Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-14-2014, 11:01 AM   #253
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Do I think they will?

NO, I think they will have many trading up, especially the LS, LT, and SS guys.

If I had a 13 ZL1 it would never leave me..

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:44 PM   #254
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
Like many, I think the current look is a 9 out of 10. I'm not as worried about the looks of gen6 as much as functionality. Will it have better driver visibility, will it have LT4 and SC LT4 available...better handling, lighter, better interior etc.

I see myself having the looks grow on me, like the C7, unless they try to go retro and screw it up. If it has superior functionality, that may overcome any slight flaws in the looks.

Oh, and will it keep the same price point give or take a grand or so.

Oh...and GM...hurry up with some official information on looks and specs for crying out loud...my itch is on fire!!!
Well, I love the Retro interior of the Camaro and mustang! The modern looking interior look of the 2015 challenger I don't like it , only like the lower part where the shifter is! Every modern interior is boring! I wish they would get creative like the 60's interior!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:02 PM   #255
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
Well, I love the Retro interior of the Camaro and mustang! The modern looking interior look of the 2015 challenger I don't like it , only like the lower part where the shifter is! Every modern interior is boring! I wish they would get creative like the 60's interior!
I hear you...it is all about preference. For me, i think some tributes or cues to the past is great, especially for this type of car, but for me, embrace the present - i think GM can do disservice to the Camaro nameplate by embracing too much of the past.
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:06 PM   #256
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=DenverTaco07;7817990]I hear you...it is all about preference. For me, i think some tributes or cues to the past is great, especially for this type of car, but for me, embrace the present - i think GM can do disservice to the Camaro nameplate by embracing too much of the past.[/QUOTE

Yea, I hear you too! But what would be too much of the past to you?
Old 07-14-2014, 10:09 PM   #257
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
[QUOTE=Q'smuscle;7817997]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
I hear you...it is all about preference. For me, i think some tributes or cues to the past is great, especially for this type of car, but for me, embrace the present - i think GM can do disservice to the Camaro nameplate by embracing too much of the past.[/QUOTE

Yea, I hear you too! But what would be too much of the past to you?
Challenger....i like it...but suffers from too much retro, at least on the outside. and maybe size and weight has been affected by this desire to stay in the past.
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:36 PM   #258
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
This is a darned if they do and darned if they don't issue. If they don't change too much many people are going to say WTF, you call this a new design. If they change too much you risk blowing the whole thing if you don't get it right. The way I see it the Gen 5 was meant to give the boomer generation along with a few younger movie goers a more modern version of the original Camaro. I believe the Gen 6 will attempt to capture a new younger market which they will need to be successful going forward. I'm not sure they can capture both generations in mass. So many of the 18-35 year olds have a different view of what they interpret as a performance car. They think small,light, turbo, mpg, All things that are hard to accomplish and still retain the US muscle heritage. I remember when we did not care how fast a 4 banger was, it was still a 4 banger and if it kicked ass it was an oddball. We will see how successful the big 3 will be at moving American muscle forward at an affordable price point with mass appeal.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:25 PM   #259
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
To answer the OP;

YUP!

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:59 AM   #260
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
ruin the 6th gen? no, I do not believe GM will ruin the Camaro. They might not build something everyone likes....scratch that, they WILL NOT build something everyone likes. You can't please everyone. But they will build something that will sell well. Not worried about it one bit.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:12 AM   #261
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
ruin the 6th gen? no, I do not believe GM will ruin the Camaro. They might not build something everyone likes....scratch that, they WILL NOT build something everyone likes. You can't please everyone. But they will build something that will sell well. Not worried about it one bit.

Not everyone likes the refresh but it's selling better than the 13's did....
Old 07-17-2014, 09:14 AM   #262
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

[QUOTE=DenverTaco07;7818169]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post

Challenger....i like it...but suffers from too much retro, at least on the outside. and maybe size and weight has been affected by this desire to stay in the past.
To me, I think the interior is what kills the Challenger because everyone always say that they love the Retro look of it but the inside is horrible and all black! Plus nothing attractive inside!
Old 07-17-2014, 08:08 PM   #263
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
after seeing the test mule today, ain't a bit worried

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 06:59 PM   #264
Matt_RS

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
I love the new corvette but am unsure about the upcoming camaro
Old 07-21-2014, 12:41 PM   #265
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Yes
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:21 AM   #266
B-Wild

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
If GM tires to make the new Camaro more "euro" or "ricer" they will be in trouble. Like many have said, the Camaro is an American Muscle car and with their involvement with Transformers and Hot Wheels they were able to make it cool again for the younger generation.

Corvette got caught with their pants down and the stigma that it was an "old guys car" has never gone away. GM's solution - put Camaro tail lights on the new model and piggy back off the success of the new generation Camaro. Yes it made an appearance in the Transformer's movie franchise but it played second fiddle to Bumble Bee.

Current rides:
2007 Z51 Corvette Coupe

Previously owned rides:
2013 2SS Camaro Coupe
2000 Lingenfelter FRC Corvette
1997 WS6 Firebird TransAm
1980 Formula Firebird
B-Wild is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2015 camaro, 2015 camaro forum, 2015 camaro forums, 2015 chevrolet camaro, 2015 chevy camaro, 2016 camaro, 2016 camaro forum, 2016 camaro forums, 2016 chevrolet camaro, 2016 chevy camaro, 2017 camaro, 2017 chevy camaro, 6 gen camaro, 6th gen camaro, 6th gen camaro forum, 6th gen camaro forums, 6th gen camaro info, 6th gen camaro news, 6th gen camaro rumors, 6th gen chevrolet camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro, 6th gen chevy camaro forum, 6th generation camaro, 6th generation camaro info, 6th generation camaro news, 6th generation camaro rumors, 6th generation chevy camaro, camaro 6th gen, camaro 6th generation