Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-06-2016, 01:56 PM   #15
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
I decided to grab it. Even if you don't buy a vehicle with the points you can always SELL the points for real CASH to another person who is going to buy a car.
I will sign up just for this alone!
Very Nice...............

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:13 PM   #16
Capricio

Drives: 2000 WS6
http://creditcardforum.com/blog/buyp...t-2015-update/

This answers all your questions.
Capricio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:30 PM   #17
Karma81

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
I decided to grab it. Even if you don't buy a vehicle with the points you can always SELL the points for real CASH to another person who is going to buy a car.
You can sell your points?!?
Karma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:57 PM   #18
2014v6

Drives: 2014 black 2 LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot93 View Post
The newer cards don't let you stack it with Employee Pricing
There is a special card for employees...
TPW 7-22-13(6-14-13)
3300 status 6-28-13
3400 status 7-18-13
3800 status 7-20-13
4200 status On its way home
6000 status 7-31-13 first camaro ever...
Sold 7-5-14.. thank you oshawa assembly
2014v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:08 PM   #19
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
The regular card accrues at 5% while the special card for employees and their families accrues at 1%.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:34 PM   #20
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack46 View Post
I will sign up just for this alone!
Very Nice...............

Same here, I still do plan on grabbing a 2016 Silvaraydo at the end of this year IF everything goes well. So I will use what little points I may have accumulated this year (or just buy it from another person/friend of mine). So even if you aren't using the points, might as well just sell em and get real cash haha. It goes for ALL MODELS AND GM MAKES, just has to be BRAND NEW VEHICLE purchase. Can't use points on USED vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma81 View Post
You can sell your points?!?
Yes, you can. Just like this guy below. There are bunch of guys I know over at corvette forum that do this quite often. I was going to buy 1500 points (for 950 bucks) from a guy (whom my friend had when he got his c7z51 in '13) but couldn't as special circumstances.

The way it works is that once you get your invoice, you paypal (or if the guy is local, check/cash/etc) the guy the cash then he calls up the dealership with your invoice # and gives his card info and all which the dealership uses those card points. It's a win win for both the card holder and buyer.

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=425573
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:52 PM   #21
Karma81

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC75 View Post
I have a Capital one World MC.

It was actually very unexpected. I went to the dealership, had the order almost finalized and just wanted to review to make sure i didn't miss anything (luckily i did, because they accidentally removed the NPP). When i got home that night, i saw a mailer from GM that informed me that i had $2000 in bonus money that increased my total earnings to $4200. The only catch is that I need to take delivery by 2/29. In reality i just need a VIN for them to get the paperwork done so the car doesn't actually need to be on site. If the VIN isn't available within a reasonable amount of time, I can cancel the order and scour the dealers in my area with a config that I am happy with so I can take advantage of the bonus.
I went online and checked, I can only use a max of $1500 towards a 2016 Camaro. How were you able to use $4200 towards yours?
Karma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:02 PM   #22
leadfoot93
Camaro Fan

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS Garnet Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014v6 View Post
There is a special card for employees...
ahh I have employee pricing from the legacy program. I didn't have a employee gm card
3800 Status: 10/13/15 VIN #116519
4200 Status: 12/19/15
Delivered : 12/28/15
leadfoot93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 06:00 PM   #23
DMC75

Drives: 2016 Black M6 2SS NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma81 View Post
I went online and checked, I can only use a max of $1500 towards a 2016 Camaro. How were you able to use $4200 towards yours?
Actually, you are partially correct... I can only use $1500 of my earnings, but i can use the full $2000 of the bonus earnings. So i can use 3500 total instead of the 4200 that i thought.

So the $700 gets put towards the 2020 Corvette
Attached Images

DMC75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 06:54 PM   #24
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Guess I'm the weird one of the group. Don't get the credit card. Credit cards aren't worth it. Statistics show that you will over spend when using a credit card vs. cash. Save your money and don't risk getting into credit card debt. Also, for those of you who say "I pay it off every month", 89% of people don't pay their cards off every month. If you actually do pay it off every month, you are in the vast minority.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 07:22 PM   #25
DMC75

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Guess I'm the weird one of the group. Don't get the credit card. Credit cards aren't worth it. Statistics show that you will over spend when using a credit card vs. cash. Save your money and don't risk getting into credit card debt. Also, for those of you who say "I pay it off every month", 89% of people don't pay their cards off every month. If you actually do pay it off every month, you are in the vast minority.
I guess i am in the 11%...

Obviously you need to have discipline, but if you do, its a free 30 day loan. Why would i not take advantage of that? Add to that the fact that there are certain things you need to use a credit card for, so why not get free stuff? I travel somewhat frequently for work, and I get double miles on my United Airlines card when booking airline tickets and hotels. Because of that, I have never had to pay for my wife's airline ticket for a vacation. (I pay for my ticket to accrue more miles, and use the free miles for her ticket). Add to that the fact that it allows each of us a free checked bag. All other purchases I send to my GM card. Hell, i'd pay my mortgage on my cards if they would let me.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:39 PM   #26
richm

Drives: 2016 Camaro Turbo4 RS Convertible
Can people who can get Employee pricing from GM still use their GM card rebates (the original old GM card) earnings to apply to their vehicle, thereby getting what equates to a double discount? I thought I heard a few years back that this practice had been discontinued by GM.
richm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 08:25 PM   #27
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC75 View Post
I guess i am in the 11%...

Obviously you need to have discipline, but if you do, its a free 30 day loan. Why would i not take advantage of that? Add to that the fact that there are certain things you need to use a credit card for, so why not get free stuff? I travel somewhat frequently for work, and I get double miles on my United Airlines card when booking airline tickets and hotels. Because of that, I have never had to pay for my wife's airline ticket for a vacation. (I pay for my ticket to accrue more miles, and use the free miles for her ticket). Add to that the fact that it allows each of us a free checked bag. All other purchases I send to my GM card. Hell, i'd pay my mortgage on my cards if they would let me.
Good for you if you're in that 11%. However, you don't NEED a credit card for anything. Anything your credit card will do a debit card will do and with the same protection when you run your debit card as credit. If you travel as much as you say you do (which I'm not doubting because I travel a lot too), your loyalty rewards programs should account for a lot of the "extras" you're getting with your card. I used to fly a lot, almost exclusively on United and once you hit their lowest priority level of silver you get free checked bags, free upgrades on seats, and other benefits that their credit card gives too. No I didn't gain as fast of points, but I don't have to ever worry about a balance carrying over. Besides, nobody ever got rich off of credit card points. Why flirt with the possibility of getting yourself into trouble? Personally I hate the ideas of loans. I have a home loan that I hate and I'm knocking it out as soon as I can so I won't have any loans anymore. The best way to build wealth for things like more mods is to not have debt. I'd rather give one of the excellent sponsors my money than a bank or credit card company just for some points. Credit card points can't be exchanged for superchargers. But then again, I'm weird.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 08:42 PM   #28
DMC75

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Good for you if you're in that 11%. However, you don't NEED a credit card for anything. Anything your credit card will do a debit card will do and with the same protection when you run your debit card as credit. If you travel as much as you say you do (which I'm not doubting because I travel a lot too), your loyalty rewards programs should account for a lot of the "extras" you're getting with your card. I used to fly a lot, almost exclusively on United and once you hit their lowest priority level of silver you get free checked bags, free upgrades on seats, and other benefits that their credit card gives too. No I didn't gain as fast of points, but I don't have to ever worry about a balance carrying over. Besides, nobody ever got rich off of credit card points. Why flirt with the possibility of getting yourself into trouble? Personally I hate the ideas of loans. I have a home loan that I hate and I'm knocking it out as soon as I can so I won't have any loans anymore. The best way to build wealth for things like more mods is to not have debt. I'd rather give one of the excellent sponsors my money than a bank or credit card company just for some points. Credit card points can't be exchanged for superchargers. But then again, I'm weird.
Hey, whatever works for you... You are correct that no one ever got rich on credit card points, but the $3,500 I am saving on the car can go a long way towards the 6K or so i will need for my trip to East Coast Supercharging in a few years (gotta get something out of the factory Warranty ).

I will however dispute your statement that the the best way to build wealth is to not have debt. My money makes far more for me than the 4.25% I am paying the bank for my mortgage. Credit, when used intelligently and responsibly can be a powerful tool with which to build wealth.