Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-28-2019, 05:02 PM   #1
whatnoise

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
ZL1 Addons Rear Rock Guards

Has anyone installed the rear rock guards from ZL1 Addons on a 2010-2013?
I ordered fronts and rears and the UPS man just dropped them off. Was going to install them, however both instruction sheets they sent are for the fronts. The rears have a bag full of spacers and screws, which I think I have an idea of how they are supposed to be installed, but I'm not 100% sure.
whatnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 06:58 AM   #2
Rons1le

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE AGM
See if this helps.

https://youtu.be/0P7Q3G2hsX4

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
2015 2SS RS 1LE NPP/w Kooks headers, Procharged, ID1050X injectors, Katech belt tensioner, Mighty Mouse Catch Can, BMR subframe connectors, Matco driveshaft loop, AEM Wideband/Boost/Fuel gauges , Z/28 Splitter and Spoiler/w Wicker bill, Power Stop rotors and brake pads, MRR Z/28 Rep Wheels 20" w/p zeros 285 fronts and 305 rears, ZL1 addons Rock guards and Tow hook, Rear window louvers, Flags on the quarter windows and the moonroof, Billet aluminum door handles.
Rons1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 07:57 AM   #3
Panda1LE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE (6spd)
the rears use the blocks that come in the package that have double sided tape attached to them already. You have to clean the inner portion of your rear bumper REALLY good, then use alcohol, then use a hairdryer or heat gun if you have it and warm up the tape before attaching the block to the inner edge of the rear bumper. You will have to hold up the rock guard so you can find the point where you will mount the block. once the block is on, you will have to drill through them and then attach the rock guard with the screw. Make sure you clean extremely well and warm that tape up good, ask me how i know. Hope that helps and isn't too confusing to understand.

CAI intake, Stainless Power LTH, SCT X4, NPP exhaust
Panda1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 09:49 AM   #4
whatnoise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rons1le View Post
See if this helps.

https://youtu.be/0P7Q3G2hsX4

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I had already watched that video... unfortunately he only installs the fronts in that video, thanks though.
Old 09-29-2019, 09:57 AM   #5
whatnoise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda1LE View Post
the rears use the blocks that come in the package that have double sided tape attached to them already. You have to clean the inner portion of your rear bumper REALLY good, then use alcohol, then use a hairdryer or heat gun if you have it and warm up the tape before attaching the block to the inner edge of the rear bumper. You will have to hold up the rock guard so you can find the point where you will mount the block. once the block is on, you will have to drill through them and then attach the rock guard with the screw. Make sure you clean extremely well and warm that tape up good, ask me how i know. Hope that helps and isn't too confusing to understand.
That's what I pictured in my head. I am just wanting to be sure. They sent 2 different color blocks, some of which already have screws in them, the rest do not. Thanks for the help. I have reached out to ZL1 Addons, hopefully I will hear back from them on Monday. I was hoping maybe someone here had a copy of the correct instructions (if they exist) they could share.
Old 09-29-2019, 03:18 PM   #6
Panda1LE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS 1LE (6spd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnoise View Post
That's what I pictured in my head. I am just wanting to be sure. They sent 2 different color blocks, some of which already have screws in them, the rest do not. Thanks for the help. I have reached out to ZL1 Addons, hopefully I will hear back from them on Monday. I was hoping maybe someone here had a copy of the correct instructions (if they exist) they could share.
yes, i too had diff. color blocks. I don't think they are any diff. though or need to be placed specifically anywhere. I had black and white blocks i think. NOw that you mention, yes i remember there were some screws already pre installed into the blocks. I will look for my instructions if i still have them when i get home today. Currently working

CAI intake, Stainless Power LTH, SCT X4, NPP exhaust
Panda1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 03:22 PM   #7
whatnoise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda1LE View Post
yes, i too had diff. color blocks. I don't think they are any diff. though or need to be placed specifically anywhere. I had black and white blocks i think. NOw that you mention, yes i remember there were some screws already pre installed into the blocks. I will look for my instructions if i still have them when i get home today. Currently working
Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.
Old 01-10-2021, 12:17 PM   #8
roorback

Drives: V8 permagrin
not to resurrect an old thread but this seems to be the newest thread there was. I'm late to the 5th gen party and want to add protection to my car. Are the zl1s the best as far as quality and ease?
roorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 05:25 AM   #9
NYstreetguru

Drives: 2012 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by roorback View Post
not to resurrect an old thread but this seems to be the newest thread there was. I'm late to the 5th gen party and want to add protection to my car. Are the zl1s the best as far as quality and ease?
I think so. But the rears seem to be a bit unnecessary with the blocks. Why not use the existing holes with spacers like the 6th gens do?
NYstreetguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 06:01 AM   #10
kenfb1

Drives: 68 Nova SS 2013 Camaro 2SS RS
Hi

Hi,
Get these for the rears, those blocks are a pain and not a good fit, I bought them first and threw away. Believe me!!!

Ken
kenfb1 is offline   Reply With Quote