Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-22-2015, 09:38 PM   #43
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
Having owned both 3rd and 4th gen T-top Camaros I totally agree. The fourth gen was light years ahead of the 3rd and the fifth isn't even comparable to the fourth as far as ride quality and body stiffness. Can't imagine how great the sixth will be.
I owned 2nd (Hurst), 3rd and 4th t-top cars. The 2nd and 3rd gen cars were ruined by the presence of the tops. The 4th gen didn't rattle or leak and was a solid car by comparison but nothing like the 5th with a solid roof

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:09 PM   #44
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
Umm they are pretty Mich the exact same car. You just had a newer version with less miles that's all. The vast majority of leaks was because the owner didn't properly maintain the seals.
LOL they aren't the same car. Similar layout, totally different body structure.
Because the structure was stiffer they were able to tune the 4thgens for a much better ride.
in fact my third gen with a solid roof i sold and had no roof rattles obviously, but there would be creaks and groans just going into a steeper than average driveway, for instance. It was flexible. The t-top car got totaled at 37k miles , so they both had fewer miles than the 4thgen, it had a rattle right above my head all the time i had it.

Last edited by AZCamaroFan; 03-22-2015 at 10:19 PM.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:21 PM   #45
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
LOL they aren't the same car. Similar layout, totally different body structure.
Because the structure was stiffer they were able to tune the 4thgens for a much better ride.
in fact my third gens had fewer miles when i got rid of them than the 4thgen did.
The only noticeable difference from the bottom of a 3rd and 4 th gen is the exhaust that's it. Up top the big change is a cab over design. Still big ass doors that are cheaply built and strip out because it's fiberglass and not metal. The same type of cheap plastic dash and panels. So yeah they are more the same than they are different. The better ride was more or less from shocks,springs,sway bars and the addition of 17" wheels which offered a better tire.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:24 PM   #46
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
good grief

the structure of the car isn't entirely on the bottom . anyone that has read about the two generations or driven them know's the difference in body stiffness.
and the 17''s had nothing to do with it either. i had 3rd and 4thgens that both had 16''s. not even comparable ride's. The 80's Camaro and Corvette had to be tuned with stiffer suspension because there was so much flex in the body. That's straight from GM.

Last edited by AZCamaroFan; 03-22-2015 at 10:38 PM.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 10:51 PM   #47
NASTY99Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
good grief

the structure of the car isn't entirely on the bottom . anyone that has read about the two generations or driven them know's the difference in body stiffness.
and the 17''s had nothing to do with it either. i had 3rd and 4thgens that both had 16''s. not even comparable ride's. The 80's Camaro and Corvette had to be tuned with stiffer suspension because there was so much flex in the body. That's straight from GM.
Read my post again. I never said it was entirely from the bottom and I also touched on the cab over design which is the only major difference. With the interiors out of both cars they look almost identical inside. Once you get past the cab over it brings up the more laid back windshield and smaller ttops. Nothing drastic to make a huge difference. I see you brought up tire size but ignored the sway bars,shocks/struts, and springs. If I wrong then please give exact clarification on what it is that makes the 93-02 so much stiffer and better handling then a 82-92.
Old 03-22-2015, 11:06 PM   #48
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
My 4th gent definitely squeaked but didn't leak. I put a set of SFCs on it since I heard they helped prevent them from getting worse. Didn't squeak near as much after.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 08:22 AM   #49
Denis

Drives: 2010 SS
i guess what confuses me, why are the verts the ones still completely wrapped in that padding? I get the roof and back end, that's fine. but why the hood and doors? whats being covered up by that padding that we can already see on the camo cars?
Old 03-23-2015, 08:40 AM   #50
NASTY99Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
My 4th gent definitely squeaked but didn't leak. I put a set of SFCs on it since I heard they helped prevent them from getting worse. Didn't squeak near as much after.
Yeah a good set of sfc's makes a big difference.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:56 AM   #51
Jbryant910

Drives: 2014 Malibu
I just saw a video of the new Malibu, there is a nice shot of the interior, with most of the dash covered up, but you can see the gauges somewhat and the nav screen. It looks good to me. I am thinking the the Malibu and Camaro interiors will be somewhat similar. Here is a link to the article with video.
http://www.engadget.com/2015/03/20/t...vrolet-malibu/
Jbryant910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 03:56 PM   #52
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
There are tons of prototypes that drive around here. I see cars in camo almost daily, and I see even more cars uncovered with manufacturer plates. I drive to work around 6 a.m. each day, and you see quite a few cars that are entirely blacked out with manufacturer plates. I think they must be doing highway and/or wind resistance testing, because the cars typically don't have any camo on them.

Just this morning, I saw a 2016 Explorer driving around with manufacturer plates on it.
Florida has a lot of Test Cars. There is a private Test Track east of Naples that Car companies & Harley Davidson use. Volkswagon/Audi has a facility in Tampa
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 04:01 PM   #53
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShow1960 View Post
Interesting, the same white Mustang appears to be traveling with the Camaros.
When I was a Test Driver for VW/Audi, we always had different makes Chase Cars! This was in case of a breakdown, you didn't have multiple cars stopped and also to go over competitor cars
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 04:15 PM   #54
Alex Benavitz

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro LFX
6gen

Yeah they tested the new z06 right where I go to school. Some friends and I chased them...
Alex Benavitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:06 PM   #55
CarGarage

Drives: 2SS/RS,Wrangler,CTSVcoupe,viper,etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbryant910 View Post
I just saw a video of the new Malibu, there is a nice shot of the interior, with most of the dash covered up, but you can see the gauges somewhat and the nav screen. It looks good to me. I am thinking the the Malibu and Camaro interiors will be somewhat similar. Here is a link to the article with video.
http://www.engadget.com/2015/03/20/t...vrolet-malibu/
Malibu
Attached Images

CarGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:32 PM   #56
terri_Lovehands

Drives: 2016 1LT RS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGarage View Post
Malibu
looks kind of similar to the interior of the new volt, I notice it with the position of the air conditioning vents, would it be safe to assume that the same design language or similar design language is going to carry on over to the camaro? If so I'm digging it, all it needs is the camaro badge on the steering wheel and I'm good.

Last edited by terri_Lovehands; 03-23-2015 at 11:43 PM.
terri_Lovehands is offline   Reply With Quote