Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-23-2021, 03:07 AM   #1
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Do you post pics of your Camaro on dating apps?

I know this is a silly question for any guy over 23 but does anyone post pics of their SS, LT1 or ZL1, Z28 on their dating apps?

I did see a lady on Match post a pic of herself sitting in a ZL1.

Does that make you look cheap since some women who do know a bit about cars would think a 2ss is a cheap car compared to an M3, 911, C8, etc?

Even though a 2SS is still faster than probably at least 90 percent of the cars on the road.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 03:36 AM   #2
IntimidatorZ

Drives: 14 Silvy 1500 Z71; 20 Camaro ZLE M6
Yep I did (I'm over 23 btw haha) and it worked out very well for me! My gf and I have been dating for 9 months now (plan to propose to her this summer actually) and one of the things that caught her eye was the picture I had on my profile of me taking delivery of my ZLE with my mom, dad, and brother. My car was next to my dad's 5th Gen ZL1 in front of the local chevy dealership. My gf's dad is also a car enthusiast so it really couldn't have worked out any better. SS, ZL1, ZL1 1LE... a girl who is even remotely interested in cars is going to appreciate a Camaro no matter the trim and if you're passionate about cars, it's kinda cool to find a chick who is also into cars to share that passion with. Are some girls gonna take it the wrong way when they see your car in your profile and think you're just a cocky show off? Absolutely, but those aren't the girls you're trying to match with and date anyways.
IntimidatorZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 04:32 AM   #3
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
I am so old (53), I have NEVER been on a dating app. But, if I had been single when dating apps became a thing, I could have seen myself posting pics of me with my ZL1.
Old 03-23-2021, 05:36 AM   #4
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
There are dating apps? How old am I...
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 06:19 AM   #5
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
I am so old (53), I have NEVER been on a dating app. But, if I had been single when dating apps became a thing, I could have seen myself posting pics of me with my ZL1.
Haha, I'm just a bit older but there were dating apps back then. They were ads in the newspaper. Men seeking Women. Women seeking Men sections. Then along came the internet and the 21st century and the newspaper didn't have enough resources to print out ads for all 147 genders.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 06:32 AM   #6
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
Haha, I'm just a bit older but there were dating apps back then. They were ads in the newspaper. Men seeking Women. Women seeking Men sections. Then along came the internet and the 21st century and the newspaper didn't have enough resources to print out ads for all 147 genders.
If I were to ever place an ad in something like that it would go something like this:
Man seeking Woman, as in like a real one, not one of the 432 genders you may think you identify as. Likes to fish, clean fish, cook fish, but I don’t care if you want to eat it. Must also have a boat in good condition with running motor. Send pics of boat & motor.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 06:44 AM   #7
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
I've thought about it, putting a pic of me working on the car. I am not on the dating apps or dating scene currently as I plan to move soon and dont want to waste time and money dating up here.
Old 03-23-2021, 07:48 AM   #8
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSSStlfan View Post
I know this is a silly question for any guy over 23

Does that make you look cheap since some women who do know a bit about cars would think a 2ss is a cheap car compared to an M3, 911, C8, etc?
You might want to consider the relative "maintenance costs" involved

Dating "apps" have been around far longer than the ability to post pictures on them has been possible. Google "Operation Match" (think 1960's here). From somebody three times your cutoff number (and then some), thanks for prodding the memory.

Norm
Old 03-23-2021, 08:01 AM   #9
DorsoDuroJohn

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
Hmm, seems like a lot of lonely people in here. May I suggest ya'll start dating eachother? I'll create the app if that helps!
DorsoDuroJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 08:21 AM   #10
ZED SLED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post
I've thought about it, putting a pic of me working on the car. I am not on the dating apps or dating scene currently as I plan to move soon and dont want to waste time and money dating up here.
She'll look at that and say...Great. Just like my last boyfriend who always 'ran out of gas'. We never got anywhere we were headed.

Old 03-23-2021, 08:26 AM   #11
Crushin_LT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorsoDuroJohn View Post
Hmm, seems like a lot of lonely people in here. May I suggest ya'll start dating eachother? I'll create the app if that helps!

Being married or in a longterm relationship during the lockdowns, especially in the hardcore lockdown countries and states, is a very different lifestyle than being single during this time.

I'll leave it at that, but a lot of people fail to even begin to understand how harmful these lockdowns are to the billions affected by them.
Old 03-23-2021, 08:38 AM   #12
ZED SLED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorsoDuroJohn View Post
You must be looking to get flamed. In more ways than one!

Old 03-23-2021, 08:44 AM   #13
delthawk5

Drives: 2019 2SS Crush
lolwut
delthawk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 08:52 AM   #14
Crushin_LT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
She'll look at that and say...Great. Just like my last boyfriend who always 'ran out of gas'. We never got anywhere we were headed.

LOL thats a fair thought, maybe I'll just stick with my dogs.