Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-06-2016, 04:47 PM   #29
Quiksilver16ss

Drives: 2016 camaro 1ss
I saved 5k by getting the 1SS so I have no regrets!! I still have NPP, magnetic ride control, sunroof and the black hash mark/bowtie option. The 1SS is loaded just not loaded as much! I am very happy with my car.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:54 PM   #30
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
I would have regretted it from day one if I bought a 1ss..

the HUD/side monitor system/auto dimming mirrors/cooled seats (as useless as they might be)

are phenomenal features.. Then the stereo and dual AC is a great thing to have. I would personally save up if this is your D.D.. if this is nothing more than a weekend car, sure.. I know my steering wheel is low enough where I rely solely on the HUD for info.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:03 PM   #31
angelbones

Drives: Hyper Blue 2SS w/Ceramic Int, NPP
Count me as 2SS. I've gotten to the point where I like the goodies and am willing to pay for it. Nothing wrong with going into 1SS though. In fact, if my only two choices were a loaded 2LT V6, or the 1SS, I might, might I say, choose the 2LT.
angelbones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:12 PM   #32
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbones View Post
Count me as 2SS. I've gotten to the point where I like the goodies and am willing to pay for it. Nothing wrong with going into 1SS though. In fact, if my only two choices were a loaded 2LT V6, or the 1SS, I might, might I say, choose the 2LT.
You will rather have the V6 with all the goodies than a V8 without all the goodies??

LOL

I guess performance isn't the number one on this list for some. I respect that different strokes for different folks.

For me, if I wanted all the comfy goodies then I would have bought a Cadillac or Lexus sedan.

The SS in my eye's is a raw V8, powerful machine that can handle. All the goodies is just a bonus and that bonus should never over exceed the performance aspect of that.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:27 PM   #33
Quiksilver16ss

Drives: 2016 camaro 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post
You will rather have the V6 with all the goodies than a V8 without all the goodies??

LOL

I guess performance isn't the number one on this list for some. I respect that different strokes for different folks.

For me, if I wanted all the comfy goodies then I would have bought a Cadillac or Lexus sedan.

The SS in my eye's is a raw V8, powerful machine that can handle. All the goodies is just a bonus and that bonus should never over exceed the performance aspect of that.
Well said!
Old 06-06-2016, 05:43 PM   #34
robbie52

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Ultimately you are the one who has to make the decision. We went with the 2SS and have no regrets. Love the dual climate control, memory seats, heated/cooled seats, and side warning detection. No way would I choose a 2LT/RS over a 1SS, but that is just my opinion. Did that the first time with a 2014 2LT/RS.
robbie52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:46 PM   #35
ender2664
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02fbody35th View Post
Hey guys I have been saving money for a 2017 Camaro for a while now. All along I was planning on getting a 2ss. But I got to thinking that I can really save a big chunk of change if a get a 1ss. I don't need all the fancy gadgets the 2ss comes with. I think the only things I would miss is the ambient lighting and maybe the look of the leather seats. The 1ss cloth seats are really nice though. So my question for all the 1ss guys is, do you at all regret not spending the extra money and getting the 2ss? I'm also trying to consider resale value down the road and I'm wondering if a 1ss will depreciate faster or be less desirable than a 2ss?
I bought the 2ss, probably should have got the 1ss. Also should have not gotten npp or mrc. didn't make good decisions :(

Last edited by ender2664; 06-06-2016 at 06:20 PM.
ender2664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:53 PM   #36
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
Personally I've decided when I order a Camaro next year that it'll be a 1SS (also doing either a $15-20K down payment). I don't need the goodies, I just want an LT1 w/NPP exhaust and 6spd. Call me simple but that's really all I care about.

It's my thought that leather seats can look rough over time plus are more general upkeep. A lighting kit can be ordered as an option but again, for me it's not that I don't like it, I just don't know if it's worth it. The other stuff is okay but I can't see dropping $5k for a 2SS since come resale time down the road I doubt you'll get that money back.

Now, I might drop that extra $5K on a 1LE version but not for a 2SS, it's either going to be a 1SS or a 1LE for me.
SDG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:16 PM   #37
02fbody35th

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard0nee View Post

LOL

My thoughts exactly!
02fbody35th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:21 PM   #38
02fbody35th

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG23 View Post
Personally I've decided when I order a Camaro next year that it'll be a 1SS (also doing either a $15-20K down payment). I don't need the goodies, I just want an LT1 w/NPP exhaust and 6spd. Call me simple but that's really all I care about.

It's my thought that leather seats can look rough over time plus are more general upkeep. A lighting kit can be ordered as an option but again, for me it's not that I don't like it, I just don't know if it's worth it. The other stuff is okay but I can't see dropping $5k for a 2SS since come resale time down the road I doubt you'll get that money back.

Now, I might drop that extra $5K on a 1LE version but not for a 2SS, it's either going to be a 1SS or a 1LE for me.
I feel the same way. I can justify spending the extra money on a 1le for all the go fast equipment but I can't justify spending on the 2ss "luxuries", even though I know that I don't need the extra performance parts of the 1le because I'm not a track rat. but it still just feels right to spend my money there if I'm gonna spend the extra cash
02fbody35th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:30 PM   #39
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDG23 View Post

Unfortunately, based on my Gen5 1LE you won't get that extra money back either. My 2013 2SS 1LE has a 36 month residual value of $27k, it only had 19k miles on it but nobody wanted it. Off to the auction it goes. It will probably sell wholesale for 25k. If you plan to keep the car a long time it is going to depreciate away anyway so you might as well get what you can afford/enjoy.

Another factor is discounting. Add this to the equation. If you could get 3k off a 1SS or 5k off a 2SS, do you still go 1SS, knowing for only a couple grand more you get the leather and all the other goodies?
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 08:08 PM   #40
samsumon

2ss with NPP... Best option IMO. I didn't buy the car thinking about who I sell it... I bought the car for everyday driving comfort. If in the end I'm out 5k, I'll live...

I bought a Camaro in the first place, not the most practical car in the world
Old 06-06-2016, 08:10 PM   #41
samsumon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02fbody35th View Post
I feel the same way. I can justify spending the extra money on a 1le for all the go fast equipment but I can't justify spending on the 2ss "luxuries", even though I know that I don't need the extra performance parts of the 1le because I'm not a track rat. but it still just feels right to spend my money there if I'm gonna spend the extra cash
Go fast goodies which will rarely be used
Old 06-06-2016, 08:16 PM   #42

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Might as well wait and take a look at the 1LE for 2017....If you want to spend more than a 1SS, but the 2SS doesn't do it for you, at least wait for 1LE pricing, then decide....Good luck.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote