Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-22-2010, 07:55 PM   #43
Camaro8810

Drives: Black 2010 2LT RS
Man that sucks. Don't worry Karma is a bitch & that scumbag will get his someday.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:08 PM   #44
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
Unbelieveable! Some people are ignorant, disrespectful animals. I guess the only good news out of this is the minimal cosmetic damage. I only see a new fender, wheel, and front fascia. Nothing serious that would damage the integrity and structure of the car. It could have been ALOT worse.
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:24 PM   #45
firsttime Camaro owner

Drives: 2010 2SS White w/blk rally stripes
That's total B.S.!! Karma baby...what goes around, comes around. I'm a firm believer in that....
firsttime Camaro owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:28 PM   #46
SSinatra Andretti
2$$

Drives: 94 ss, 2008 gxp, soon to be2011 2ss
why would u leave your keys in the car.... how else would they steal it...
Old 07-22-2010, 10:34 PM   #47
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauryn200 View Post
After closely looking at the photo...do you think a delivery truck hit it?

Someone might have been making deliveries in that area...cause that doesn't look like your typical "car-swipping" hit.

Car swiped would have done more damage to that tire of yours,that looks unscathed,except for the scruff on the rims.
That's what I was thinking. A delivery truck or big SUV. The impact looks pretty high, the top of the rim is scuffed but the bottom half looks fine. Definitely check that the hood wasn't knocked out of alignment.
Someone's going to be looking to get some good damage and red paint fixed, but I'm sure that's hard to track.

Off topic, but are those Corvette flags??
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:41 PM   #48
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Soooooo Sorry. I know you are heartsick. Hope you get it upgraded & better than new. Let us see how it turns out. Like others said that person will get what is due them.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:54 PM   #49
efpardo
Deep6

Drives: 2016 Camaro #182300 | 2SS | HBM
Send a message via Skype™ to efpardo
Horrors - Unbelievable! Sorry for your loss.

My Journals:
Erick's Mistress - Violet 2016 2SS
#182300 | 2SS | HBM |
Erick’s Mistress - 2010 2LT
#8212 | 2LT | RS | CGM | Litho #165 |
efpardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:37 PM   #50
CAMARU

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/CGM/6M/Black stripes
I know it's low priority for the cops (to protect and to serve?) but they can request footage from security cameras and you should press them to do so. Harass them until they do what we pay them to do and solve this crime. And that is what it is, a crime. I feel bad for you bro. Every day when I park my car I wonder if it will have the first door ding or scratch. Stay on it and get this Fu*K.
CAMARU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:43 PM   #51
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMARU View Post
I know it's low priority for the cops (to protect and to serve?) but they can request footage from security cameras and you should press them to do so. Harass them until they do what we pay them to do and solve this crime. And that is what it is, a crime. I feel bad for you bro. Every day when I park my car I wonder if it will have the first door ding or scratch. Stay on it and get this Fu*K.
It's not low priority for cops... it comes down to what can and can't be solved. A murder even high profile can only consume so many man hours if there's no leads. A traffic accident is very low on the totem pole of crimes yes, and with the setting he's talking about they'd be lucky if there was even a camera that showed him parking in that lot (let alone getting hit). But that doesn't mean it wont be treated as such (a crime).

I wish people would knock off that sarcasm crap of "protect and serve"... they'll do what they can if they can. But with no witnesses and very little evidence... it'll become one of those open cases forever (or closed pending further evidence). That's everywhere and that's local Police, Sheriff's, and Federal Police. Nature of the beast unfortunately and no direct reflection of an officers (or departments) willingness to serve the public.

Lots of cop haters on this forum, and it's getting annoying.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!

Last edited by John Shields; 07-23-2010 at 12:19 AM.
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:56 AM   #52
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
What do you mean "swipe" your car? Do you mean sideswipe? or do you mean swipe as in steal? If you mean it as in steal, were the keys in it? I would like to know how they got it started if that is what you meant. I know how you feel about the damage though, when I had my brand new 1998 Z-28, someone did almost the exact same damage to it and promptly screwed. I had $1,000.00 deductable on my comprehensive so the first grand came directly out of my wallet. The good news, if any, was that when they replaced the fascia and headlights and foglights, you dould not tell that it had ever been damaged. Your's will be the same and with time you will stop thinking about it. Oh, by the way, the cops only come and talk to you to verify that you are not scamming the insurance company, they could care less about your car. When my 1970 Mercury Montego was stolen, I called the cops and reported it stolen and the cop said thank you and hung the phone up. I called him back and asked if they were comming over to investigate and he laughed and said, "Why would we do that? your car is gone, isn't it?" When the cop came over to verify the damage on my Z-28, he told me that it was probably one of my neighbors that did it and not to try to get even if I found out who did it.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 08:17 AM   #53
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
Oh. Wow! I hope you get it fixed soon.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:22 AM   #54
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
Yes way sorry that happened to your car and hope you can get it fixed up as good as new. Good Luck..
Old 07-23-2010, 12:25 PM   #55
tangorover

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT Summit White
What a scumbag!!! almost makes me cry.
tangorover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:37 PM   #56
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Man that really sucks. Sorry to see. I don't think I ever seen a front end ripped off in one piece like that.
I have.... it's not pretty...I for sure wasn't gonna take pics of that one though. I thought I was gonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvaderMoose View Post
Sorry about that. I have no idea how they managed to actually tear it off, its held on by like 9 screws. they must have hit it HARD
You'd be amazed....

This pic brings back nightmares of my front bumper incident....I think I'm gonna go pass out.....

You'll be ok (nad the car too) - it'll take time to fix but, it'll feel good once you get her back