Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

AWE Tuning

Old 01-06-2018, 03:26 PM   #1
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Part number for GM slotted rotors?

While working on my A8 transmission shudder problem the dealership noticed a pulsation when braking. When I picked the car up they told me that they turned the rotors. The pulsation is gone but now there is a slight but noticeable imbalance (at least to me). I took it back but their service tech said that he didn't notice anything wrong and the car was driving normally. I suspect that turning the rotors caused a slight imbalance.

At this point I think my options are to take it to a different dealer to see if they will fix it or call it a day and just replace the rotors myself. I'm tired of the brake dust and was already looking to replace the pads. Now I may just bite the bullet and replace the front rotors while I'm working on the pads. The car is a convertible so not much performance driving to warrant the cost of an expensive slotted/drilled rotor and pad upgrade kit.

I see that Chevy brake upgrade kit P/N 23245470 for the LS/LT includes slotted rotors. The description says they are the same size as SS rotors so maybe a suitable replacement for factory rotors. I did some searching but I couldn't find a part number to just buy the rotors. Does anybody happen to know the part number for these rotors? If they aren't crazy expensive and compatible with the SS Brembo brakes then maybe I will go that route.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 10:11 AM   #2
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
haha i thought about the same thing before and asked matt from thatcamaropartsguy and he gave me the # but i never pulled the trigger on em
Old 02-08-2018, 05:51 PM   #3
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
been doing a brake project the last two days... trying to get a 2 piece setup done.

ran across these. https://www.brakepartsinc.com/raybes...s/rotors/r-300

if you look at the design, it looks like that slotted rotor from the GM kits...

82 from raybestos, 90 from AC Delco
Attached Images

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 06:39 PM   #4
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
btw been talking to dba rotors about some 1le and ss options so should have something out soon!
Old 02-08-2018, 07:22 PM   #5
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
haha i thought about the same thing before and asked matt from thatcamaropartsguy and he gave me the # but i never pulled the trigger on em
Matt did get back to me with the part number for the GM slotted rotors. He said the reason the price on the LS/LT slotted rotor kit dropped so much was that GM was redesigning the kit and dropped prices to sell the existing kits. The price of the two rotors was about the same as the new lower price of the entire kit. Either way they were still a bit spendy compared to other rotors on the market so I decided to wait and do more research.

Matt (Lethal Camaro) has a thread running with rotor options too if you are looking for additional information. http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=519779

These look like interesting options. I will have to check out these rotors.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 08:14 PM   #6
PolynesianPowerhouse
Big Samoan ina little car

Drives: 2016 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kropscamaro16 View Post
btw been talking to dba rotors about some 1le and ss options so should have something out soon!
Niiice. They produce 2 piece gimmicks as well, right? Gonna go read up on em.

Edit: just checked out the clubspec t3's. They look like the ticket!

When I see posts asking "whats the best intake, exhaust, etc" .... the answer to that is like a grandfather telling his grandkids "if you put salt on a birds tail, it'll let you catch it" #ThinkAboutIt

"Winning Tip: Don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it. GO TEST IT!" - Dennis Grant
PolynesianPowerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote