Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-20-2011, 10:18 PM   #15
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
RUN FROM THAT DEALER AND DO NOT LOOK BACK
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:22 PM   #16
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transdamm View Post
Jet stream FTW!! and make it exclusive for the zl1..
jet stream blue and Aqua Blue are almost identical. So I think if it was GM they wouldn't use that color
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:47 PM   #17
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
Run Forest Run.............
Old 02-20-2011, 10:55 PM   #18
IamJacksCamaro

Drives: Camaro LS M6, Fiero, Ford F100
This doesn't sound possible.
IamJacksCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:03 PM   #19
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Your dealer is an idiot. They do not call the shots with GM despite their egos. I'm guessing that your dealer was given everything the toy store could offer as a child. That would explain what your dealer thinks 6 orders is enough to justify changing an entire assembly line that will affect a hundred thousand other customers. If GM offers any additional colors on the Camaro, it has nothing to do with your dealer.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:06 PM   #20
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Attached Images

mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 11:06 PM   #21
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I would like to have a 1:18th Aqua Blue Camaro for my collection.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:10 PM   #22
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icandrivejustnotlegally View Post
jet stream blue and Aqua Blue are almost identical. So I think if it was GM they wouldn't use that color
They're not the same at all.

Go to a dealer and check out abm on something, (actually, I don't think they put aqua on anything now - idk) then jsb on a Vette.

I hate green in my blue. That's why it didn't sell. Green mixed with blue is not blue.

GM's done enough right that I'll just take vr.

Unless they want to make a true blue Camaro.
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:12 AM   #23
Keenov

Drives: None ATM
So.... I talked to my dealer today. If I can get 7 people on the internet to just post up that they want the ZL1 to weigh 3400 lbs, they will do it.
Keenov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 05:52 AM   #24
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six

Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenov View Post
So.... I talked to my dealer today. If I can get 7 people on the internet to just post up that they want the ZL1 to weigh 3400 lbs, they will do it.

NoSyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:29 AM   #25
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevn86 View Post
I just want them to bring ABM or similar back! GM are you listening? Why would you take away such a beautiful color? Everyone was just getting around to seeing the color and BAM out of no where GM said it will be discontinued.
GM listens to it's customers VERY closely. ABM was one of if not the lowest pentration color. Yes, the few that bought it were certainly passionate about it, but the overall volume was very low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I sincerely suggest you find another dealer as quickly as humanly possible.

Either you've encountered the world's stupidest Chevrolet dealer...or they're lying straight to your face and enjoying every minute of it.

Aqua Blue is done. It unfortunately did not sell enough to justify its existence. And Chevy/the plant won't do a limited run of a single color for any amount of people...let alone an insignificant six.

Now...maybe there was a misunderstanding at some point? Maybe he was talking about repainting the cars for you six whenever he takes delivery??

What you posted (if that's what he was trying to say) is simply out of the question.:(
Limited runs in a paint shop are all but impossible. Yes, in the past, GM has done Mary Kay Pink for some cars, but to do 6 of a discontinued color? I would say all but impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keenov View Post
That's how we roll...........................LOL
Old 02-21-2011, 07:04 AM   #26
mrvenicess

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 auto
GM will do a small run of special paint colours on some of their commercial vehicles only. These colours come out of the special paint code book and are for customers like UPS etc. They do not include Camaros, sorry.
mrvenicess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:48 AM   #27
CLEAN

Drives: '19 Stingray '22 MB GLC 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
GM listens to it's customers VERY closely. ABM was one of if not the lowest pentration color. Yes, the few that bought it were certainly passionate about it, but the overall volume was very low.
The sum total, yes. But wasn't it really coming on at the end as people saw the color in person? You must admit that the representation of the color GM provided in literature and online was FAR off from the actual color. I myself cringed when I first saw it was going to be an option, but when by luck I saw the color in person at my dealer, my order changed from VR to ABM immediately. I know why it was pulled, but you must admit it was handicapped at the beginning by how it was represented, and only once the car was showing up in person could people make an honest assessment of it. Too bad, because I feel it certainly would have blown away yellow and orange had it been given a fair chance.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:57 AM   #28
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEAN View Post
The sum total, yes. But wasn't it really coming on at the end as people saw the color in person? You must admit that the representation of the color GM provided in literature and online was FAR off from the actual color. I myself cringed when I first saw it was going to be an option, but when by luck I saw the color in person at my dealer, my order changed from VR to ABM immediately. I know why it was pulled, but you must admit it was handicapped at the beginning by how it was represented, and only once the car was showing up in person could people make an honest assessment of it. Too bad, because I feel it certainly would have blown away yellow and orange had it been given a fair chance.
+1 from the GM provided color cards it looked like but i had the luck to help a member out with ABL in the dash, I liked it so much i told him if he wants to sale it at any time to let me know its that nice with white stripes.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote