Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-22-2012, 01:24 PM   #57
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiE2000 View Post
I'm 30, and I perfer the Code 130r (red one) Has lots of muscular lines, and it's supost to be RWD... throw the 2.0 Ecotec turbo in it... and you've got a screaming fast car... that's easy to MOD, with a HUGE aftermarket.
I just think it's ugly and cartoonish. I like the futuristic look of the 140, but as a different model not a Camaro.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:29 PM   #58
TiE2000

Drives: Cobalt SS/SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
I just think it's ugly and cartoonish. I like the futuristic look of the 140, but as a different model not a Camaro.
I see were you're coming from., I'd like the 140 better, if it was Mid-Engine RWD.

Back to the origional Camaro Concept... I like it... but it reminds me of all the Ricer Car Cartoons you see at the top of their respective forums.

Example -
TiE2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #59
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Great, so, we have an article with guesswork images (yeah, cause those have never been different than final) with pretty much nothing useful in the performance area... Yeah, I'll pass on opinion until there's actual real data. Until that time, it's just a drawing.

The car could very well get beaten by a smart car at this point.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:37 PM   #60
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
Waaaay too much 5th gen in there. I'd be willing to bet the 6th gen looks more like the 130R concept than this rendering. I'm looking forward to following the 6th gen development. I just won't pre-order before the car is produced like I did with the 5th gen. They got me good on that one.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:39 PM   #61
HumanWiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
Waaaay too much 5th gen in there. I'd be willing to bet the 6th gen looks more like the 130R concept than this rendering. I'm looking forward to following the 6th gen development. I just won't pre-order before the car is produced like I did with the 5th gen. They got me good on that one.
The changes between this and the current 5th remind me of the changes between the 1st and 2nd versions of the 4th gens.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #62
jose1003

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Cyber Gray
love it, kinda has similarity to the lights the new mustangs have
Old 06-22-2012, 01:57 PM   #63
LeviG

Drives: '95 Acura Integra GSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeviG View Post
That is one badass Chevy Civic!
Looking at it a little more, there are SOME aspects of this that I like and even think would look good on the current Camaro. The headlights are all kinds of cool. As the article says, they emulate the '69 RS style headlights. And the hood is really cool. I've always thought that some kind of heat extracting vents would look good on it. I've just never seen any that I think don't look like they came off of a NOPIfied Civic (No offense ZL1 owners, the ZL1's hood fits it, I just am not crazy about it still). These however, these fit the car. They are a throwback to the originals, yet they follow the sleek chisled lines of the new hood.

...But I still think it looks like a Chevy Civic. Maybe a Chevy Civic SI...

LeviG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:00 PM   #64
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyanSS View Post
I am just basing it off what the Mustang did. 2005-2009 then 2010-2014 the facelifted version. I know it's switching platforms but I still want it to keep a similar style to what we have now. The design of the 5th Gen got lots of praises and I hope GM remembers that when they are making the 2015.
It probably won't. The whole neo-retro design fad is pretty much dead. Mustang will be moving towards a more futuristic, evolutionary design and Camaro will most likely follow suit.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:13 PM   #65
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
If that were a true concept consideration I'm confident it would get fat and heavy by production.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #66
Dan @ Pro Custom Products

Drives: Chevy
Sweet!
Dan @ Pro Custom Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:27 PM   #67
SnoopyAce7
(ʘ‿ʘ)

Drives: The one with a roof rack
meh reminds me of a scion or something. Hope the prod. model looks better than this.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:28 PM   #68
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Geez I hope they DON'T go that route with the ridiculously over-sized toy-car wheels; the lower front is just pure cliche ricer. I see kids with lower body panels like that front on their Hondas and Toyotas around here all the time.

The Camaro is a muscle car, not a speed-racer rice rocket.
Keep in mind, this drawing is simply an exaggeration of something that could come to be a realistic car. The body lines, the wheels, the front fascia are all overdone....in fact if you look at the concept drawings for the 5th gen they were the same way. Overdone, but still very similar to to the final product, its just that the end result was more tame and less "cartoony".

Of course we must all keep in mind this is just someones imagination, and may be nothing close, but that said I hope that GM does pay attention to this thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
Great, so, we have an article with guesswork images (yeah, cause those have never been different than final) with pretty much nothing useful in the performance area... Yeah, I'll pass on opinion until there's actual real data. Until that time, it's just a drawing.

The car could very well get beaten by a smart car at this point.
Aww why the fuddy duddy attitude? Your basically saying we shouldn't imagine or speculate on anything until we have cold hard facts? Whats the fun in that?

I have to say...I like it very much, and it is quite close to what I would be hoping for with the 6th gen assuming they wanted to make at an evolution of the 5th gen. I like it from all sides and the raise in the hood still gives it a bit of a muscle car type appearance. I even love the rear end...its just GREAT!

Good power, on a lighter chassis, with this body.....I'm SOLD.

Chevy...are you listening???
Old 06-22-2012, 02:29 PM   #69
grocerygetter
instigator

Drives: 2020 6.2 Trail Boss, 2022 XC90
I think pete is right. I think the 6th gen is going to be truly something new. Don't forget that is a magazines rendering. Not GM. I plan on this 2010 I have now being my last Camaro purchase....well, new style. I still want a late 60s. I want to end up back in a vette or a V sedan in a year or two.
Old 06-22-2012, 02:31 PM   #70
HumanWiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Aww why the fuddy duddy attitude? Your basically saying we shouldn't imagine or speculate on anything until we have cold hard facts? Whats the fun in that?

I have to say...I like it very much, and it is quite close to what I would be hoping for with the 6th gen assuming they wanted to make at an evolution of the 5th gen. I like it from all sides and the raise in the hood still gives it a bit of a muscle car type appearance. I even love the rear end...its just GREAT!

Good power, on a lighter chassis, with this body.....I'm SOLD.

Chevy...are you listening???
Where's the fun in getting all worked up over what will/won't become the 6th gen?

The simple fact that you're already sold tells me that you and I won't have much of a common ground to really discuss why I think it's too early to be sold on it.

How can you be sold because it's lighter and has more power? None of that is fact, yet.

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 camaro news, 2015 camaro rumors, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 camaro news, 2016 camaro rumors, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation