Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-02-2016, 08:15 PM   #1
jp23rockstar

Drives: None
Went to local auto car show

They had on display 3 Camaros; 1 V6 and 2 V8s. I brought my friend along who sat in the new Camaro and he liked everything but the visibility. Immediately after we sat in a 2016 Mustang GT and he said he liked the visibility much better. I can't blame him I obviously can see why. I'm both a fan of the new Mustang and Camaro. I would certainly consider the mustang if the lease rates weren't so terrible. The Camaro rates aren't much better but since they hold their value slightly better it helps the lease rates a bit. I just don't know why Chevy can raise the price so much not expect sales to drop like they have. Biggest reason for decrease in sales in the price increase and similar design while the mustang has an all new design. To the normal consumer who wants a sporty car that isn't going to break the bank at the same time have good performance the mustang is your choice. If you want to look at strictly numbers than the Camaro holds the advantage. There has to be good lease incentives if Chevy wants to do better with selling the Camaro or better yet a price decrease of a grand on all trim levels.
jp23rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:35 PM   #2
Jeremeymt

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels 2LT
Mustang is an all new design? I don't see that. I think both cars are still similar with their previous generation. They are both serious upgrades from the previous generation too. I am one of those that like both BUT to me the Camaro looks better and performs better. I test drove both and considered both and to me the Camaro was the better choice.
Jeremeymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:38 PM   #3
jp23rockstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremeymt View Post
Mustang is an all new design? I don't see that. I think both cars are still similar with their previous generation. They are both serious upgrades from the previous generation too. I am one of those that like both BUT to me the Camaro looks better and performs better. I test drove both and considered both and to me the Camaro was the better choice.
How was handling between the two? Did the Camaro hold the road better and did the Mustang feel "floaty"? The front end and side profile of the Mustang is certainly all new and the tail lights certainly have a cool 3d look to them. Camaro on the other hand hasn't really changed on the exterior.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:45 PM   #4
brutusvk

Drives: future 2016 SS
The exterior hasn't changed?

It changed in EVERY dimension, plus lines and shape. It has a totally new drive train AND chassis.
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:48 PM   #5
Jeremeymt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp23rockstar View Post
How was handling between the two? Did the Camaro hold the road better and did the Mustang feel "floaty"? The front end and side profile of the Mustang is certainly all new and the tail lights certainly have a cool 3d look to them. Camaro on the other hand hasn't really changed on the exterior.
The only parts carried over from the 5th generation Camaro to the 6th is the Chevrolet emblems and the SS/RS emblems. EVERY other part is all new. Front and back of the Camaro are completely different. It may "look" similar but it's not the same.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:52 PM   #6
jp23rockstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremeymt View Post
The only parts carried over from the 5th generation Camaro to the 6th is the Chevrolet emblems and the SS/RS emblems. EVERY other part is all new. Front and back of the Camaro are completely different. It may "look" similar but it's not the same.
They changed in the technical sense but actually looking at it the design is very similar to the 5th gen. Similar to what Potsche does with the most recent 911's. I'm not saying that's not necessarily a bad thing just pointing it out.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:54 PM   #7
jp23rockstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusvk View Post
The exterior hasn't changed?

It changed in EVERY dimension, plus lines and shape. It has a totally new drive train AND chassis.
I should of clarified it looks very similar on the outside compared to a 2015 Camaro. I know you and I everyone on this forum can tell the difference. I'm just saying the average consumer there isn't much design change on the outside and that might be affecting sales. Meaning they weren't able to bring in new buyers just repeat buyers, again there could be other reasons as you mentioned such as new chassis, drivetrain why people will buy this Camaro instead of the Mustang.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:56 PM   #8
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
I should of clarified it looks very similar on the outside compared to a 2015 Camaro. I know you and I everyone on this forum can tell the difference. I'm just saying the average consumer there isn't much design change on the outside and that might be affecting sales. Meaning they weren't able to bring in new buyers just repeat buyers, again there could be other reasons as you mentioned such as new chassis, drivetrain why people will buy this Camaro instead of the Mustang.
I agree, non-car people can walk right past your car and not even know it's a new generation.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 08:57 PM   #9
Jeremeymt

Quote:
They changed in the technical sense but actually looking at it the design is very similar to the 5th gen. Similar to what Potsche does with the most recent 911's. I'm not saying that's not necessarily a bad thing just pointing it out.
Neither the mustang nor the Camaro went through major exterior changes as far as the main shape. Why would they? They still need to look like what they are! They basically just tweaked both of them as far as the looks go. You can instantly tell a mustang is a mustang and a Camaro is a Camaro. There is no doubt about it when you seem them. This is my 3rd Camaro. What has changed that most of us are noticing is the drive! Plus the interior. There is no denying there are exterior changes but the overall "shape" of both the Camaro and mustang are not way different than the previous generation.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:59 PM   #10
Jeremeymt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
I agree, non-car people can walk right past your car and not even know it's a new generation.
This is true! I have people who don't see the difference between my 2014 and this one. Of course I see it because I know more about these cars than most people. That is ok though. It still needs to look like a Camaro! It is just better!
Old 02-02-2016, 08:59 PM   #11
jp23rockstar

Quote:
Yeah that was my point. Honestly I haven't seen any TV marketing by GM unlike Ford who has the Mustang on TV commercials.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:00 PM   #12
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Non-car people walk right past my ZL1

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:00 PM   #13
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Yeah it's totally OK with me, I liked the old one too. This one is more crisp.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:01 PM   #14
Jeremeymt

Quote:
Yeah that was my point. Honestly I haven't seen any TV marketing by GM unlike Ford who has the Mustang on TV commercials.
Absolutely true. GM does not advertise the Camaro like Ford does the mustang. It's sad really.