Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-17-2015, 04:43 PM   #421
Elvira1le
Mistress of the dark

Drives: Black 2014 RS 2SS 1LE
Elvira and I will be together a long time or at least until they get rid of that 3 stantion spoiler that looks like it belongs on a rice burner or 95 cavalier. tooooo ugly!
Elvira1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 01:05 PM   #422
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyBake View Post
Yea, I need to see it in person.

The overall look is Hyundai Tiburon-ish. The front end SS and RS badge's beauty mark requires some getting used to. The rear is .

The interior looks like they said "There. SOFT Materials. HAPPY NOW??!" but hats off to them.

Mustang's front and rear is way better in my opinion but the mustang's interior looks like dung comparison to the new camaros.
You definitely need to see it in person. The new Mustang looks positively droopy and sad in comparison to the Camaro....both front and rear.
Old 06-22-2015, 12:10 PM   #423
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
I'm having a tough time with the 2016 tail lights. I much prefer the 2015 style. There's always something. I expect sitting in the new model will be as restrictive as the last model though. Sitting at the very bottom of a cardboard box peering over the top edges wouldn't give a great peripheral view either. I am no proponent of blind spots.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:17 PM   #424
nowandthen

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Am I the only one who noticed the designers fixed the 5th gen design flaw where
the door meets the 1/4 panel. It looks like the annoying 2/tone vertical paint
mismatch is gone as shown in these two side views. The 'bump out' on the 1/4 is
now slightly behind the door opening correcting the problem.
Good going GM.
Again, if someone else has already pointed this out i apologize.
First time I saw the 5th Gen I thought photo-chop, because the rear quarter "bulge" was right at the rear of the door. What an easy place to photo-chop a car. Later when I realized it was the real deal, I felt it was a design "cheat". Just seemed wrong. I agree, in photos it does look 2 tone, although in the flesh, I must say the 2-tone never jumped out at me.

I am so thrilled that GM brought the Camaro back! And I am thrilled that so many people love/loved the 5th gen. So much so that we get a 6th gen! And the 6th gen is so sweet!. It's been a long time since I was excited about a car! I love the looks of this car. Great job Chevy!
nowandthen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:41 AM   #425
omerc10696

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
The interior looks great but I'm not liking the outside changes...
omerc10696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:59 PM   #426
nowandthen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampant View Post
Glad Gm built the first ever production Turbo motor too, in fact before the Mustang was ever built. I think it is ok for them to put a turbo 4 in Camaro now 53 years later.

Looks pretty different to me. In fact with a side by side, the Mustang does not look as good. IMO I do like the GT350, but hate the GT350 R due to the wing and wheels. I know they have function but they really wreck the look of the GT350.

Both base or V6 models shown to be fair. Both have 2 doors and 4 wheels, but that is about the end of copied styling.

For me (and Bob Lutz), front overhang is everything. The Mustang , which I love from the rear view, has way too much front overhang. I don't want to turn this into a Mustang bashing thread, but the Mustang's front overhang kills it for me. My only complaint with the Camaro SS's front end is the grille (an easy fix, I'm sure, from after market suppliers). It's terribly distracting, at least in pictures. I am distracted by the apparent vertical columns, hopefully in person it is not distracting. Many, including myself, referred to it as a honeycomb, but close-ups (posted earlier in this thread) revealed a more complex design. I like the LT fascia way more than the SS. Maybe the Lt fascia can be swapped without too much trouble.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:17 PM   #427
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowandthen View Post
For me (and Bob Lutz), front overhang is everything. The Mustang , which I love from the rear view, has way too much front overhang. I don't want to turn this into a Mustang bashing thread, but the Mustang's front overhang kills it for me. My only complaint with the Camaro SS's front end is the grille (an easy fix, I'm sure, from after market suppliers). It's terribly distracting, at least in pictures. I am distracted by the apparent vertical columns, hopefully in person it is not distracting. Many, including myself, referred to it as a honeycomb, but close-ups (posted earlier in this thread) revealed a more complex design. I like the LT fascia way more than the SS. Maybe the Lt fascia can be swapped without too much trouble.
Considering the SS has 3 radiators and the grill was designed for that and the LT does not have those and the grille was designed accordingly you may run into cooling issues trying to use the LT fascia on the SS.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:41 PM   #428
nowandthen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Considering the SS has 3 radiators and the grill was designed for that and the LT does not have those and the grille was designed accordingly you may run into cooling issues trying to use the LT fascia on the SS.
Thanks Angrybird, I didn't know that.

An after market grille, assuming I don't care for the factory SS grille, will most likely be much easier on the wallet. I don't look forward to a fascia swap as that involves paint, not to mention possible cooling issues as you mentioned. I know myself well, I will see any difference, no matter how slight, in paint color. And there's always the issue with finding a quality paint shop.
Old 07-07-2015, 02:07 PM   #429
MORRZL1

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Love the new body style but am most excited to see about ZL1/Z28. With this new body style they could do something amazing if they do it right!
MORRZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 10:19 PM   #430
Jeffro19

Drives: 2018 ZL1 6M, Silverado High Country
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORRZL1 View Post
Love the new body style but am most excited to see about ZL1/Z28. With this new body style they could do something amazing if they do it right!
Yes I agree. The next ZL1 or Z28 should be awesome and can't wait to see what they do with them.

Current Vehicles - 2018 ZL1 Red Hot 6 spd manual, Carbon Hood, Sunroof
2019 Silverado High Country, Daily Driver
Jeffro19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 02:20 AM   #431
dimikfx

Drives: Dima
You can see the new 2016 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible photos

dimikfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:35 AM   #432
dragom
2G1FB1EV3A9121989

Drives: Rally Yellow RS Coupe
anyone know if the engine compartment is going to be all black or the color of the car. Like right now all the pics i have seen of the strut towers its all black and surrounding parts are black too. I am not talking about the engine cover and fuse box they have never been anything but black.
dragom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 04:23 PM   #433
Wikedwil
Co-founder of CDCNY

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2LT Hyper Blue
Becky, weekly update ?

svvkqz

thank you
Wikedwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 04:32 PM   #434
bybcous

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS