Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-23-2013, 10:35 AM   #43
nbuddo

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Inferno Orange
Those cars are beautiful. I had a Model S on pre-order when they were announced in 2008 but the build dates kept getting pushed back. I was tiring of the H2 at the time and needed to get a funner more fuel efficient car so I dropped the preorder and got the SS. There are 3 currnetly driving around STL and everytime I see one I wish I would've waited it out. Hell, Tesla even offered to upgrade mine to a Signature Series which is the top of the line for them. There is no denying that they are breathtaking cars and definitely changed the market for all electric cars. They evan just repayed their GOVT loan of 10 million 9 years early, which was used to install the free charging stations.
nbuddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #44
abttime

Drives: 07 atomic orange metallic zo6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
I gotta strongly disagree on the looks, Camaro takes the win there. I'm sure they are fun but in this world I'll take an engine over electric any day. I can go to a gas station, and in minutes I can fill up enough energy to go hundreds of miles. Electric cars take hours to fill up for barely 100 miles.
For the car enthusiast, it just won't cut it. You can't replicate the sound of an engine. Not only that, but you can't even mod the damn thing. No such thing as bolt ons or turbos lol
abttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:35 PM   #45
JustCraig

Drives: 07 Super Bee #587 & 07 Tahoe
I LOVE people that drive electric cars. They aren't using gas, which means more for me!
Yeah, the Tesla is sweet. But the looks don't turn heads like muscle cars. I see it more in competition with Mercedes or BMW.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #46
THEKING

Drives: 2011 CAMARO SS AUDI S5
Not to burst any bubbles but I don't think the current line of muscle cars really turn heads with the masses. There are to many of them on the streets now and very common.
THEKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #47
JustCraig

Drives: 07 Super Bee #587 & 07 Tahoe
Speak for yourself. It may have to do with location, too. LA is inundated with exotics and muscle cars, as are most other affluent, large cities, like New York or Miami. But in the rest of the country, most people drive more utilitarian vehicles, and I have received numerous positive comments regarding both my Camaro, and Super Bee.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #48
esponda

Drives: V6 LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHAMMO View Post
Sorry OP, the look of the Tesla is cool, but nothing like the Camaro.

Fossile fuels like gas is one of the best way to harm the environnement. If your electricity comes from a nuclear power plant, more than 100 in the USA, there is zero pollution or so. Electric cars are the future. It sucks(cool for the planet, but sucks for muscle car guys). I will have a V8 and burn gas as long as I can for the rest of my life.. american V8 sound/performance/price> anything else LOL
Nuclear power plants most certainly still harms the planet. We still have no effective means of disposing of nuclear waste...except puting it in a mountain to degrade for the next 10 thousand years...

I say eventually hydrogen fuel cells take over.
esponda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:47 PM   #49
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
hate to bring this thread back from the dead... but I just spent a little while looking over the specs for the Model S "Performance" version. Darn impressive. I really believe that this is the car of the future. GM needs to quickly get a model that competes (corvette chassis/body?).

http://www.teslamotors.com/models/options

no gasoline
no oil changes
free charging (at my work)
400+ HP
12.6 sec 1/4 mile
RWD
instant torque
17" touchscreen in the dash with web browser, nav, and all of the tech goodies
new battery swap concept is faster than filling up a tank of gas
8 year warranty on the battery
exclusivity

only cons..... price (which will surely come down with time)

.... and the fact that I dont know how to mod an electric motor... but I can learn

I love my muscle car... but to overlook this car is, well, ignorant and arrogant
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #50
TOBY J

Drives: BLOWN CAMARO SS PORSCHE PANNY TURBO
Holy crap TESLA stock is $165
It was like $40 bux 7 months ago
Something smells fishy....... it's a great car and incredibly fast but they can't be producing enough for the stock to be where it is
TOBY J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:16 PM   #51
trademaster

Drives: 12 MP4-12C, 16 Quattroporte
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOBY J View Post
Holy crap TESLA stock is $165
It was like $40 bux 7 months ago
Something smells fishy....... it's a great car and incredibly fast but they can't be producing enough for the stock to be where it is
Stock prices reflect expected earnings growth. The stock has soared because investors expect the company to become increasingly profitable in the future, mostly based on the greater than anticipated demand for the Model S and the overwhelmingly positive response to the car by the auto media.
trademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #52
maxcamaro

Drives: 2013 2ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
Ah yea those teslas are cute.

And fast.
maxcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:36 PM   #53
TOBY J

Drives: BLOWN CAMARO SS PORSCHE PANNY TURBO