
We get postcards every 2 weeks or so, 3 of them now. 1 for the switchblade we refuse to do, 1 for the camaro seat bolt recall that I performed myself (tried to explain that to GM, they insisted I couldn't have managed the repair myself) and one for the trailblazer drivers side power lock/window panel recall that we had a GM dealer perform over 3 years ago that for whatever reason they still think needs to be done.

They waste a lot of money on postcards, but the USPS needs the money, so I'll keep filing them in the trash.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:41 PM   #50
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarshall2121 View Post
and yet they didnt question the 2000hp?
Dude seriously didn't comprehend what I said... He was a phone guy, not a car guy...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 10:15 AM   #51
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
my Camaro was bought back under Lemon Law in Oct 2015 and I still get the recall post cards, extended warranty calls and cards, calls about trading it in FROM THE DEALER THAT TOOK IT BACK, and I recently got a call about the key.

I have asked numerous times to be taken off the lists, now I just block the calls.

Heck I still get calls about my 2010 Avalanche that I traded in for the 2012 Camaro.
start setting up appointments, of course you cant show up for them. They may get the point after a few missed ones...

Last edited by kmarshall2121; 05-26-2016 at 11:27 AM.
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 10:16 AM   #52
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Dude seriously didn't comprehend what I said... He was a phone guy, not a car guy...
next time have him look into whether or not the Johnson Rods are covered...
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 04:25 PM   #53
bub

Drives: '17 1SS 1LE & '15 Corvette Z06
The next chapter in the switchblade saga...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker2 View Post
There have been several threads on this; one just recently. You really have three choices; 1) get the recall done, 2) go to your dealership service manager and sign a waiver or 3) ignore the letters, emails & phone calls.

I went to my Service Manager right after the recall came out & talked with him, he had me sign a waiver and I've yet to hear anything from GM.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=453212

Going with approach #3) can boomerang at resale time.

A recall can show up on your Carfax (have seen it on the project car we are flipping). Trying to explain the whole switchblade sh$tshow to a novice Camaro buyer is like talking to the wall...they see "RECALL" in red and freak out.

Also nice having one "fixed" key for service (your spare) so that you never have to worry about the dealer changing it unannounced on a service visit.

Personally I'll have 3 keys. 2 functional blades and a service "standard" (fixed) key after the recall this week.
bub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 03:24 AM   #54
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by bub View Post
Going with approach #3) can boomerang at resale time.

A recall can show up on your Carfax (have seen it on the project car we are flipping). Trying to explain the whole switchblade sh$tshow to a novice Camaro buyer is like talking to the wall...they see "RECALL" in red and freak out.

Also nice having one "fixed" key for service (your spare) so that you never have to worry about the dealer changing it unannounced on a service visit.

Personally I'll have 3 keys. 2 functional blades and a service "standard" (fixed) key after the recall this week.

That's pretty much what I did. I brought in only my oldest, most used switchblade. The dealer said, "That's fine, it will satisfy the recall." I received a neutered FOB and 2 separate keys, one on a ring to the FOB.

That FOB and key went into my lock-box with my other spare keys.
The separate key went onto my keychain with my house keys that I always keep in my pocket.
I use the switchblade daily.

I have brought the car in for service leaving the switchblade; it is never mentioned because the records show the recall has been performed.
Old 06-09-2018, 07:21 AM   #55
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
I signed a waiver years ago on my former 2011 and still received those post cards. Tried to get a waiver for my 2010 and couldn't. Wouldn't have made a difference anyways.

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 07:27 AM   #56
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhite11 View Post
I signed a waiver years ago on my former 2011 and still received those post cards. Tried to get a waiver for my 2010 and couldn't. Wouldn't have made a difference anyways.
The funny part is that I went to a Chevy dealer to get a replacement fob and they sold me a switch blade, I didn't even ask for one, that's just what they sold me.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote