Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-05-2016, 11:28 AM   #1
Jasper

Drives: 2011 Summit White Camaro SS (LS3)
Advice about swaybar endlinks

Hi,
I did a bit of reading here and decided to upgrade my rear sway bar on my 2011 SS Vert. The part is ready to go in at my buddys place but then I read a few other things here about the stock endlinks not holding up well. Should I be replacing them as well? The bar I got is the Hotchkis adjustable rear.

I'm sticking with the FE3 setup and the bar is for my model year. If I need to do the endlinks as well, which type would I need for it to work with the bar? I read that some are noisy.

J
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 12:20 PM   #2
JohnZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT V6
I have had aftermarket endlinks...I don't reccomended. Way to noisy. I have pfadt sways bars. Got tired of it and switched back to stock endlinks. I drive hard on the street in canyons and twisties. I haven't broken one yet. But if I did, I would just buy a new. OEM endlinks are like 20 bucks each. Buy a spare if it breaks. Way better than spending a few hundred on noisy links.

BMR Bushing Inserts,Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, Pfadt Sway Bars and Endlinks, LSR Front Subframe Brace

SS Brembo Brakes, Racing Brake Stainless Lines
JohnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 10:19 AM   #3
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Buy the MOOG brand end links, I had them on my mine and they were 100% better than the stocker-crap it came with it terms of durability. Plus, MOOG wasn't noisy and you can lubricate them. The quality is really good for the price, imo.
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 01:50 PM   #4
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
The pfadt endlinks I had started to fail so I went back to stock. Now those are failing, so I'm pulling the trigger on the FE4 upgrade.

The geometry of the FE3 endlinks & swaybar is horrible and setup to fail with any decent amount of "spirited" driving. I tried to hold out thinking the FE3 was ok, but it really isn't.

The new sway bar, endlinks, and lower control arms were only $500 from JDP and you can install them by yourself in your garage in a couple of hours.

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 12:34 AM   #5
J-ROD-210

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS RJT A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcampos View Post
Buy the MOOG brand end links, I had them on my mine and they were 100% better than the stocker-crap it came with it terms of durability. Plus, MOOG wasn't noisy and you can lubricate them. The quality is really good for the price, imo.
Where do you get these?
Old 04-10-2016, 01:32 AM   #6
DonM
Camaro #4

Drives: 2017-Hyper Blue Metallic-2LTmanual
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-ROD-210 View Post
Where do you get these?

Try here

http://www.moog-suspension-parts.com...scri=47&filter
Old 04-10-2016, 08:52 AM   #7
Js2fst
2010 transformer

Drives: 2010 ss camaro
I snapped a factory one on hotchkis sway so I am doing the severe duty it wore my tire out on it before I figured it out
2010 transformer, vertical doors, 315nt05 rears, pedders supercar coilovers, hotchkis sway bars, links, adjustable, toe bars, bmr poly cradle bushings, 1le control arms, bmr tunnel brace, bmr subframe connectors. Cam 227/239-623-620@114 Mast medium bore heads, sw 1 7/8 headers, cat delete, x pipe, 3" dynomax true duals, fuel rails, fast 102 intake and NW 102 throttle body, catch can, rotofab cai, shifter, raptor custom shift light. Dss drive shaft, 3.91 gears. 492 rwhp
Js2fst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 01:42 PM   #8
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Swapped over to the FE4 on Friday. Those endlinks are no joke. Their geometry are 100x better. Install was really simple. Including swapping out the rear shocks, I did the whole swap in only a few hours using just jackstands in my garage.

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote