Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 01-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #15
SETFREE

Drives: 2010 CHEVY CAMARO
Maybe I made it unclear? i have 22" inch wheels, cost me $900+ to fix two new tires, I wanted to see what I could get for the stock tires and rims to recoup the money I DO NOT NEED STOCK WHEELS lol........Thanks guys
SETFREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #16
emsguy

Drives: 2012 2ss convertible
your car insurance should cover it under the collission coverage, less the deductible. but it will be on your record as a claim.
emsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #17
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
That sucks....Not sure car insurance in California will cover damage to tires, wear and tear item and good luck trying to get anything out of the city's here in California, they are all broke and will deny your claim...I deal with subrogation at my company and cities in my experience won't pay....
Old 01-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #18
JustCraig

Drives: 07 Super Bee #587 & 07 Tahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by sene View Post
Haha talk about funny timing, those were my ls wheels and tires he bought. Glad they worked out for you, and thank you for getting them out of my garage
Thanks again for the awesome deal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SETFREE View Post
Maybe I made it unclear? i have 22" inch wheels, cost me $900+ to fix two new tires, I wanted to see what I could get for the stock tires and rims to recoup the money I DO NOT NEED STOCK WHEELS lol........Thanks guys
Yeah, i got ya. Just saying don't expect much $ for ls wheels and tires. Maybe 150-200 if you are lucky. And patient.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #19
SETFREE

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
That sucks....Not sure car insurance in California will cover damage to tires, wear and tear item and good luck trying to get anything out of the city's here in California, they are all broke and will deny your claim...I deal with subrogation at my company and cities in my experience won't pay....
it's pretty much what i figured smh, bye bye tax return
Old 01-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #20
SETFREE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCraig View Post
Thanks again for the awesome deal!

Yeah, i got ya. Just saying don't expect much $ for ls wheels and tires. Maybe 150-200 if you are lucky. And patient.
for that price i might as well keep them lol
Old 01-08-2013, 07:32 PM   #21
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Man, that wicked sucks. I would document everything as much as you can, so you can hopefully recoup some of that cost. Over 900 bucks seems really high for just 2 new tires. Was that just for the 2 tires, balancing and mounting? Or, was there more to it?
Good luck.

Last edited by tones2SS; 01-08-2013 at 07:34 PM. Reason: added text
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #22
SETFREE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tones2SS View Post
Man, that wicked sucks. I would document everything as much as you can, so you can hopefully recoup some of that cost. Over 900 bucks seems really high for just 2 new tires. Was that just for the 2 tires, balancing and mounting? Or, was there more to it?
Good luck.

it's because of the tire (p-zero) and then being the only one brand who makes the tire size that will fit my wheels because the car is 2" lowered
Old 01-09-2013, 05:10 PM   #23
DINGO

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Sorry to hear.
Up here in Canada, i got a quote for all 4 stock tires.(P-zeros) $1305+taxes, that was installed also. This was from my dealership also.
DINGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #24
kobSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Dang - like others mentioned you can potentially try and file a claim with the city.

I have the same tires. Purchased from Discount Tire w/ replacement certificates for this exact reason. Low profile tires are easier to get a flat, and expensive. The coverage is worth it in my opinion.
Pfadt'ed Out Level 4, Pfadt Featherlight Coilovers, Pfadt ZL1 Sways, Pedders Radius Rod Inserts, CTS-V Brakes, Borla S-Type, Quad Tips, Forgestar 22" F14's (Show), CAI Intake w/ scoop, Rx Catch-Can, AAC Lighting, Showstopper Sidemarkers

"Information is the oxygen of the modern age"

Build Thread
kobSS is offline   Reply With Quote