Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-22-2013, 01:41 AM   #1
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
I want my car signed

Has anyone had their car signed, like under the hood. Any suggestions on a type of paint pen or something to use. I was thinking of getting it signed and then letting it cure and then throwing a coat of clear over it, all under the hood so the quality doesn't have to be high, but I'd like the signature to be solid and stick around. The car is black
Old 05-22-2013, 01:42 AM   #2
bw26ss
Banned

Drives: ss camaro
signed by who?
bw26ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:43 AM   #3
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bw26ss View Post
signed by who?
+1
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:47 AM   #4
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Many of us have our cars signed under the hood. Fbodfather and Al Oppenheiser have signed mine along with several other GM Camaro team members.

Go to Camaro 5 Fest in August in Indy. Bring a Sharpie that contrasts your car color.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:48 AM   #5
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Some people have had theirs signed from Fbodfather (I believe) which would be pretty cool to have.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:48 AM   #6
bw26ss
Banned

Drives: ss camaro
uh, nobody be touchin, much less signing anything on my car, lol.
bw26ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:00 AM   #7
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bw26ss View Post
uh, nobody be touchin, much less signing anything on my car, lol.
Oh child

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWI View Post
Many of us have our cars signed under the hood. Fbodfather and Al Oppenheiser have signed mine along with several other GM Camaro team members.

Go to Camaro 5 Fest in August in Indy. Bring a Sharpie that contrasts your car color.
Well specifically for starters Fbodfather, he'll be in Atlanta this weekend. But Al or any other of the design team would be cool, and frankly if I could more or less find people from Oshawa that I could almost verify them working when my car was built, unless they called out sick or something, I'd get them to sign it too.

I'll see if I can grab a silver Sharpie, thanks
Old 05-22-2013, 02:24 AM   #8
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
ill bite, who is fatherhood in significance to us aside from the screen name?
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:25 AM   #9
rberns

I would love to get mine signed with a silver sharpie on the strut towers. But I wont be going to C5Fest. Maybe next year?
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Old 05-22-2013, 02:26 AM   #10
rberns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom_vroom View Post
ill bite, who is fatherhood in significance to us aside from the screen name?
Okay guys, correct me if I am wrong, but I thought he was they guy who came up with the design of the 5th Gen Camaro.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:45 AM   #11
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
Okay guys, correct me if I am wrong, but I thought he was they guy who came up with the design of the 5th Gen Camaro.
One of the few.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:48 AM   #12
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat

Just come to the C5 Fest. Most of the Camaro execs will be there & willhave their own silver sharpies. I brought my own because I wanted to use a silver paint sharpie. They say the regular ones work fine but I wanted to be sure. I suggest bringing a list of the names of the execs & have them sign the list as they sign the car. (last year Scott -fbodfather, gave a list of the execs planning to attend, before the fest). Most of the signatures are not legible & if you don't have a list with the matching signatures you will have a hard time knowing which signatures are whose.

And Scott Settlemire (fbodfather) did not design the 5th gen Camaro but he played a key role in pushing for it's return & in the planning for it.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:51 AM   #13
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
You don't need to worry about a sharpie... The GM team has an assortment of colors on hand to make sure they can sign on any color!!
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:18 AM   #14
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Just come to the C5 Fest. Most of the Camaro execs will be there & willhave their own silver sharpies. I brought my own because I wanted to use a silver paint sharpie. They say the regular ones work fine but I wanted to be sure. I suggest bringing a list of the names of the execs & have them sign the list as they sign the car. (last year Scott -fbodfather, gave a list of the execs planning to attend, before the fest). Most of the signatures are not legible & if you don't have a list with the matching signatures you will have a hard time knowing which signatures are whose.

And Scott Settlemire (fbodfather) did not design the 5th gen Camaro but he played a key role in pushing for it's return & in the planning for it.

Not really knocking this if that's what you like but I really don't get the concept. 99.9% of the general population that might ever see those sigs will have no idea of who they are and will just think that for some odd reason you had a number of friends "sign" your strut towers.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote