Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-01-2016, 10:26 PM   #1
CamaroBody

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS
Quick Review of Likes and Dislikes

Overall there are some fantastic improvements in the direction of quality and performance.

1st: Hyper, White, Garnet, and Black all look fantastic. With that said, I could not stop looking at the Hyper Blue. But after absorbing the colors, I concluded Hyper blue might be a little too much after while.

2nd. The door handle has a very large and noticeable gap between the two parts.

3rd: Inside the car felt very much like the 5th gen. Visibility is pretty much the same.

4th: Without a sunroof the interior felt claustrophobic. Especially when you combine that with the poor visibility, this car was crying for a sunroof. Its also a lot more appealing in my opinion when compared to the reverse mohawk. I would HIGHLY suggest a sunroof.

5th: The ambient light was AMAZING! Probably my favorite feature beside the engine and Bose audio.

6th: This is one of my biggest disappointments. The steering wheel did not impress me at all. Similar feel to a Honda Accords. You would think Chevy would upgrade the steering wheel with the SS models. Clearly they were more concentrated of the buttons. This can be an easy but expensive fix if they step up their game on the 6th gen 1le and zl1 steering wheel.

7th: Center armrest was cheap. Period.

8th: There is zero leg room in the back seat. ZERO. You could not even fit your smallest child back there. Its nothing but a waste of leather. DO NOT put anyone back there or the back of your seats will be ruined.

9th. There is no handle inside the trunk door to help you close the door. Either grip the license plate or put your hand on the paint to close the door. Although I must say the trunk felt nice and sturdy.

10th. The rear diffuser and exhaust look AMAZING.
CamaroBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 11:11 PM   #2
ParkerAS

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS
To each his own I guess. I found the steering wheel, and armrest big improvements over the 5th gen. I also don't see a need for a sunroof. I don't quite get your point on the trunk having a handle? The deck lid opens up to eye level or so, so you just put your hand on top... A handle would be awkward to use on it.

Leg room you are correct. But then again, no one buys a Camaro for a back seat.
Delivered: 4/4/16
ParkerAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 11:13 PM   #3
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
4th: Without a sunroof the interior felt claustrophobic. Especially when you combine that with the poor visibility, this car was crying for a sunroof. Its also a lot more appealing in my opinion when compared to the reverse mohawk. I would HIGHLY suggest a sunroof.
On the other side of the fence for this opinion. Reverse Mohawk or go home #Chant

Little shocked about the opinion on the steering wheel, it is so much better than the godawful Gen 5 wheel.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 11:28 PM   #4
ParkerAS

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post
On the other side of the fence for this opinion. Reverse Mohawk or go home #Chant

Little shocked about the opinion on the steering wheel, it is so much better than the godawful Gen 5 wheel.
+1 I hate the look without the reverse Mohawk. And I don't know about the 14/15 steering wheel, but holy hell its better than my 2010.
Delivered: 4/4/16
ParkerAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 01:49 AM   #5
dreamst8
WrkrBee

Drives: 16 Hyper & 11 Victory
I'm gonna chime in here and mention a few quirks..

1) Trunk..Holy shit, where did all the Gen 5 space go! (I have posted a comparison thread showing the carpet inlay inside a 5th Gen..Wow..lost ALOT of space and the mouth is narrower)
2) Turn signal Click..dang that's loud!
3) Paddle shifts have a plastic pop sound when used..
4) Traction Control & Mode button..its right where my hand sits while using stick shift on A8, sometimes I hit the Mode button and screw up shifting on the fly
5) Need to actually select a mirror to adjust, not just use the previous used mode setting
6) Cruise Control does not have a disengage on the steering wheel, other than turn off/on or use brake tap to disengage..Gen 5 could do this..
7) Glove box size is reduced to carry the owners manual..can barely carry a travel Kleenex packet in there..!!
8) Unfinished type rear diffuser unless you have the NPP upgrade..that's just cheesy...
9) With AFM, why does the car idle @ stoplights or park in V6 mode????
10) Cannot use an iPhone plugged in to system and use Bluetooth on Android phone, it seems to be designed to use the same phone plugged in as cellular also..Which sucks, as I use Android, but just load up an unused iPhone 5 to plug in, play my music or use the nav/maps..Will see how this goes with AndroidAuto in a few months
11) I can't believe I can have issue with this many items!
12) Seat does not recline hardly at all...sometimes I need a nap!!!
13) The HUD does not do as much as advertised..no turn sigs, no shift indicators, no dial for RPM's
14) No FUSE box in the Cabin or at least a post for remote power for Radar, In-Car Cameras, other stuff etc.. 1 12v plug is it!

These are not major to me, just nuances to a new car and/or losing previous features or conveniences..some make sense, others don't. I expect/hope some software updates are added to fix some issues..

Seats
Push to Start/keyless Ignition
Oil Filter Spin on, not a paper element drop in
Standard size, rotatable tires!
Hyper Blue paint !
Full Color display
Armrest
Knee pads/pressure point attention
A8 Transmission
Keyless trunk access
Someone said there was a back seat, still looking for it
Key fob is nice, although its not always in my pocket!

Just go get one! Fun as hell car!

2011 2 LT/RS Victory Red V6 M6

Last edited by dreamst8; 02-02-2016 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Add item
dreamst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 05:26 AM   #6
laynlo15

Drives: 2022 Lt1 A10
Love the car, wish I would have gotten the sunroof. Still not bad to me. Don't need the back seat, but no one could set back there as I drive with me seat back when I drive. The trunk is ridiculous by any standards. I had to buy a light weight golf bag that is smaller in diameter and length as I couldn't get my old golf bag in the trunk without tearing the rubber seals off the trunk. At least the 15 ss I could get my bag in there and lay the driver in the trunk out of the bag. I can't do that in this trunk, I have to put it in the back seat. Power is awesome and the tranny is just stellar. A few little paint issues the dealer has to straighten out. I can see out of the car just fine, but I'm going to have 35% tint put all around so it doesn't affect my vision anymore then it is, especially at night. The console pad is hard for sure. Still think its a great car, GM did most of their homework. But if you did own a gen5 and wanted the car to be lighter and more nimble then you can't build a car the same size and make it 250 lbs less. My cruise does have a button to disengage, its right between the set and reset. I'll give it a B+
2022 Lt1 6.2 A10, Maggie 2300, THPSI Port Inj/10 rib, Rotofab, E, Nickey, SCOL, Griptech, RC Bandits, Hoosiers/MT 9.80@142.96 1.44 60ft, 6.34@112 707/669 RWHP/TRQ. 16SS Maggie 2650 9.41@147 1.35 60ft, 5.99@119. 16 C7 A8 10.90@128 Bolt on stuff
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 06:59 AM   #7
MikeyCamaro

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
The complaints read a bit like complaining that there's no cupholder on a roller coaster. Complaints like legroom, trunk space, console storage space, and so on are inevitable when you cut every corner possible in order to make a car smaller and lighter. Chevy knows that more "points" will be given for performance and size complaints will be overlooked, particularly by car magazines. Make a car practical: too fat. Make it quick and nimble, can't carry my golf clubs or kids anymore. Until someone figures out how to make a car out of balsa wood and reinforced cardboard, that dilemma will continue.

Truth is, they probably did it right. There's already the two ton tank if you actually need the practicality. For those who don't really need the back seat, trunk space, storage space, get the Camaro and cut up the twisties. Simply put, the Camaro already had an unusable back seat so why not go all out and make it even smaller? You'll still get the same complaints but the car will perform better.

Mike
MikeyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:22 AM   #8
cartem2

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamst8 View Post
6) Cruise Control does not have a disengage on the steering wheel, other than turn off/on or use brake tap to disengage..Gen 5 could do this..
Not sure about the SSs, but my 2LT has a cancel button, its right in between the set and reset buttons. My issue with the new cruse control is it does not cancel when pushing in the clutch, I have to use the cancel button or tap the breaks. Liked it better when I could use the clutch to cancel it.
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2016, 09:53 AM   #9
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBody View Post
Overall there are some fantastic improvements in the direction of quality and performance.

3rd: Inside the car felt very much like the 5th gen. Visibility is pretty much the same.

6th: This is one of my biggest disappointments. The steering wheel did not impress me at all. Similar feel to a Honda Accords. You would think Chevy would upgrade the steering wheel with the SS models. Clearly they were more concentrated of the buttons. This can be an easy but expensive fix if they step up their game on the 6th gen 1le and zl1 steering wheel.
3: By felt you mean only visibility. You can't honestly say the "interior" feels like a 5th gen.

6: Care to be more specific? It's small diameter, flat bottom wheel with logical button placement. Exactly what does that have to do with a Honda Accord wheel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamst8 View Post
I'm gonna chime in here and mention a few quirks..

5) Need to actually select a mirror to adjust, not just use the previous used mode setting

9) With AFM, why does the car idle @ stoplights or park in V6 mode????

10) Cannot use an iPhone plugged in to system and use Bluetooth on Android phone, it seems to be designed to use the same phone plugged in as cellular also..Which sucks, as I use Android, but just load up an unused iPhone 5 to plug in, play my music or use the nav/maps..Will see how this goes with AndroidAuto in a few months
5: Not sure what you are saying there exactly. Care to give a bit more detail?

6: Have you tried just pressing the On/Off button once to see if it just cancels Cruise? I'm curious to see if it shuts it off(loses speed memory) or cancels on the first touch. My BMW does not have a cancel button, but pressing once acts like cancel. A 2nd press kills the system.

9: There is no V6 mode. On my test drive it never idled in V4 mode at stoplights or in park.

10: This one is really odd. Do you have your iPhone in airplane mode? Sounds like myLink is trying to route cellular traffic to it. If it is not in airplane mode, I believe the phone is still trying to ping towers, but obviously will not connect.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 09:58 AM   #10
Jeremeymt

Drives: 2018 Hot Wheels 2LT
I had one complaint and it was that the reverse lights were not LED like the rest of the tail light and you would have thought I had spit on the car or something the way the people on here reacted! So I can only imagine the responses you are going to get haha! Either way everyone has a right to voice what they do or don't like about a car. To me space was not an issue in buying this car. It is just me and sometimes 1 other person in my car so I could care less about the back seat/ glove box/ trunk etc. This is my 3rd camaro (2010, 2014, 2016) and visibility has never been a huge issue for me but that might be because I am use to it? I understand it bothers a lot of people though. Either way the car is awesome!!

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=435836
Jeremeymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:00 AM   #11
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBody View Post

Odd, one of the first things I noticed was the smaller, thicker, flat bottomed, damn nice steering wheel that looks nothing like any I've seen in an Accord...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:07 AM   #12
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartem2 View Post
Not sure about the SSs, but my 2LT has a cancel button, its right in between the set and reset buttons. My issue with the new cruse control is it does not cancel when pushing in the clutch, I have to use the cancel button or tap the breaks. Liked it better when I could use the clutch to cancel it.
Above mine on my 2SS, there is the heated steering wheel button and on/off light for the heated steering wheel, on/off button for cruise is in between set and reset.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:09 AM   #13
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremeymt View Post
I had one complaint and it was that the reverse lights were not LED like the rest of the tail light and you would have thought I had spit on the car or something the way the people on here reacted! So I can only imagine the responses you are going to get haha! Either way everyone has a right to voice what they do or don't like about a car. To me space was not an issue in buying this car. It is just me and sometimes 1 other person in my car so I could care less about the back seat/ glove box/ trunk etc. This is my 3rd camaro (2010, 2014, 2016) and visibility has never been a huge issue for me but that might be because I am use to it? I understand it bothers a lot of people though. Either way the car is awesome!!

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=435836
Easy fix...cost me $35 to change to LED for reverse lights...Agreed though, it should have come with them, but they have to cut corners somewhere.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 10:13 AM   #14
Chad0311
Likes V8 powered vehicles

Drives: '16 Chevy Colorado Z71 Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer70 View Post

This.

The refreshed gen 5 camaro and chevy cruze had the same steering wheel. Think about that for a minute..

Nothing to complain about in the steering wheel department this time around. The only thing I think that would be better is if they offered a suede wrapped one. But I'm sure that's on the way anyways..
Chad0311 is offline   Reply With Quote