Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-06-2013, 08:21 AM   #15
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
it's like the three stooges, with expensive cars
Sikoriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #16
MichiganSRT
SRT and SS

Drives: 08' Jeep SRT8 / 13' 2SS Conv.
I would sure hope that tanner foist can drive, as rally driver and formula D I would hope so haha. I can second the statement about having to learn the ZL1 before pulling its potential, same way for a lot of cars. Even my jeep has ate up a few ZL1 in its time, no way my rig is faster but the driver mod is obviously a big deal with cars like a ZL1.
MichiganSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #17
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6 Bryan View Post
Wow! Put someone in the car that knows how to drive. I'm guessing this was the "American" Top Gear. Those guys are idiots.
IDIOTS, calling them idiots would be a compliment. They've ruined a great show. But I do love Tanner and he can drive. Wish they showed more cars and running them hard instead of the stupid adventures and useless contests they're always having. Like when Tanner tested the new Stingray to see what would be faster, nannies on or off. I prefer the original BBC Top Gear. I recorded last nites show so I'll watch it and like usual "fast forward" threw most of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #18
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I guess nobody noticed all three cars had traction issues....
I think two of those BBC guys are assholes. They hate everything American. They look for reasons to hate American cars, like on the CTS he complained about the chimes. First he left the door open and it bonged at him, then he turned on the ignition and it chimed again. All he needed to do was close the door and put on his seatbelt, like I said, what an ass...Hammond is at least tollerable. Only one on that show I like is the Stig.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #19
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I guess nobody noticed all three cars had traction issues....
I think those BBC guys are three assholes. They hate everything American. They look for reasons to hate American cars, like on the CTS he complained about the chimes. First he left the door open and it bonged at him, then he turned on the ignition and it chimed again. All he needed to do was close the door and put on his seatbelt, like I said what an ass...Only one on that show I like is the Stig.
Everytime I've watched it Clarkson and May attack Richard Hammond because he thinks he's an American. He loves everything about America especially the American Muscle cars. But my money's on that's its all part of the script to get viewer reactions. I will say though, one of my favorite episodes is when Clarkson tested out the ZR1. Wow did he drive that beast!

Old 11-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #20
shoman04

Drives: 2011 Ford Taurus SHO
HA DJ. Your ZL1 show there stuff at the SSHS13 this pass Saturday there were two of them there and ran some low 12's. only bad thing about that was it was bracket racing! They were having problem with a content 60" and either just cathing a slow car or running to hard and busting-out there dial-in.

shoman04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #21
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikoriko View Post
it's like the three stooges, with expensive cars
How cool would that have been. In real life this show would of been right up Curley's alley. He loved to overindulge in whiskey, women, cigars, fine food and fast cars. Oh almost forgot, Bitbulls. He'd loved being on this show! But a show like this needs a really good driver like Tanner. Original casting had Adam Corolla, but he turned it down, and then came out with his own car show, but it pretty much bombed.

Old 11-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #22
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZO6 Bryan View Post
Wow! Put someone in the car that knows how to drive. I'm guessing this was the "American" Top Gear. Those guys are idiots.
No I would not say those guys are Idiots,its entertainment...one is a actor,the other is semi sports/nascar commentator ,and as far as

Tanner Foust he is a three-time X Games gold medalist (2007, 2010), and two-time Formula Drift champion (2007, 2008). He has twice represented Team USA in the annual Race of Champions, teaming with NASCAR star Carl Edwards in 2008 and Travis Pastrana in 2009. He returned to the event in 2010 as teammate to Mick Doohan on the All-Stars Team. His varied race experience includes years of open wheel competition, rally racing, the Pikes Peak Hill Climb, the SCORE Baja and additional types of sports car racing. His stunt driving includes work as a lead driver in films such as The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, The Bourne Ultimatum, The Dukes of Hazzard, Red Dawn and Iron Man 2, and in numerous popular TV shows and commercials.
Also In 2010, Tanner became the first American ever to compete overseas in the FIA European Rally cross series. He was an immediate threat in a campaign that took him to Portugal, the United Kingdom, Sweden, Germany, and Czech Republic.He has since won championships in rally racing..
I am not sure if you really know what it takes to race and be a top racer in rally racing,plus its got more fans world wide than nascar,and others combined...
the show is not meant to be a serious car show !!! its about just having fun,and watching them laugh at each other and do silly things just like the 3 other shows with the same name world wide...thanks yes i am a fan of tanner's if your going to ask..

TANNER was not the one driving the ZL1 to a 12.92.There are so many different domented times for the ZL- from 12.0 to 12.1 to 12.2 bone stock,so yes 12.92 sucks but that guy just smoked the tires for the show,and cant drive

Last edited by gen=5; 11-06-2013 at 12:18 PM.
gen=5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #23
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Everytime I've watched it Clarkson and May attack Richard Hammond because he thinks he's an American. He loves everything about America especially the American Muscle cars. But my money's on that's its all part of the script to get viewer reactions. I will say though, one of my favorite episodes is when Clarkson tested out the ZR1. Wow did he drive that beast!

And taking that to the American version most of it is also scripted for entertainment.
It's an enjoyable 1 hour diversion from a lot of the network crap shows on today....it does make me laugh....
Old 11-06-2013, 03:16 PM   #24
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I just saw the rerun of the ZL1 running the 12.92. That was pretty sad. Must have been the driver.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #25
Normagene

Quote:
And taking that to the American version most of it is also scripted for entertainment.
It's an enjoyable 1 hour diversion from a lot of the network crap shows on today....it does make me laugh....
How true, what works there doesn't mean it will work here. When it first started they followed the BBC format to the letter, audience in the hanger, star in a cheap car with a leaderboard and the American Stig to do a lap in whatever car they were featuring. But I guess that didn't appeal much and folks here just wanted to see them going out doing comedy stuff. Just wish they would still review the new Supercars and put them to the test. I love the way Clarkson and Hammond take them around the track sideways flying around the turns only feet apart! Tanner can do it and he usually can put them to the test. He did a great job testing the new Stingray.

I think for me the problem is every skit they do I've already seen done on a BBC episode. I've been watching for years and years so to see them do the same skit here its sort like watching a repeat or a remake of a movie. Sometimes the original is just better. But I just look at that big goofy Clarkson and I start to laugh. He's like a big kid and refuses to grow up!

Old 11-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #26
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Quote:
I think two of those BBC guys are assholes. They hate everything American. They look for reasons to hate American cars.
Totally agree. Those jerks will test an American car that outperforms European cars costing over twice as much and they'll rate the Euro-car the winner because the materials in its interior are of much higher quality.

Sorry, but the interior layout is much more important to me than the materials used. And a lot of those European cars have boring interiors.
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #27
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I like the BBC top gear. they actually review cool cars almost every episode instead of once a season. yeah they don't like american cars but if you lost the war you might be bitter 230 years latter too.

It makes me lauch because they pick on things like the abs bumpers but the US have 5mph impact standards. let me know when you find carbon fiber, aluminium, or fiberglass that will do that ha ha.

If I got to drive the cars they do I would probably have the smarmi smug perspective too. I just can't aforad MP4-12c's, 458's, gt2 rs's so I will live with my crappy interiors ha ha.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 05:16 PM   #28
Normagene

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecammi View Post
Totally agree. Those jerks will test an American car that outperforms European cars costing over twice as much and they'll rate the Euro-car the winner because the materials in its interior are of much higher quality.

Sorry, but the interior layout is much more important to me than the materials used. And a lot of those European cars have boring interiors.
And don't forget they don't even have the steering wheel on the right side, wait a minute......it is on the right side, well you know what I mean......