Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-15-2014, 04:30 PM   #15
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Figure you can probably do headers with cat deletes, maybe modify the exhaust, intake, TB of sorts, pulleys, tuning, cam(s?)... There's quite a bit. But will the suspension handle it well... and the stupid low 1st gear of the 8 speed will be an issue.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:52 PM   #16
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
I'm sure tuning and increasing boost alone, will get you 20-30hp safely
Old 07-15-2014, 05:20 PM   #17
96MrBass

Drives: GM
The answer to your question is yes there's plenty of modified cars that are just as fast. For a lot less money.
Roto- Fab Cai, SLP 1 3/4" headers, 3"X pipe, LM2 cat back, Comp Cam & AI Heads, SLP UP, RPM Tuned, GPI Intake, Vmax TB, ADM Air Scoop, 3.91 Gears, Gforce driveshaft, Braille 21#, Elite Catch Can, Pfadt Tie Rods, Diff Bushings and Trailing arms, Eibach spings & sways, BMR cradle bushings, Nt555r's.
96MrBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:27 PM   #18
kingchi1

Drives: 6.0L L76
also, isn't using the "RED FOB" like doing a ecu and tranny tune??
kingchi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:46 PM   #19
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose View Post
What I really want to see is what our Camaro's run at the track with drag radials, automatic and about 600 to 640 real wheel horsepower. I'm sure there are plenty on this forum.

Thanks in advance.

Jim
Mid to high 10's with a good stall all day
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:48 PM   #20
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
The Hellcat has a bigger blower than the ZL1 and I believe it is already running at a higher boost level. The balance of it wasn't too hot either 57F/43R. On stock tires they ran a 11.2, the ZL1 ran 11.936. I think it would be very easy to make up the difference, it would be nice if GM takes the crown. Weight reduction, CAI, different supercharger, etc.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:49 PM   #21
ytown87

Am I the only one that thinks Dodge is gona have the computer in that car on lock down for the first year or so
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:50 PM   #22
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose View Post
What I really want to see is what our Camaro's run at the track with drag radials, automatic and about 600 to 640 real wheel horsepower. I'm sure there are plenty on this forum.

Thanks in advance.

Jim
I hope to find out soon.
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:22 PM   #23
archtaan

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
just so you know, it's a challenger, not charger.

The Hellcat package is coming to the Charger as well.
archtaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:52 PM   #24
madmax13

Drives: '13 2SS/RS/1LE/NPP
Hell yeah! 10.8 on DRs ONLY is pretty badass... C6Z06/ZR1, GT-R... what else? Some new Porsche (under 200k)? Bet it has more in it too.
madmax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:43 PM   #25
Col. Brain

Drives: 2012 Ram 1980 Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytown87 View Post
Am I the only one that thinks Dodge is gona have the computer in that car on lock down for the first year or so
Add nitrous then

and yeah they will have it locked down. Hopefully Diablo or someone gets it cracked ASAP but - they are owned by Fiat now. A lot of the euro car makers lock that stuff down making tuning a pain in the ass. (years of modding VWs and Audis here - although there are some individuals who are very good at cracking the system). Kind of at the mercy of those to unlock the ecu.

but if Mopar came out with their own unlocked ecu - watch out
Col. Brain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:41 PM   #26
ytown87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col. Brain View Post
Add nitrous then

and yeah they will have it locked down. Hopefully Diablo or someone gets it cracked ASAP but - they are owned by Fiat now. A lot of the euro car makers lock that stuff down making tuning a pain in the ass. (years of modding VWs and Audis here - although there are some individuals who are very good at cracking the system). Kind of at the mercy of those to unlock the ecu.

but if Mopar came out with their own unlocked ecu - watch out
Im sure that will be someone's first mod. There will most likely be intake and exhausts out there with pulley upgrades following. But even nitrous I thought required tuning for a cooler spark to be safe. So there may be a delay on that as well. Wish I knew my way around tuning ECU's. Id be on a mission to be the first to unlock and tune it to rake in the money
Old 07-18-2014, 12:41 AM   #27
Natebrod

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE Summit White
So the question your asking is if the challenger is a better chassis than the camaro for drag racing? Well the answer to that is yes simply because the challenger has a solid rear axel and that is the way to go in the 1/4 mile. Can a modded camaro run with a hellcat? Yes. But the hellcat has a better setup for 1/4 mile. The Dodge team realized that they had no chance to turn a quicker lap than a Camaro so went with big HP in a staright line. No biggie lets see what the hellcat can muster on a lightning lap! I bet the 1LE will be quicker or at least real close. There is a reason the COPO has a solid rear end. The hellcat is badass and built for a purpose. The Chevrolet staff has been putting a lot of effort into turning corners these days, oh except for the COPO.

The fellas over at super chevy I think took a stock bottom end LS 4.8l to 1000hp with a turbo! The camaro with an LS platform has plenty of room to make the hp to compete just have to look at the bigger picture.
Natebrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:56 AM   #28
STOCK1SC

Drives: 2012 Charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natebrod View Post
So the question your asking is if the challenger is a better chassis than the camaro for drag racing? Well the answer to that is yes simply because the challenger has a solid rear axel and that is the way to go in the 1/4 mile. Can a modded camaro run with a hellcat? Yes. But the hellcat has a better setup for 1/4 mile. The Dodge team realized that they had no chance to turn a quicker lap than a Camaro so went with big HP in a staright line. No biggie lets see what the hellcat can muster on a lightning lap! I bet the 1LE will be quicker or at least real close. There is a reason the COPO has a solid rear end. The hellcat is badass and built for a purpose. The Chevrolet staff has been putting a lot of effort into turning corners these days, oh except for the COPO.

The fellas over at super chevy I think took a stock bottom end LS 4.8l to 1000hp with a turbo! The camaro with an LS platform has plenty of room to make the hp to compete just have to look at the bigger picture.
The Challenger hasn't had a solid rear axle since they started making them again. It has an IRS.
STOCK1SC is offline   Reply With Quote