Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > V8 - Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons, Tuning Equipment

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-21-2018, 11:23 AM   #1
Stan1ley

Drives: 2017 Black 1LE
Magnaflow Competition Series Catback

This system will fit either an automatic or manual V8. Mid pipe has AFM values already in place. Taking offers as well but there will be a shipping cost.

Full part description:
http://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=19265

PM for serious questions
Attached Images

02' Silverado 5.3 Cammed
Lowered single cab, daily driver
Stan1ley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 09:43 PM   #2
ruffryderj

Drives: 2016 camaro ss2/ a8
any drone?
ruffryderj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 08:29 AM   #3
nander8

Drives: 2016 2SS
The picture of the exhaust doesn't have the mounts for the dual mode exhaust feature shown on the Magnaflow site for part #19265
Old 01-22-2018, 10:46 AM   #4
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by nander8 View Post
The picture of the exhaust doesn't have the mounts for the dual mode exhaust feature shown on the Magnaflow site for part #19265
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzin1 View Post
I noticed that too! Whatever is pictured isn’t p/n 19265! I can’t find a quad-tip exhaust without the NPP valves for the 6th Gen Camaro on the magnaflow website. I’m confused!
I'm guessing that's why the other one is covered up by that magazine... he covered one up but forgot to cover up the other

Looks like a custom muffler shop job, either he got the one with the valves from magnaflow, and had the valved piping cut out for some reason, or its all a custom muffler job he's trying to pass for part #19265 and turn a profit. Also, the tips don't have "MAGNAFLOW" on them like the actual tips from part #19265.... i'll give the benefit of the doubt and say its because it may be upside down.

Either way, shady as fuuuuu....

Last edited by Techn9cian805; 01-22-2018 at 11:59 AM.
Techn9cian805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 03:31 PM   #5
Stan1ley

Quote:
Shady indeed!!!
Not shady I was just trying to show the full system since I never took a picture of the mid pipe before I installed it. For some reason Magnaflow doesn’t have any pictures on their site of the none NPP system at all. Even when you buy the none NPP system the picture is still a NPP equipped system. It’s pretty dumb I agree

02' Silverado 5.3 Cammed
Old 01-22-2018, 05:40 PM   #6
Stan1ley

Quote:
Okay, so it’s a Non-NPP quad system, that’s nowhere on their website? What is the actual part number?
I see that you’re trying to make a point but I have one question. Why would I buy an NPP exhaust that will cost more, just to have another muffler shop remove the NPP when my car has the NPP Function built in? The whole reason I’m selling it is because there is no NPP function and I want that capability back on my car. My bad if the first picture was misleading to you two. everyone that has asked has been told that there is no NPP function for this exhaust.
The picture of the exhaust in my garage was from an old Instagram post when I originally got the system. Obviously I can’t just crawl under the car to get a good picture so I used what I had.
It’s not that deep especially if you aren’t gonna buy it from me. Thanks

02' Silverado 5.3 Cammed
Old 01-22-2018, 05:47 PM   #7
Stan1ley

Quote:
Okay, so it’s a Non-NPP quad system, that’s nowhere on their website? What is the actual part number?
But to answer your question apparently they don’t make that non NPP version anymore. I would assume it was because people realized that the NPP on Magnaflow is useless because it makes no difference, unlike the OEM. So they only offer the NPP version now to force people to buy it.

NPP on Magnaflow is useless because the exhaust would be going through the same muffler chambers no matter what (Open or closed) so it will sound the same. OEM of course is either muffler (NPP closed) or the “straight pipe” section when valves are open

02' Silverado 5.3 Cammed
Old 01-23-2018, 01:36 PM   #8
Techn9cian805
The BEAST

Drives: '16 2SS, '89 Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan1ley View Post
I see that you’re trying to make a point but I have one question. Why would I buy an NPP exhaust that will cost more, just to have another muffler shop remove the NPP when my car has the NPP Function built in? The whole reason I’m selling it is because there is no NPP function and I want that capability back on my car. My bad if the first picture was misleading to you two. everyone that has asked has been told that there is no NPP function for this exhaust.
The picture of the exhaust in my garage was from an old Instagram post when I originally got the system. Obviously I can’t just crawl under the car to get a good picture so I used what I had.
It’s not that deep especially if you aren’t gonna buy it from me. Thanks
If youre telling the truth, and all you want is to add the NPP functionality, why not just cut the outer tips’ piping and add the NPP valved piping an from the stock NPP? Thats essentially the only difference, i’d assume, if their muffler design is the same as Borla’s where the quad tip axle back mufflers are the same internally between the ones with and without valves, allowing the ability to convert a non npp quadtip axleback into an npp compatible one. .
Old 01-24-2018, 12:09 AM   #9
Stan1ley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
If youre telling the truth, and all you want is to add the NPP functionality, why not just cut the outer tips’ piping and add the NPP valved piping an from the stock NPP? Thats essentially the only difference, i’d assume, if their muffler design is the same as Borla’s where the quad tip axle back mufflers are the same internally between the ones with and without valves, allowing the ability to convert a non npp quadtip axleback into an npp compatible one. .
Don’t want to cut this exhaust up and invest any more money. Just let some one else to enjoy it as is. Already have a new set up on the way so I’m essentially getting rid of this.

02' Silverado 5.3 Cammed