Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-25-2021, 04:56 PM   #15
12oclockshadow

Drives: 2012 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
The hood emblems.
Wow that looks cool. Nice job!!
Old 04-27-2021, 11:46 PM   #16
Saejosh

Drives: 14 Camaro ZL1 16 f150 eco boost

Did the front as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saejosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 12:05 AM   #17
CJ27

Drives: Chevrolet camaro zl1
Quote:
The hood emblems.
Can u go into more detail on how you did this? I really like the look you did a great job.
Old 04-30-2021, 07:43 PM   #18
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
I have a question. I want to make my front bowtie a flowtie so can you buy the bowtie emblem without buying the grill? Does the bowtie bolt on or not? I do not have a tool to cut it out if that is what has to be done but I could buy one if I need to.Thanks
The bowtie is a separate part that press fits into the grill with tabs. The grill is solid behind the bowtie. I removed it; cut out the center part of the bowtie and the grill behind the bowtie and left enough so the bowtie can lay against once it's reinstalled. I used double sided tape carefully placed between the frill and flowtie to ensure it's stays in place. Wrapping the flowtie took a lot patience and time to get it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12oclockshadow View Post
Wow that looks cool. Nice job!!
Thanks. It's amazing how those subtle details changed the entire look of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ27 View Post
Can u go into more detail on how you did this? I really like the look you did a great job.
Thanks. I bought a sheet of real CF veneer with adhesive backing. I traced the inside of the emblem onto paper and used it as template to cut the CF inlay and simply stuck in place. It took several attempts and a lot of patience to get it right.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 08:49 PM   #19
Vegas Bound
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime53 View Post
I have a question. I want to make my front bowtie a flowtie so can you buy the bowtie emblem without buying the grill? Does the bowtie bolt on or not? I do not have a tool to cut it out if that is what has to be done but I could buy one if I need to.Thanks
It snaps in. Tight fit.
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 09:13 AM   #20
CJ27

Drives: Chevrolet camaro zl1
Quote:
The bowtie is a separate part that press fits into the grill with tabs. The grill is solid behind the bowtie. I removed it; cut out the center part of the bowtie and the grill behind the bowtie and left enough so the bowtie can lay against once it's reinstalled. I used double sided tape carefully placed between the frill and flowtie to ensure it's stays in place. Wrapping the flowtie took a lot patience and time to get it right.

Thanks. It's amazing how those subtle details changed the entire look of the car.

Thanks. I bought a sheet of real CF veneer with adhesive backing. I traced the inside of the emblem onto paper and used it as template to cut the CF inlay and simply stuck in place. It took several attempts and a lot of patience to get it right.

Ty. I might try the same if I decide to keep the car a bit longer.