Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-02-2018, 05:49 PM   #1
Eyefixstuff

Drives: 16’ 2SS A8 HBM Procharged
FEELER / opinions please

So I’m thinking about selling my car. I just don’t know what will be the best way to do it. Hopefully some of you can help. Here’s my ultimate goal: I owe 29,800 on the car. I want a 16/17 car with the same options, except A8 and ideally the hyper blue color. Being that my car is modded and tuned I am sure the dealer won’t give me shit as a trade in. What I will PROBABLY end up doing is putting it back to stock which means removing the supercharger, wheels, hood, etc. the labor will cost nothing since I do this myself. Then maybe sell to car max? I would take my procharger along with the other mods and swap them to my new car. UNLESS you guys think I could sell it the way it is and have enough to buy another supercharger whilst still paying off the car. What do you think?

2016 SS2, NPP, sunroof, all available options, mosaic black metallic. M6.
P1SC-1 procharger with race intercooler and race bypass
Elite catch can
Jannetty custom tune
MMR 1LE replica wheels with Michelin ps4s all around
JW motorsports smoked LED markers
Ikon ZL1 style spoiler body color
Amerihood ram air style hood with extractors body color
8790 miles
Very clean

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2018, 06:42 PM   #2
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Modded cars are tough. Typical rule is you really don’t get your mod money back out. For instance you’ve probably put 10k into your car. A non modded version of yours may go for 32-33k. You won’t get 43 because it’s modded unfortunately. You’re gonna get close to the same price UNLESS you find the person who wants your particular mods.

If it were me and I was selling towards another camaro I’d absolutely De mod and move the mods to the new car. Sell the car current car closer to stock. It makes way more financial sense in your case.
Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 06:51 PM   #3
Turbo_J89

Drives: 2015 BVM Camaro 1LE (2SS/RS)
Why go through all the trouble for that A8 that everyone keeps complaining about?
Turbo_J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 07:38 PM   #4
Eyefixstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obzen View Post
Modded cars are tough. Typical rule is you really don’t get your mod money back out. For instance you’ve probably put 10k into your car. A non modded version of yours may go for 32-33k. You won’t get 43 because it’s modded unfortunately. You’re gonna get close to the same price UNLESS you find the person who wants your particular mods.

If it were me and I was selling towards another camaro I’d absolutely De mod and move the mods to the new car. Sell the car current car closer to stock. It makes way more financial sense in your case.
This is what I was thinking. Thanks for the post.
Old 04-02-2018, 07:48 PM   #5
Eyefixstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_J89 View Post
Why go through all the trouble for that A8 that everyone keeps complaining about?
Couple reasons:

A- for what I want to do with the car, it will cost a lot more with an M6 vs the A8 because the auto is just faster. My goal eventually is high 9’s / low 10’s in the quarter. Not saying it isn’t possible with the M6, but it for sure will cost more for it to happen. I have heard of a guy on here that builds a mean A8, which I would want.

B- I like the blue color. Having a black car when you have ocd is terrible. I’ve washed the car twice in one day before. Ugh.

C- I want my wife to want to drive it sometimes with me. She has driven the manual but has never gotten comfortable. I’ve had a manual my whole life and could drive one while eating lunch, but I’m getting older and wouldn’t hate an automatic at this point.
Old 04-03-2018, 02:44 PM   #6
DavidinGA
Tread Marks

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Camaro 2SS
I would definitely try to sell the car to an individual who might be willing to pay a bit more for those mods before de-modding it...

I'm shopping for a modded 6gen myself and would pay a bit more for one. I would NEVER buy black (again) though lol
DavidinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 02:51 PM   #7
Eyefixstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinGA View Post
I would definitely try to sell the car to an individual who might be willing to pay a bit more for those mods before de-modding it...

I'm shopping for a modded 6gen myself and would pay a bit more for one. I would NEVER buy black (again) though lol
The only thing holding me back from that is that I would likely use all of the mods I have now on my next car. I’m a little torn still.

Maybe you do want to buy mine! I promise the black stays super clean all the time!!
Old 04-03-2018, 03:31 PM   #8
DapperDan

Drives: 2017 1SS A8 Nightfall Gray
Get your parts off and save em for the next one you will never never never get anywhere near the money you have spent on those parts get you a automatic slap your parts on it with a fuel system some more boost and a converter and you should be at your goal or hold out a longer for the A10
Old 04-03-2018, 03:42 PM   #9
driven2exceSS

Drives: 2016 2SS BLK A8 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
Get your parts off and save em for the next one you will never never never get anywhere near the money you have spent on those parts get you a automatic slap your parts on it with a fuel system some more boost and a converter and you should be at your goal or hold out a longer for the A10
First off Phil I am glad you're sticking with another Camaro!! When I read the first line of your post I was like wtf? lol Other than that, +1 on Dan's thought
NPP, MRC, Tinted side & rear reflectors, OEM ZL1 Rockers / 3rd Brake / Darken tail lights, OEM Blk rear splash guards, Satin hood wrap, Fuse pull, Sound tube delete, Cat delete, Ported 95 TB, Ported MSD IM, Dry RotoFab, ARH 1 7/8 headers, E85, "Performance Dyno" Tune, BMR "pieces", "Track" alignment, Hawk DCT-70/70's w/SRF, Goodridge lines, Ti shims, Red powdered calipers, 18" APEX SM-10's w/ Pirelli DH's, FE4 Vert swaybars, Brake cooling ducts, ATI 10% UD, Vorshlag camber plates, OEM 1LE Splitter w/APR Ext., Velossa BIG MOUTH Ram Air, CF QA1, ZLE brakes(F)
driven2exceSS is offline   Reply With Quote