Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #57
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
here is a pic of the area behind my front tire on the quarter panel. its hard to see in the pic but its all chipped up on both sides of the car same spot and on the gills as well. I thought it looked like I drove through paint but the body shop said it was chips and that they never saw anything like it especially on a car this new
Attached Images

joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:00 PM   #58
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
^ all that mess can be easily prevented if people would spend the $$$ on having clear shield paint protection. I've had it done on the past three cars and both my front end and gill areas looked perfect.
bumblebeecamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:17 PM   #59
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Fixed that for you! Configure your camera phone to rotate for portrait and landscape.

Last edited by ZL1-V; 07-29-2014 at 07:09 PM.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 06:37 AM   #60
BadAssZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black on black
Sales Manager kept avoiding our phone calls after caddy dealer told him my car needed the work done. So Tues, receptionist gave us the number to the OWNER's assistant, SHE put a foot up someone's ass!!!! She told us THEY would be calling us within 15 minutes and we would be receiving a check to have car fixed here in town. Sure enough they called (with his tail between his legs) and 30m after that the asst. called back to make sure!!! Baby goes in the shop on Monday!!!
Old 10-31-2013, 11:10 AM   #61
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssZL1 View Post
The dealership finally told us a tent pole hit the left side middle of roof and door.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssZL1 View Post
We should be receiving a check to have the car fixed. Baby goes in the shop on Monday!
I'm glad things are working out okay for you. And it turned out your paint problems were incurred after the ZL1 left the factory.

There can be paint flaws from the factory, of course. But they should be the exception and not the rule. When my '13 IOM ZL1 arrived at the dealer I started the engine and let it run while I carefully looked over the exterior panel by panel. I found no flaws at all in the paint or ECF hood insert and very even gaps between all panels. I did note that the hood was a little low compared to the driver's side fender (passenger side was fine), but I preferred to adjust that myself than have someone in their body shop mess with it. And when I was finally done visually inspectiong the paint I looked underneath the car for leaks and found none (some have reported issues with improperly threaded fittings to the fluid coolers on the ZL1). These things were important for me because my car is a garage queen (carried home from the dealer) still with 8 miles on the odometer, and the logistics of returning to the dealer for repairs would be cumbersome and costly. The factory is capable of a decent paint job.
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:19 AM   #62
LikaRokBowTie

Drives: 221SS1LE
Did this dealers name start with a B and end with E?
LikaRokBowTie is offline   Reply With Quote