Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 11-24-2015, 11:48 PM   #1
SSNYSTR

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2SS
Knee Pads

Guess this was the right place to put this. On the Chevy site, it says interior trim kit, red knee pads as an option. If you don't click one of those knee pad options, there are no knee pads? I'm still months away from ordering my car, but I'm jw. I'm already up to right above $50,000. And that's still without the full ground effects kit and the black package. I think that's the only other two options that I would want. Unless there's something I'm not thinking about.
SSNYSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:58 PM   #2
Zultain7

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
There are knee pads on the 2LT and 2SS. The options are for different colors.
3000 Status on 9/3
3300 Status on 10/8
3400 Status on 10/9
3800 Status on 10/19
Delivery 12/28
Zultain7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 12:11 AM   #3
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
All cars get the knee "pads".... From what I saw at the "find new roads" it was the 2lt and 2ss that got the padded leather bolsters. And if one opted for the $350 upgraded options then the upper door panels were also leather.

The 1lt and 1ss look to be fitted with plastic knee bolsters and plastic upper door panels. If the 1ss happens to get padded knee bolsters I don't think they get the upper door panel unless they opt for one of the $350 bolster options.

I could be wrong with any or all of this.

Edit: I think even the 2lt gets the plastic upper door panels unless a $350 option is chosen. I believe the 2ss gets the upper door panel leather no matter what.

Last edited by GTIanZ28; 11-25-2015 at 12:41 AM.
GTIanZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 12:26 AM   #4
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
If you order the adrenaline red interior and not the red knee pads, you'll just have black knee pads.

I want a ceramic white interior with kalahari knee pads, but the configurator won't let me select that combo.
Old 11-25-2015, 06:18 AM   #5
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Are the optional knee pads (besides the suede ones) actually leather, or just some soft touch material? I hope it's real leather for $350...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 07:21 AM   #6
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Are the optional knee pads (besides the suede ones) actually leather, or just some soft touch material? I hope it's real leather for $350...
This is exactly what I am wondering. Stock knee pads are leather "wrapped" and aren't as soft as the arm rest. So for 350 bucks will it be the same softness as the arm rest or not is the real question. Stock knee pads are decent, it beats having to rest your leg/knee on flat out plastic but by no means is it like resting it on an arm rest. I can see myself "upgrading" in the future IF indeed the "optional" knee pads are soft like the arm rest if not, I will just learn to live with the stock ones! The thing is... my stock ones are black with red stitching to match adrenalin red interior and I think the "optional" ones are either full red or full black. I won't grab the full red as that is a bit too much for me so I would have to go full black leather and loose the red stitching... Or just get it stitched red at an upholstery shop.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 08:14 AM   #7
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleB View Post
If you order the adrenaline red interior and not the red knee pads, you'll just have black knee pads.

I want a ceramic white interior with kalahari knee pads, but the configurator won't let me select that combo.
You'll probably be able to order them from the parts counter if you really wanted them. May have to pay a bit more though.

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 09:50 AM   #8
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
This is exactly what I am wondering. Stock knee pads are leather "wrapped" and aren't as soft as the arm rest. So for 350 bucks will it be the same softness as the arm rest or not is the real question. Stock knee pads are decent, it beats having to rest your leg/knee on flat out plastic but by no means is it like resting it on an arm rest. I can see myself "upgrading" in the future IF indeed the "optional" knee pads are soft like the arm rest if not, I will just learn to live with the stock ones! The thing is... my stock ones are black with red stitching to match adrenalin red interior and I think the "optional" ones are either full red or full black. I won't grab the full red as that is a bit too much for me so I would have to go full black leather and loose the red stitching... Or just get it stitched red at an upholstery shop.
Are you positive the 2SS knee pads are actual leather? Not some nice soft touch vinyl? I'm getting mixed answers on that, and as well as what material the console lid cover is. Some say leather, some say soft touch vinyl or something like that.

Oh, the optional black knee pads are suede, not leather FYI.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:24 AM   #9
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
Are you positive the 2SS knee pads are actual leather? Not some nice soft touch vinyl? I'm getting mixed answers on that, and as well as what material the console lid cover is. Some say leather, some say soft touch vinyl or something like that.

Oh, the optional black knee pads are suede, not leather FYI.
Not sure what the console lid cover is. The long flat stretch facing the cabin where the infotainment and vents sit? If so, that is leather on mine OR is it "cover" above the gauge cluster? if so, that is plastic with a softer than plastic vinyl on it.

I just checked the knee pads. They are leather. Same leather as the arm rest actually. Only difference is that the arm rest has cushion under the leather where as the knee pad does NOT.

I haven't seen the optional knee pads in person yet, good to know they are suede so it probably is thicker than the leather I have and softer to touch but I would love to compare it to the stock knee pads now. If it is really softer/more comfortable, I just may bite the bullet.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 10:30 AM   #10
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
Not sure what the console lid cover is. The long flat stretch facing the cabin where the infotainment and vents sit? If so, that is leather on mine OR is it "cover" above the gauge cluster? if so, that is plastic with a softer than plastic vinyl on it.
The center console lid, behind the shifter...between the seats. That is what I am getting conflicting info on...some say leather, others say it's not.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:31 AM   #11
Tim Adams

Drives: 2020 Elkhart Lake Blue 1LT Z51 C8
If you check the SEMA accessories thread, the knee pads are actually $25 cheaper to order after you have bought your car. That is at MSRP, normally parts can be found at some kind of discount from various online sources.
Tim Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 01:44 PM   #12
IrishCoffee

Drives: 17 SS 1LE
I'm just glad there are knee pads. Anyone that ever seriously tracked a Gen 5 can attest that your knees would hurt from bracing against the plastic. Then again that's more an issue with the seats than anything.
IrishCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 03:43 PM   #13
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
If it doesn't say 'Leather Knee Pads'.... They're not.
I can't find anything that says leather.

Even the seats says leather trimmed. Which can mean anything.

Some of the fake leather is good. Can't tell unless you take it apart.

Last edited by BradfordCamaro; 11-25-2015 at 04:01 PM.
BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 08:16 PM   #14
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
If it doesn't say 'Leather Knee Pads'.... They're not.
I can't find anything that says leather.

Even the seats says leather trimmed. Which can mean anything.

Some of the fake leather is good. Can't tell unless you take it apart.
Stock fifth gen pleather seats are out lasting expensive leather covers people modded with less skin sticking to seat as well. sometimes the fake shit has its pros