#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 11-28-2018, 04:24 PM   #43
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Wouldnt you think by now that people would have learned something from the past. 2008 wasn't that long ago. Gas came down a little and everyone is back to buying trucks and SUVs. GM shifting focus back to these vehicles. This is primed to all come to a crashing hault again. Glad I didnt get sucked in this time around. Only difference this time for GM is that they are making huge profits on these very expensive vehilces. Hofully they are keeping some back for the lean times will be returning real soon.
It cracks me up at their excuses for these layoffs. If you believe any of it, I have some nice ocean front property in central PA to sell you. The economy isnt doing nearly as well as it may look right now. A lot of sectors are starting to go soft. In a couple of years GM won't be able to give away their 60 to 70 grand land yachts. My dealer friend dropped all of his new cars sales and shifted to all used cars and repair except for his Kia dealership. He had GM, Ford and Chrysler/fiat. All just used car centers now. He said it's much more profitable then new cars except for Kia. The big three are pricing themselves right back to asking the government for money again.
You mean the Big 2? Fiat is not an American company but their Challenger, as old a style as it is leads the pack now. Why is that? Creative product design. GM is always playing catch up these days. Another nail in GM's coffin is their unwillingness to fix the mistakes they make along the way. Like thousands of cracking dashes in 2 and 3 year old vehicles. That was a talking point against Imports in the early 1980's. Get your ducks in a row GM. You are killing your future. Build different levels of cars that people WANT to buy, not what YOU think they should buy.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 05:39 PM   #44
pkssauce

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
You mean the Big 2? Fiat is not an American company but their Challenger, as old a style as it is leads the pack now. Why is that? Creative product design. GM is always playing catch up these days. Another nail in GM's coffin is their unwillingness to fix the mistakes they make along the way. Like thousands of cracking dashes in 2 and 3 year old vehicles. That was a talking point against Imports in the early 1980's. Get your ducks in a row GM. You are killing your future. Build different levels of cars that people WANT to buy, not what YOU think they should buy.
I believe they are referring to the big 3 as GM, Ford and Chrysler/Fiat. Chrysler and Fiat merged in 2014 but are still considered part of the "Big 3" American car companies.

TCFCB4
1000: 12/08/2015
2000: 12/08/2015
3000: 12/10/2015
3000: 12/12/2105 - TPW 1/11/2016
3100: 12/18/2015 - TPW 1/18/2016
3300: 12/23/2015 - TPW 1/11/2016
3400: 12/24/2015
3800: 01/19/2016
4300: 01/20/2016, 4200: 1/28/2016, 4300: 1/29/2016, 4B00: 1/30/2016, 4200: 2/7/2016 (train), 4800: 2/19/2016, 5000: 2/22/2016, 6000: 2/25/2016
pkssauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 05:59 PM   #45
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkssauce View Post
I believe they are referring to the big 3 as GM, Ford and Chrysler/Fiat. Chrysler and Fiat merged in 2014 but are still considered part of the "Big 3" American car companies.
Except as pointed out they aren't American.

FCA is an Italian company. And it wasn't a merger, Fiat purchased the assets of Chrysler out of bankruptcy when the government couldn't convince GM to do it.

Even the Charger/Challenger aren't American as they are produced in Canada which is why I'm the only one in America offended by the "Domestic, not Domesticate" tag line in the commercials everyone seems to love so much. They are Italian cars built in Canada. Far from Domestic.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:15 PM   #46
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 06:16 PM   #47
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post

FCA is an Italian company. And it wasn't a merger, Fiat purchased the assets of Chrysler out of bankruptcy when the government couldn't convince GM to do it.

Even the Charger/Challenger aren't American as they are produced in Canada which is why I'm the only one in America offended by the "Domestic, not Domesticate" tag line in the commercials everyone seems to love so much. They are Italian cars built in Canada. Far from Domestic.
Guess the Gen5 Camaro isn't American either. Sure American car company, but built in Canada. None of which has anything to do with GM's current excuses for it's current failures.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 06:52 PM   #48
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Guess the Gen5 Camaro isn't American either. Sure American car company, but built in Canada. None of which has anything to do with GM's current excuses for it's current failures.
IMO Gen5 was an American car but not American made just like the SS.

I’ve always said follow the money. For FCA the money goes to Italy.
Old 11-28-2018, 07:25 PM   #49
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:

Your comments prove how out of touch you are.

The Camaro has zero advertising and are starting to collect dust on lots. But you’re ok with GM’s ignorance in their lack of marketing for the car.

Yet you’re all offended by Dodge’s full embracement of that purely American love of freedom and rebellion that makes rock n roll and makes these kick ass cars..... while the Challenger and it’s 10 year old chassis outsells a much better Camaro.

But please tell us how much more you know about advertising than we do. Because I know none of us know anything.

If I didn’t know how much better the Camaro is than a Challenger because I’m first a car guy, I’d have a 392 Scat Pack 6 speed in my garage. Partly due to the killer advertisements.

Your assessment of this is, well, bovine excrement.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 08:32 PM   #50
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
IBTL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:20 PM   #51
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
Chevrolet could just as easily placed their 650tq/650hp and 10 spd in an Impala with rear wheel drive. But NOOooooo, they had no forward thinking skills other than to shutter factories and build in China. Pontiac would also have been a much wiser choice than flippin Buick. Stooopid decisions made by Bean counters, not car people.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:43 PM   #52
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Yeh..I agree with much of what you said. Seems like GM is just trying to start a new venture instead of addressing a fixable problem. I pretty much worked out the deal to buy my car all online. Once the deal and price was worked out with about 30 back and forth emails I then drove 40 min. to the dealer did a test drive and bought the car. I didn't waste my time haggling face to face with a dealer. I told the dealer exactly how much I was willing to pay taxes and tags out the door and he said he could do it so we did it. Also I like supporting America..I'm not in the market for a family sedan but if I was it would an American car purchase.

I buy American as much as I can. To not buy American just puts more nails in Americas coffin in the long run. America is weak if it has no powerful manufacturing base. Any country that becomes dependant on Foreign companies to keep us rolling just becomes fat, happy and stupid.
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:45 PM   #53
Deputy Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 396ssrat View Post
Chevrolet could just as easily placed their 650tq/650hp and 10 spd in an Impala with rear wheel drive. But NOOooooo, they had no forward thinking skills other than to shutter factories and build in China. Pontiac would also have been a much wiser choice than flippin Buick. Stooopid decisions made by Bean counters, not car people.

You are correct!
Old 11-28-2018, 09:53 PM   #54
Deputy Dog
Banned

Quote:
IMO Gen5 was an American car but not American made just like the SS.

I’ve always said follow the money. For FCA the money goes to Italy.

The nail is already in Chryslers coffin, 2 more Co. to go. I can understand why Trump is upset. He knows if GM is too stupid and not imaginative enough to produce and sell product it weakens the whole country. GM is really starting to look like punkass wusses run by wusses if you ask me. Most people dont' want some effing electric car. Its just an excuse because they have no one at the top who is a real leader who knows how to build and sell cars. Hey GM if you are listening I just bought my last GM car! You abandon me I will abandon YOU!!!!
Old 11-28-2018, 09:58 PM   #55
Deputy Dog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Great chassis but the interior execution was horrible. Especially in the Solstice.

And as usual, GM did not promote them. Particularly the Sky. People in a Saturn dealer buying a Saturn would ask what is that.

GM...has a real problem promoting their products....MMmmMMm...maybe they are really stupid.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:02 PM   #56
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Your comments prove how out of touch you are.

The Camaro has zero advertising and are starting to collect dust on lots. But you’re ok with GM’s ignorance in their lack of marketing for the car.

Yet you’re all offended by Dodge’s full embracement of that purely American love of freedom and rebellion that makes rock n roll and makes these kick ass cars..... while the Challenger and it’s 10 year old chassis outsells a much better Camaro.

But please tell us how much more you know about advertising than we do. Because I know none of us know anything.

If I didn’t know how much better the Camaro is than a Challenger because I’m first a car guy, I’d have a 392 Scat Pack 6 speed in my garage. Partly due to the killer advertisements.

Your assessment of this is, well, bovine excrement.
You don't know who Number 3 is, do you... he knows more about GM and the auto industry than you will ever know. Don't be so rude. He actually DOES know more about advertising inside GM than probably any of us do.

Advertising costs money, and you have to sell vehicles to pay for that. If the vehicles aren't selling, the money for advertising isn't there, and without advertising the sales suffer...it's one of those vicious cycles. GM hasn't done well with advertising for a LONG time. The advertising for the 5th gen was the Transformer movie and Bumblebee, which was really successful but it had nothing to do with GM's advertising. Has GM even run an ad for the 6th gen? I can't remember ever even seeing one. If I did, it obviously didn't make a big impression.

Last year I bought an AWD Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Lusso, not because I was an Alfa fan (I've never been or owned one) but because I saw a great ad on TV. I was watching and listening to the new Giulia in the ad and I thought: "Ooh! I have to go look at those!" I did, did a test drive, and now I own one.

GM needs to hire a top notch advertising agency. The "real people" ads are so lame, they should be used as an example of how NOT to advertise something.

Rudeness aside, you're right about the Dodge ads. They make you want to go check one out. GM needs to do something like that. Grab the ad guys and take them around for a few laps in a 650 hp Camaro, then say "Ok, now take what you just felt, and make it into an ad". They have to do something; the bar has been set so low with the "real people" ads, that ANYthing would be an improvement.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote