Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-01-2015, 09:27 AM   #43
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 760bowtie View Post
Can you PM me some advice on how to start the process of trying to get GM to buy back a vehicle? I've been having issues with my 2 month old 2015 silverado. It's been to the dealership 4 times for a check engine light related to emissions issues. I'm fed up with having to take it back to the dealership every week for the past month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostySS View Post
Start a case with Chevy Customer Care, most of them are morons but it at least it'll get the ball rolling. 800-222-1020

I'd also get all of your paperwork together, make an appointment to talk to the dealership's service manager. He can then contact the local DM and try to get the ball rolling on the process. I'd also check your state laws and see what remedy you have there as well.

basically what Frosty said.. In my case I went to another dealership and the service manager there contacted the DM and started the case because the Service Manager at the dealership I purchased the vehicle from basically told me to f-off after the warranty was up.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:34 AM   #44
760bowtie

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, 2018 Silverado CC
Thanks for the advise guys. I did talk to Chevy customer service yesterday to complain about having to take it in again. The service rep said he'd start a case and forward it to the dealership. As soon as I got to the dealership the service advisor told me they were keeping the truck to dig deeper into it and gave me a rental. He said that he got the higher-ups involved (whatever that means) and he'd call me back today with an update.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:13 AM   #45
FrostySS

Drives: 2018 Redline Edition 2SS
Quote:
Thanks for the advise guys. I did talk to Chevy customer service yesterday to complain about having to take it in again. The service rep said he'd start a case and forward it to the dealership. As soon as I got to the dealership the service advisor told me they were keeping the truck to dig deeper into it and gave me a rental. He said that he got the higher-ups involved (whatever that means) and he'd call me back today with an update.
Just be patient, the buy back process "can" take a bit of time. Hopefully the service manager and DM are both cool. Some are just straight up assholes, my DM is a complete douche, I can't stand him.
2018 Redline Edition 2SS- A8, NPP, MRC, Recaro seats, ECS Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, cat deletes, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts Drake Muscle Car wicker bill, Adams Polishes Ceramic Coating

2010 Infiniti G37x Sedan for the DD.
FrostySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 06:49 PM   #46
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostySS View Post
Just be patient, the buy back process "can" take a bit of time. Hopefully the service manager and DM are both cool. Some are just straight up assholes, my DM is a complete douche, I can't stand him.

if it goes the buy back route, GM takes about 3 weeks from start to complete of the process, however they have to pull all the service records from the dealership and this is where it becomes an issue.

I was warned by the GM rep that dealerships will drag their feet on this, and he suggested that if I had any copies of the work orders or receipts I should fax them to him, I had them all so I did.

The dealer takes a financial hit when a buy back occurs, here in CA apparently they have to return any incentives that GM paid out, they also have to pull back any commission paid to the sales rep, amongst other things, so they drag their feet on the paperwork requests from GM, this is what I was told by the GM rep as well as a Lemon Law attorney I consulted in case it became an issue.

---

from my POV, GM handled it quickly, professionally, and to my liking, the dealership however was a complete a$$ about it, and aside from making GM look bad with their actions and causing GM to lose a customer as a result, it really showed the true colors of a dealership I have bought 9 vehicles from who promote themselves as "the friendliest dealer in SoCal"
Old 12-12-2015, 10:41 AM   #47
Jasper

Drives: 2011 Summit White Camaro SS (LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
Convertibles suck in my opinion. Rag top is a a RAG. Hard tops look SOOOOO much better.

That's pretty narrow minded. I happen to prefer going for a cruise with the wife and kids with the top down on a nice summer day than feeling all "couped" up inside a hardtop (especially this car which feels particularly claustrophobic ).

My point is that everyone has different desires and to say Verts suck is being snobby. Guess I'm biased though

J
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote