Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

View Poll Results: Camaro 5 Fest 4 Location
o 0 0%
o 0 0%
o 0 0%
o 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2012, 10:21 PM   #869
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman 12 View Post
I think THEY may have kidnapped my car!!!! It's been at the dealer since last Monday, whenever we call to find out if its ready to be picked up they reply by saying it will be done....... SOON. I'm beginning to think its no coincidence that that is the very same phrase the Evil Ones use when asked about a date for CVFIV......

I yam vahe girufed tou a doce tath lliw eb ffidiltuc rof eth emeny ot cediref...........

Any ideas on how to rescue my poor car? I'm afraid they may be planting high tech monitoring devices in it.....HELP!
Use Rebel Force Red Punch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Don't me scairt.... We have the force.

I'm still trying to figure out how to use it though.

This or this or this for starters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
I LIVE in Houston, we should have called a secret meeting!
They blocked my Rebel Force Secret Meeting transmission frequency
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #870
Neumatic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruznSS View Post
I just want a road course like firebird had. We ran 4 -20 minute sessions and had a blast!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
I know Heartland Park Topeka, KS has a road course to go along with a good drag strip FWIW.
Neumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:04 PM   #871
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I am stuck in Houston due to mechanical problems. Looks like I fly out at 8:47 am. Then we ca start the secret meetings to plot our strategy to get an early release date for Fest IV. The Empire is strong. We have to use technology, strategy and lots of zlivivitz to gather more high value intelligence.
Now I understand the invite and the zlivivitz at the Fest... It was a dastardly plan... And unsuccessful but I enjoyed the drink... And rocket mans code was easily foiled...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:09 PM   #872
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neumatic View Post
I know Heartland Park Topeka, KS has a road course to go along with a good drag strip FWIW.
I don't see full road course events in the future of C5FEST for a number of reasons. First and foremost, C5FEST is a social event with car stuff wrapped around the social aspects. The rule for road course driving is no different than flying. It is 12 hours bottle to throttle. That rule alone would eliminate about 98% of those that attend the C5FEST.

Second, road course events, even HPDE style, require serious preparation of car and driver. It is an intense experience that demands the full focus of the drivers. When the day ends, if you were serious about your track time the only thing you want to do is go to bed. For the drivers that participate a road course day is great. As part of a social event I don't see how it fits with what has made C5FEST unique among car events.

I'll stop here at #3. We set the AC course up so that virtually all the cars that attend are capable of participating. The course will always have a small straight that allows the driver to get serious speed, followed by cones that scrub off speed without burning up brakes. If your car is safe for daily driver use, it should be autocross ready. This allows 98% of the people that attend C5FEST able to participate. We setup the course adjacent to the vendor midway, car show and drags so that everyone at the FEST is able to interact. We use the AC to promote the interactions of the spectators with the drivers. Drivers are allowed to take passengers on runs. The C5FEST CamaroCross has evolved to support the event, protect the cars and by far and away the most important aspect is to allow the driver's to have fun in a more relaxed environment than is possible at a road course.

C5FEST III is the 1st Muscle Car event we know of that had more people run the CamaroCross than drag race. That leads us to believe the CamaroCross is what you want. If it isn't, I am sure they are more than willing to listen.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:13 PM   #873
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Now I understand the invite and the zlivivitz at the Fest... It was a dastardly plan... And unsuccessful but I enjoyed the drink... And rocket mans code was easily foiled...
The Slovivitz was just the base chemical we induced in to the Mods. We have others...

I think we need to get you, Tag, MLEE and GTA over to my house for dinner to have you all meet the Green Goddess. Plan on spending the night
Old 08-27-2012, 11:23 PM   #874
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
The Slovivitz was just the base chemical we induced in to the Mods. We have others...

I think we need to get you, Tag, MLEE and GTA over to my house for dinner to have you all meet the Green Goddess. Plan on spending the night
Mmmmmm let's do it....

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 277
Size:  15.9 KB
Old 08-27-2012, 11:24 PM   #875
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:

Plan it when I'm off and I'm there... Promise...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:30 PM   #876
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Mmmmmm let's do it....

Attachment 416940
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Plan it when I'm off and I'm there... Promise...
Very cool. SSE, when are you back from your next duty on a rig? MLEE most weekends would work for you if there is no H-Town event? I know TAG will take some planning since he is frequently on duty during the weekends. I'll work on getting it sorted.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #877
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Not being an insider to the planning for the past events, I would think it takes a serious amount of planning, cash, research, commitments and a multitude of other things (like paperwork) JUST TO SAY WHERE IT WILL BE NEXT. To just say for instance, .. OK, we like Charlotte or Topeka, it will be there......... has serious downsides and liability if it doesn't work out

just thinking..saying
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:40 AM   #878
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5journal View Post
Not being an insider to the planning for the past events, I would think it takes a serious amount of planning, cash, research, commitments and a multitude of other things (like paperwork) JUST TO SAY WHERE IT WILL BE NEXT. To just say for instance, .. OK, we like Charlotte or Topeka, it will be there......... has serious downsides and liability if it doesn't work out

just thinking..saying
You get my nomination for member of the year.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #879
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Or Ass Kisser of the year................

You know I'm kidding f5. lol
Old 08-28-2012, 11:12 AM   #880
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Or Ass Kisser of the year................

You know I'm kidding f5. lol
biggest pain in my ass of forever award goes to.....................
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:15 AM   #881
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
biggest pain in my ass of forever award goes to.....................
Why you talking about Bonnie like that?
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:17 AM   #882
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Name:  Smiley_wink.gif
Views: 228
Size:  1.2 KB

Tags
gta's camaroiv fest thread, gta's favorite thread