Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-23-2015, 01:46 PM   #43
LOBBS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
It's going to be interesting to see how much more power you guys can squeeze out of the LT1. From what I hear it's already highly tuned.
The LT motors in the Vette respond quite well to some boost. There's no reason to believe the Camaro will be any different.
LOBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 02:15 PM   #44
Sledgehammer70
Lethal Camaro

Drives: 16 2SS, 71 Std, Suburban RTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post

Are you blind? Those two dashboards could not be more different.
Umm.. I agree with him.

"has the same design language and styles"

The design language is very much the same. Not seeing it only points to you needing the glasses.
Sledgehammer70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:37 PM   #45
MikosV6
Account Suspended

Drives: '15 Camaro 1LS/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Corps View Post
So, I guess you won't be buying a 2016 Camaro?
No, I guess I won't. lol !

I don't hate the new car, it's just that I prefer the more muscular looking 5th gen design right now. The Ford Maverick style rear side windows are growing on me. Half the people on this site probably don't even know what a Ford Maverick is let alone the rear side window shape.

The only thing that really bugs me about the new 6th gen and something that I don't see myself ever getting used to is the instrument panel binnacle height. It sits way too high and makes the dashboard look like an import.

However, everything else I can see myself getting used to and eventually liking a lot after awhile. Oh, the rear mounted pedestal spoiler is something I don't like, but I'm sure GM has a much nicer looking blade style rear spoiler sitting in the wings for a future model release.
MikosV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 06:45 PM   #46
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Did any notice the rocker panels in front of the rear wheels, where the gills are, is a separate piece that runs to the front. Not sure I like the split in metal at that spot.

The good part is when you get rock chips like the 5th gen, you can replace it rather easily and for less money.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 10:16 PM   #47
RagingHawk

Drives: Fuel efficient compact sedan :)
I think what speed of life meant is that the design language is similiar. The outline is similiar but things are placed in better places then they used to be. The 5th gen interior isn't as terrible as it looks. The automatic shifter piece looks odd, the cloth seats arent the best at least if you're smaller person. It doesn't hold you well. The steering wheel isn't terrible but could be better. But it's easy to deal with considering performance/exterior for the price. For those who bought recently its a bargain. The exterior imo looks more classic on 5th gen.

The 6th gen has little more foreign like design to it but this is very nice especially with the configurations we seen at the SEMA show. It can look very sleek yet aggressive. Interior is big upgrade, steering wheel, center console and gauges with large screen are great improvement. The lighter chasis is also a crucial improvrment if not the best. The engine sounds similiar and doesn't seem much stronger than ls3.

I wonder how much more nimble it feels. In the 5th gen I defintely can feel the weight even if it handles decently. Low end torque makes up for it. Responsiveness needed improvement though.
RagingHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 12:09 PM   #48
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
By far the interior looks a lot better. I was at the LA auto show and got to see a 6th gen camaro in person and the interior really caught my eye.

I want to test drive a 2016 2SS and compare it to my 2015 ZL1. From what Chevrolet claims the new SS is going to feel like the old ZL1. Seeing as its just as fast 0-60 and almost as fast in the quarter mile I'm sure its going to be true.

Side Note: The 2016 Camaro's have a HUD right? I have yet to see anything about the heads up display on the 6th Gen camaro, I'm just assuming they wouldn't get rid of that.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 01:26 PM   #49
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post

Side Note: The 2016 Camaro's have a HUD right? I have yet to see anything about the heads up display on the 6th Gen camaro, I'm just assuming they wouldn't get rid of that.
The 2SS does...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikosV6 View Post

I don't hate the new car, it's just that I prefer the more muscular looking 5th gen design right now.
Funny you think that, I always thought the 5th gen wasn't muscular looking at all, I called it soft. But, to my eyes the 6th gen solves that. It looks more aggressive and muscular to me...
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 01:36 PM   #50
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
By far the interior looks a lot better. I was at the LA auto show and got to see a 6th gen camaro in person and the interior really caught my eye.

I want to test drive a 2016 2SS and compare it to my 2015 ZL1. From what Chevrolet claims the new SS is going to feel like the old ZL1. Seeing as its just as fast 0-60 and almost as fast in the quarter mile I'm sure its going to be true.

I ordered the 2LT with the lighting & Convenience package which the HUD is included. This will be my first car with a HUD..

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 02:14 PM   #51
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
So tell me...what's more different...

This:

To this:

Or the 5th Gen to the 6th Gen?

I'm not saying the interior isn't an improvement..it is! What I'm saying is it's not the stark, amazing revolution that some are making it out to be.
they slap this interior on almost all their cars though, nothing unique about it. main reason why I skipped on the Challenger..

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 02:22 PM   #52
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMMIT WHITE SS View Post
The 2SS does...

Funny you think that, I always thought the 5th gen wasn't muscular looking at all, I called it soft. But, to my eyes the 6th gen solves that. It looks more aggressive and muscular to me...
Cool thanks glad to hear they keep the HUD I love it so much. And lets try to stay on topic here, everyone has different opinions of "Muscular". Are you comparing muscular to the true area of muscle cars in the 60's, or your idea of muscular? Muscular/Aggressive can mean something different for everyone.

If were talking retro muscle hands down the 5th gen does it best, and looks the most like the classic camaro from the 60s. The 6th Gen looks more modern and european which is the way all cars designs seem to be going towards. I personally love the look of the 5th Gen and the 6th Gen equally. My point by saying all of this is lets not bash one era or another, that leads to nothing good.

Idk what I'm missing but all of the cars above look Bad ass, muscular, and aggressive to me .

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|

Last edited by Battlezone580; 11-24-2015 at 02:39 PM.
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 03:36 PM   #53
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Thanks Speed for putting these two pictures together, they are a great help showing the big difference in the interior of the two generations.
Old 11-24-2015, 04:25 PM   #54
stars_fan
Nerd

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
It's going to be interesting to see how much more power you guys can squeeze out of the LT1. From what I hear it's already highly tuned.
500 crank with just headers and a tune
stars_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 09:28 PM   #55
paul84043

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by stars_fan View Post
500 crank with just headers and a tune
From what I've seen it already has headers on it. Not shorties and not long tubes, but definitely headers.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote