Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

AWE Tuning

Old 03-06-2017, 03:23 PM   #1
RazorLED

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Ceramic 9H Nano Protective Coating

So I did a lot of research and decided I wanted to ceramic 9h coat my car. Surprisingly there's a lot of hydrophobic coating products out there and they all start around $50 for a 30ml bottle. Surprisingly most of these products are not labeled as 9h and there's no way to truly verify if they are.

I ended up getting three samples and trying all of them before I decided. I got a sample of the CeramicPRO 9h, the cquartz finest, and the Liquid Armour 9h. I'm still not 100% percent sure if the cquartz is truly 9h or not.

I'll say this first, if you're lucky enough to get a sample of the "CeramicPRO 9H" or "Cquartz Finest" product you're going to realize that you cannot buy it on the open market and that it can only be detailer applied (stupid). This is a big problem because the minimum cost quotes that I got were between $1,500 and $1,800 without paint correction. The detailers I talked to told me that it's not a product that just anyone can apply and I kind of gathered that from some of the videos because they talk about high spots when applying it.

That's when I stumbled across another detailer who is using a product called Liquid Armour. He said the company contacted him and ask him to compare their product to the Ceramic Pro 9H and Cquartz that he was currently using. They sent him a sample and he said now he won't use anything else. I asked what the benefits were, and he said it's simple, it's an easier to apply and better product and the price point is far better. He quoted me $600 plus $200 for paint correction to do my 1LE.

I figured I'd ask him the million dollar question, what is the price difference between the 3. He said the CeramicPRO 9h is $225 for 50ml and $1200 for 500ml. (What!!) The cquartz finest was similar. He wouldn't give me his dealer price for the Liquid Armour, understandable.

He gave me a sample of the CP, and CQ and I went home and tried them for myself. And holy crap he was right the Liquid Armour product is far easier to use and the results in my opinion are better. Ceramic Pro 9h did not yield as shiny a surface and that's why I guess they have to apply the "ceramic pro light" over the top of it The Ceramic Pro came out in 2011 so maybe a bit outdated. The cquartz Finest seem to me to be exactly like the ceramic Pro. Both get very sticky very fast and it's hard to get an even Sheen. I guess this is why they recommend having it professionally done.

The liquid armour formulation from what I get is a more advanced new formulation. It spreads out much smoother and it buffs to an incredible glossy finish and makes the paint look so deep. The gloss in my paint is like on steroids. It applied very easily and drys in about 24 hours. I ended up getting the 100ml kit for a hundred bucks and did my wife's car my car and my boat. The two microfiber towels are very good quality compared to what you get in the stores.

Their website was a little hard to find so here's the link: https://www.liquidarmour.co

My favorite thing about this is never having to wax again and how the dirt just washes off.

I attached a few pics of my wife's car. its a 2014 and it has never been so shinny and stayed so clean!
Attached Images

RazorLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 03:47 PM   #2
detltu

Drives: 1992 Z28 1LE; 2015 Zl1
Very interesting. The only one i have found professionally installed locally is cQuartz finest. The cost has been a major reservation for me though. Very curious about this. I would worry about keeping it clean during the drying process. Is that a concern?
1991 Camaro Z28 1LE-
1992 Camaro Z28 1LE- 25th anniversary
2015 Camaro ZL1
detltu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:13 PM   #3
RazorLED

Quote:
Originally Posted by detltu View Post
Very interesting. The only one i have found professionally installed locally is cQuartz finest. The cost has been a major reservation for me though. Very curious about this. I would worry about keeping it clean during the drying process. Is that a concern?
Not a concern really. Its not like a clear you would spray. The only thing you need to make sure of is that no one touches it for 10-15 hours minimum.You don't want a permanent finger print on your car. Little fibers will not adhere to to it, just do not touch or wipe it! If you wipe it lets say after 1 hour, you could leave a faint smudge.

To repair any fingerprints or smudges from wiping, wait the 7 days and polish that spot and re-coat it. Its very easy.

cQuartz and CP are a ripoff when you see how easy this is. I would pay $300-$500 to have it done but no way $1500.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:53 AM   #4
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Razor- Your post is almost EXACT duplicate of another post on a Nissan XD website. Right down to the first paragraph being EXACTLY the same word for word.

Not saying the product your pushing isn't good......

http://www.titanxdforum.com/forum/26...c-coating.html

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:40 AM   #5
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
Well he certainly could have posted the same review on 2 different car forums. I have definitely done that. But the review does seem sort of rehearsed.
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:44 AM   #6
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
LOL....... any coating, including this new whizbang stuff, could be $1500 if you need paint correction. The other coatings you quote are expensive because you're quoting a price in which surface correction was a major part, with 7 to 10 hours of polishing. Compare apples to apples if you're going to put up a review. If the surface is crappy, you can't put your stuff on either, until you correct. Same as the others…

Cquartz finest costs the installer dealer a couple hundred dollars, that's it.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:04 AM   #7
RazorLED

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonandl View Post
Razor- Your post is almost EXACT duplicate of another post on a Nissan XD website. Right down to the first paragraph being EXACTLY the same word for word.

Not saying the product your pushing isn't good......

http://www.titanxdforum.com/forum/26...c-coating.html
Lol....thats my post. I didn't feel like retyping it all out. Just thought you guys would like to know about it also. I've used if on 4 of my toys now and really like it. Most people post when they have something bad to say. Sorry for being enthusiastic...
Old 03-16-2017, 07:09 AM   #8
RazorLED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
Well he certainly could have posted the same review on 2 different car forums. I have definitely done that. But the review does seem sort of rehearsed.
Copy and past = rehearsed.... hahaha.

I can start boring you guys with talk about LED lighting if you want.