Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #1807
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
who do you use to powder coat? are they in south county riverside?
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:23 PM   #1808
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
who do you use to powder coat? are they in south county riverside?
PPC (Precision Powder coating) http://ppctemecula.com/ in Temecula.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:04 AM   #1809
NEGXXIS

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS A10
Awesome Parts and Work Nahan!!

I need one of those frames!!
powdercoated red..... it would look awesome under my car with my base coat clear coat painted rear frame that I already have
Attached Images

SOLD 2019 Camaro SS -Wrapped in Matte Magnectic Black - Anderson Carbon Hood and Rear Spoiler – Ikon front spoiler – OEM ZL1 Side Rockers - ZL1 Addons Diffuser - BMR 1.0” Lowering Springs - MRR 228 Wheels 20x10 and 20x11
RIP 2016 Camaro SS https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=565453
SOLD 2010 Camaro SS Featured in GM High Tech Performance and Camaro Now Magazines - http://www.superchevy.com/features/g...of-perfection/
NEGXXIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:25 AM   #1810
2012InfernoSS

Drives: 93GMC sierra stepside/ ctsv3
Nice welds, what size are those invos
2012InfernoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:35 AM   #1811
tom7322

Drives: Yes
Man, you guy's ROCK! And here I was thinking I was OCD, LOL.
tom7322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:51 AM   #1812
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
would you recommend them? the only powder coater i have used is in oc...kind of far from me in southeast corona. i want to get my louvres coated and my damaged wheels when i get new 18's for track use.
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #1813
Bluffen

Drives: 2013 Sea Ray 220 Sundeck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Hmmm are you robbing Banks Ive been following this thread since the beginning as many have. I cannot wait to see the finished product Nathan.
Old 01-29-2013, 11:34 AM   #1814
69 Rebel

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS Auto
Been following this thread for awhile now, i have to say great job Nathan.
One thing that came to mind, is this car gonna be all SHOW or will it have some GO also? I havn't seen to much on the motor.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100385

Version II
416ci stroker/4L80e
701rwhp 750rwtq
build and tuned by
SPI-Performance
69 Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #1815
Synner

Drives: cars
Invos? I figured you'd go stickier considering your plans. What size tire and wheel did you end up with?

Got the plug wires the other day, thanks. Let me know if you want anything for shipping. It could pay for a stick of polishing compound...a paypal transfer is about all I can do in 5 minutes. Hoping to get the power steering bracket done before I leave but I have a woodworking project I'm halfway through too.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:03 PM   #1816
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ SPEED View Post
Awesome Parts and Work Nathan!!

I need one of those frames!!
powdercoated red..... it would look awesome under my car with my base coat clear coat painted rear frame that I already have
Thanks EZ and I agree, this frame would look killer in your car!

By the way, you know your not going to be the only one here with a detailed belly pan, do you? Wait till you see what is being delivered tomorrow .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012InfernoSS View Post
Nice welds, what size are those invos
315 and 295/20's. The 295 are huge compare to the stock front tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom7322 View Post
Man, you guy's ROCK! And here I was thinking I was OCD, LOL.
We need more OCD guys around here, LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
would you recommend them? the only powder coater i have used is in oc...kind of far from me in southeast corona. i want to get my louvres coated and my damaged wheels when i get new 18's for track use.
For sure, these guys do great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluffen View Post
Hmmm are you robbing Banks Ive been following this thread since the beginning as many have. I cannot wait to see the finished product Nathan.
LOL,

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 Rebel View Post
Been following this thread for awhile now, i have to say great job Nathan.
One thing that came to mind, is this car gonna be all SHOW or will it have some GO also? I haven't seen to much on the motor.
69, I'm hoping it's does both. I'm shooting for a well balance car. The goal is 600 to 650hp to the flywheel NA and drop about 400 lbs. Somwhere in the thread are the details on the engine. Summery, 418 stroker, Lingfelter heads and cam. (Which I might replace the heads just to get a bit more power). Ported intake and throttle body, Meziere EWP, headers, etc. I've done everything I can think to do and still keep it NA. Going to be replacing the Comp trunnions with Yellaterra that i got last week. I haven't even started the engine and I'm already replacing parts, LOL I'm looking at replacing the intake manifold with a carbon setup but thats in the works.

So the primary is performance just taking the time to detail stuff as I go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Invos? I figured you'd go stickier considering your plans. What size tire and wheel did you end up with?

On the tires, these are my street tires setup. By the way, I got my UPS tracking # for the wheels today Again, these will be my kick around town wheels/tiresetup.

Got the plug wires the other day, thanks. Let me know if you want anything for shipping. It could pay for a stick of polishing compound...a paypal transfer is about all I can do in 5 minutes. Hoping to get the power steering bracket done before I leave but I have a woodworking project I'm halfway through too.
Glad you got the plug wires and don't worry about the shipping, it' on me.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:08 PM   #1817
69 Rebel

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS Auto
[

69, I'm hoping it's does both. I'm shooting for a well balance car. The goal is 600 to 650hp to the flywheel NA and drop about 400 lbs. Somwhere in the thread are the details on the engine. Summery, 418 stroker, Lingfelter heads and cam. (Which I might replace the heads just to get a bit more power). Ported intake and throttle body, Meziere EWP, headers, etc. I've done everything I can think to do and still keep it NA. Going to be replacing the Comp trunnions with Yellaterra that i got last week. I haven't even started the engine and I'm already replacing parts, LOL I'm looking at replacing the intake manifold with a carbon setup but thats in the works.

So the primary is performance just taking the time to detail stuff as I go.

Ok i am sticking around then