Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 12-10-2016, 07:25 AM   #1
newamericanmuscle

Drives: 11 2lt Rs Camaro & 79 383 Corvette
Thinking of trading in my Camaro

Hey everyone, I wanted to get some input. I'm thinking of trading in my Camaro. Later this year I'll be moving to a new town. My girl also sold her suv, which was our only 4-wheel drive. I'm thinking of purchasing a BMW x6. It will have higher ground Clearance, all wheel drive, a heads up display similar to the one I'm used to, and still have good torque when you step on it. Imput? Thank you!
newamericanmuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 07:41 AM   #2
KGoddard

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by newamericanmuscle View Post
Hey everyone, I wanted to get some input. I'm thinking of trading in my Camaro. Later this year I'll be moving to a new town. My girl also sold her suv, which was our only 4-wheel drive. I'm thinking of purchasing a BMW x6. It will have higher ground Clearance, all wheel drive, a heads up display similar to the one I'm used to, and still have good torque when you step on it. Imput? Thank you!
Wouldn't be my first choice. Maintenance is very expensive on anything German.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2016, 07:42 AM   #3
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
You're going from a v6 sports car to a German family sedan, what kind of answers are you expecting on a Camaro forum?
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 07:51 AM   #4
imaSSnake
'Maro

Drives: 2015 SS 6.2L Auto 2SS
X6 is ugly af
Old 12-10-2016, 07:52 AM   #5
newamericanmuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
You're going from a v6 sports car to a German family sedan, what kind of answers are you expecting on a Camaro forum?
It will actually have more horsepower than my current car does. I'm not doing anything for sure. I'm really considering it though
Old 12-10-2016, 07:54 AM   #6
Backspin9

Drives: The red one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
You know, people ask stuff like this all the time and I really don't understand why. Personally, I wouldn't give you 2 cents for a BMW.

If someone want to trade in a Camaro on <whatever> go ask the guys on the <whatever> forum. They will tell you what you want hear.
Backspin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 07:57 AM   #7
newamericanmuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspin9 View Post
You know, people ask stuff like this all the time and I really don't understand why. Personally, I wouldn't give you 2 cents for a BMW.

If someone want to trade in a Camaro on <whatever> go ask the guys on the <whatever> forum. They will tell you what you want hear.
I love my car believe me. It's not an easy decision to trade it in
Old 12-10-2016, 08:20 AM   #8
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
no german junk ffs.
running costs are a fortune..i never have and never would own german muck
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 08:40 AM   #9
mma

Drives: 1LE
If maintenance is something you're at least aware about when it comes to owning a BMW (or some other foreign vehicle in general), then I say go for it! Unfortunately you won't be getting the desired responses from the majority of the users on this medium. Sounds to me like it would be the practical thing to do.
mma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 08:43 AM   #10
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Op if your looking to trade your car for your own personal reasons ..do it. If you like the BMW then get one. People will give you their opinions which is fine but really in the end do what you want.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 08:48 AM   #11
newamericanmuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mma View Post
If maintenance is something you're at least aware about when it comes to owning a BMW (or some other foreign vehicle in general), then I say go for it! Unfortunately you won't be getting the desired responses from the majority of the users on this medium. Sounds to me like it would be the practical thing to do.
Thank you! I really appreciate your response!!
I'm not hoping for people to approve. I was hoping to hear from some who has or someone who knows somebody else who switched to something else from a Camaro, and if they regret it or not. I don't care if people hate on the decision I may make. It's my decision and I wont get butt hurt over it. 
Old 12-10-2016, 08:55 AM   #12
drew peacock
Banned

Drives: 2012 2SS INFERNO ORANGE
all i know i have known many people get ruined coz of owning over engineered german cars.
check out scotty wilmer on you tube talking about them...all ok when new and in warranty.once that expires your in for a BIG SPENDING time..
not worth it dude..buy something japanese instead
drew peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 09:09 AM   #13
rock1962

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
all i know i have known many people get ruined coz of owning over engineered german cars.
check out scotty wilmer on you tube talking about them...all ok when new and in warranty.once that expires your in for a BIG SPENDING time..
I liked the first part but buy something Japanese instead, you kidding me they have their problems too.
rock1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 09:10 AM   #14
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew peacock View Post
this is a more practical response.a friend once had an M5,very nice car,fast,etc. but once it got up in miles he couldnt afford the maintenance,and he was a sucessful archectect.i personally traded my pontiac solstice for a camaro about 6 months ago.best move i ever made,but theres no snow here.i would at least research warrantees,maintenance costs,etc. before making the jump.not sure if leasing is your bag or not but that way you could own that german SUV for a couple of years and get out before the big spending starts.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote