Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

View Poll Results: TWP 3/17. What did you order?
ZL1 7 12.73%
2SS 1LE 17 30.91%
1SS 1LE 5 9.09%
1SS, 2SS.....V8 14 25.45%
1LS, 2LS, 1LT, 2LT......V6 12 21.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2014, 08:51 AM   #281
Oregon1LE

Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
So my car is outside Cheyenne Wy this morning. Hopin for next weekend delivery!
Built 3/20

I'm pretty sure my ten year old could have drove it from Oshawa to here in that time ,,,,,,with NO help! , and no map....
Oregon1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:55 PM   #282
tonysplanb

Drives: 2014 1SS
Thanks Indy for the tip. I should be receiving my CAI tomorrow and looking to install right way. Does the roar come up some? I still haven't made up my mind for exhaust and I was hoping to get some noise.
tonysplanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:12 PM   #283
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
Maybe I don't hear so well. Plus I got a real turbo sucking sound through the intake on my Speed3 but I can't hear this intake over the V8 rumble. Keep in mind that the tight fit and insulation CAI uses to keep the air feed cool also insulates the sound so, its not making enough noise for me to hear it. And, my exhaust is going to get louder. Went to Mike Norris Motorsports yesterday and put the money down for Mike to order my ARH headers. Scheduled install for May 20. You'd think that would be enough, right? Well, Krazee has me sold on the clear bra so I just committed to that to be installed April 28.

After these two, I'm done. I swear, I'm done. Cold turkey. I quit before I'm bankrupt. No more mods this year.

Really.

I mean it.

I'm serious.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:50 PM   #284
RazorLED

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Car has now been sitting for 3 days at the rail yard just 1 1/2 hours from my dealers lot. Not sure what the hold up could be??? We are going to hit low 70's this weekend. Sure would love to start driving it.

GM, if your listening, you need a better shipping and tracking system. There is no reason to have cars sit for 30+ days after production on a pre sold car!
RazorLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:26 PM   #285
Shiftgreen

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE AGM
my car has been at the distribution center since yesterday in SC. GM said it takes 3-7 days for a turnaround to dealership. I'm going to keep going on the chat until they say its been shipped out on truck. I'm hoping Saturday b/c I would love to drive my new car to my easter family gathering.
Shiftgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:41 PM   #286
Indydriver

Mine took five days. Soon all will be forgiven and you will have pure unadulterated JOY!
Old 04-17-2014, 07:51 PM   #287
FZ1LE
Camaro SS 1LE

We are all so close yet so far away!! It's more tormenting the closer it is.. Mine is on it's way to The Distribution Center in Cincinatti now. It already stopped there and then took my car on a little joyride to Louisville for 2 days for no reason. Now it's on it's way back... It's circling me, teasing me only an hour and a half away! I would have loved to have it this weekend, but hopefully this is the last week of torture for us 3/17 guys!!!
FZ1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:59 PM   #288
tw78911sc

Drives: 14 1SS Camaro 1LE, NPP, Recaros
I live 30 minutes south, north end of Wilmington, LMK if you make it down here, it is great here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorLED View Post
Life could not be more crazy right now! Im selling one of my companies, should close the deal next week!! That will free me up big time. Wil hopefully move this year from Chicago to Topsail Island NC, fingers crossed

Here is my list of mods for week one:

CAI intake
SS break lines
Catch can
Skip shift eliminator
Hill assist eliminator
4 wheel rock guards
Clear film stone guard bumper, mirrors, rear quarters
1/LE emblems
tw78911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:24 PM   #289
Oregon1LE

I'm pretty sure all cars coming in on the rail to the distribution lots are on a 3 day mandatory customs hold from Canada. From there it takes a couple days to get carriers lined up to do those routes. Our trucks pick up daily from different distribution points and some times our trucks sit all day waiting to get loaded. Trust me , our drivers hate to sit there , but it's a lot of paperwork for each car to be just be givin to anyone in a truck sitting out front of the distribution. I'm kinda glad they take there time to check all the drivers insurance and verify company names , a lot of work behind the scenes that non of us give credit for!!

Next time your gettin mad about your car being late just think, at least they are taking there time to double check and triple check to make sure our cars get to us in one PC.

Mine is still in Cheyenne Wy today , went a whole "0" miles today! Hopefully the guy drivin the train won't call in sick tomorrow and well get some miles under that rail car!
Oregon1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:59 PM   #290
RazorLED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
Count me envious on the move to NC. This winter deal is harder to take every year older I get. Especially when you have a Camaro begging to be driven!

A key tip for the CAI install...

Do not tighten the airbox mounting nut until after you install the lid. The thing fits so tight into that corner that it is nearly impossible to get the lid on if the box is locked in. Otherwise, it's a very easy DIY and a very nice piece. I have to admit that my butt dyno didn't notice the difference and it doesn't roar like the intake on my turbo Mazdaspeed did. Another reason for a tune.

LOL, I have yet to engage either of the nannies. I had bought a SSE but sold it to another member when I discovered it can be turned off with a tune. And for whatever reason, the hill assist either hasn't come on or haven't noticed it. For the latter, don't you have to swap the yaw sensor under the center console? What are you using for rock guards? I hear all that debris being thrown up by those sticky Pirellis and grimace.
Thanks for the tip.
Old 04-18-2014, 12:09 AM   #291
RazorLED

Quote:
Mine took five days. Soon all will be forgiven and you will have pure unadulterated JOY!
Your right. I just do not feel that way right now.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:15 AM   #292
Indydriver

BTW, my baseline dyno runs prior to headers and tune will be stock+CAI so I can give you a good idea of what a '14 LS3 manual puts out with intake only. Any guesses?
Old 04-18-2014, 12:44 PM   #293
RazorLED

Quote:
BTW, my baseline dyno runs prior to headers and tune will be stock+CAI so I can give you a good idea of what a '14 LS3 manual puts out with intake only. Any guesses?
397/389
Old 04-18-2014, 12:45 PM   #294
RazorLED

Just found out I will NOT be getting my car today or this weekend! Such Crap! They said its Good Friday and a holiday weekend so the trucks will not be sent out. Excuses Excuses is all I seem to get.