Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-25-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
SoCalCamaro93

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2011 RS (past)
When walking out to your car...

When walking back to your car from a store or anywhere else, what was the scariest thing that you saw near or on your car?

For me- five teenagers standing around the car talking and one had placed his soda on the car above the wheel

Never been more fired up about my car...

Past: 2011 RS, 2013 ZL1
Current: 2016 2SS
SoCalCamaro93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCamaro93 View Post
When walking back to your car from a store or anywhere else, what was the scariest thing that you saw near or on your car?

For me- five teenagers standing around the car talking and one had placed his soda on the car above the wheel

Never been more fired up about my car...
I'd have come unglued...

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #3
Npplchamp05

Drives: Jaguar X-Type, Camaro 2ss
So how did it end! You left it in suspense!
Npplchamp05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:14 PM   #4
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
I'd have come unglued...
They'd still be looking for the body.

I haven't had any general parking horrors, but at a recent car show a group of ten y/o girls were sporting umbrellas to block the sun. They were looking at my car with the pointy bits getting damn close to the car. My 11 y/o son sensed my concern and bolted over to the car to speak to the young ladies. They all closed their umbrellas and laid them down, and then continued to look.

My son is awesome.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:17 PM   #5
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Some dumbass kids decided to play football in the street when my car was at the end of the driveway. Throwin these crappy, wanna-be 'deep ball' throws that were inaccurate as hell. And none of them could catch so the ball was flying and bouncing all over the street.

Stomped outside and told them to go to the park and get out of the street. That was the end of them.
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #6
SoCalCamaro93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Npplchamp05 View Post
So how did it end! You left it in suspense!
Haha well if it were up to me...there would have been blood...but I don't like the idea of jail

I kept my cool and asked "why would you place a drink on someone else's car? Grow up and show respect towards other peoples property. Take your drink and please leave." they left without saying a word. Could've ended up much worse if they were punks lol

Old 09-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #7
SSFury
My Road Rage is Legendary

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS "Fury"
Not really ON the car.. but one time was walking back to the car from picking up a pizza (it goes into the trunk!) walking towards the car, about 50 feet away.. (one of those spots where you park where NOBODY else is.. ) and apparently a large boat of a car, a leftover rustbucket from the 80's was being backed up out of a parking spot by a very large, very innatentive driver, who was paying absolutely no attention to where he was backing up.

I saw the impending collision from 50 feet away. I grabbed my key fob, and hit the unlock button which immediatly made the HID's spring to life, which were aimed directly at him and his rear view mirrors. He slammed on the brakes out of sheer terror, seeing for the first time there was a car behind him. He stopped 6 inches short of my front end. My key Fob, and the car's extremly bright lights saved itself that night. I started running up there to yell at the guy, and he took off... if you can call what his car did taking off.. a slow painful crawl belching black smoke.. I checked my car, nothing. Fast thinking came in handy that night.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #8
SoCalCamaro93

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSFury View Post
Not really ON the car.. but one time was walking back to the car from picking up a pizza (it goes into the trunk!) walking towards the car, about 50 feet away.. (one of those spots where you park where NOBODY else is.. ) and apparently a large boat of a car, a leftover rustbucket from the 80's was being backed up out of a parking spot by a very large, very innatentive driver, who was paying absolutely no attention to where he was backing up.

I saw the impending collision from 50 feet away. I grabbed my key fob, and hit the unlock button which immediatly made the HID's spring to life, which were aimed directly at him and his rear view mirrors. He slammed on the brakes out of sheer terror, seeing for the first time there was a car behind him. He stopped 6 inches short of my front end. My key Fob, and the car's extremly bright lights saved itself that night. I started running up there to yell at the guy, and he took off... if you can call what his car did taking off.. a slow painful crawl belching black smoke.. I checked my car, nothing. Fast thinking came in handy that night.
wow. I would've flipped. Quick thinking at its best

Old 09-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #9
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieBelle View Post
I'd have come unglued...
the Violence would have happened
Old 09-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #10
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
The idiots who litter parking lots with windshield flyers. I will go to their place of business and let them know my car is not their message board in a rather unfriendly manner. If they are walking around a parking lot I tell them "don't put one on my car or I'll come unglued". They ask "Which one is yours" I tell 'em "YOU guess".
Then I'll go on to explain to them that what they are doing is considered littering unless they have the property owners written consent and they should go back and tell their boss it's a big fine for each flyer left on the ground if they don't come back and police the lot after everyone goes home.
That is my parking nightmare. Have a nice day. I can't imagine what I'd do if someone placed their soft drink on my cars hip or hood!

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:30 PM   #11
SoCalCamaro93

Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
The idiots who litter parking lots with windshield flyers. I will go to their place of business and let them know my car is not their message board in a rather unfriendly manner. If they are walking around a parking lot I tell them "don't put one on my car or I'll come unglued". They ask "Which one is yours" I tell 'em "YOU guess".
Then I'll go on to explain to them that what they are doing is considered littering unless they have the property owners written consent and they should go back and tell their boss it's a big fine for each flyer left on the ground if they don't come back and police the lot after everyone goes home.
That is my parking nightmare. Have a nice day. I can't imagine what I'd do if someone placed their soft drink on my cars hip or hood!
I've never thought about those people!!

Last edited by SoCalCamaro93; 09-25-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #12
jkchambless
Austin LT

Drives: 1LT - Airaid,JBA Axleback,VMax PTB
My wife and I were at breakfast on a Sunday morning and came out of the diner to find that someone had thrown up all over the hood of my car. And, as usual, it was parked way off by itself with about an acre of empty parking lot all around. Let's just say I was less than pleased.
jkchambless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #13
mothraisnotapokemon
nyaomi

Drives: yellow/black striped convertable2SS
I was nearly backed into by another camaro owner, apparently reversing fast into other stationary cars is the new thing...... it ended okay, lots of honking and then the other driver drove away laughing. when i saw them again, the driver acted as if nothing happened, since minutes is the equivalent of years to young drivers. yay gas station parking lots
Old 09-25-2012, 04:45 PM   #14
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I work nights, and I am one of the last 2 to leave. As I exited the building about 30 feet behind my car was a coyote. It was about 80 feet from the building to my car, so if I got half way to the car and he charged I was gonna be a midnight snack.

So I hit the panic button on the car and after about a minute he casually strolled off into the field that borders the parking lot.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote