Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-07-2015, 11:21 AM   #1
tlwarren08

Drives: Camaro SS
Rattle from underneath w/out a tunnel brace

I have a 2011 SS with Headers, Hi-flow cats, and Borla Atak exhaust. The noise occurs at take off mainly in first, when shifting into 2nd/3rd gear at low RPMs (parking lots/neighbor hood rd). At first I thought it may have been the Brace suggested on other post. I tried using "spacers" still occurred recently took off the brace completely and the sound is still there! Any suggestions? TIA
tlwarren08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 12:39 PM   #2
JD_Alaska

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Coupe L99
May be hitting the heat shield, check to see how close your exhaust pipes are from front to back as far as clearance goes. May just need a slight adjustment
JD_Alaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 01:18 PM   #3
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
Are the headers touching the steering shaft when you let the clutch out under acceleration ?
Old 11-07-2015, 06:45 PM   #4
CamaroFan22

Drives: 2SS/RS black with yellow stripes
Something similar and maybe even the same thing happened to me when installed a set of ARH 1-7/8 LTs. Mines a 2011 as well and it made this rattling noise upon takeoff just like you're talking about and it turned out to be this stud that sticks out from the passenger side fender that was hitting one of the header tubes. You might want to take a look. It's easy to see the stud by just looking under the hood. All I did was just saw a bit of it off and that did the trick.
CamaroFan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:18 PM   #5
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
I had the same thing happen as CamaroFan22 just cut the stud off.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 11:15 PM   #6
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Take it to a muffler shop and have them diagnose it for you. Could be a hanger, defective muffler or cat. At the very least they can weed the exhaust out, but imo its within the exhaust's cat back.
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote