Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-02-2016, 02:14 PM   #43
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Wow, does your driveway dip out of the garage and then raise back up before the street? You're right in front of the garage and it looks like your back end must be higher than the front, looking at the angle of attack your nose is taking in that photo.

I wouldn't lower your car until you had your driveway leveled.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:22 PM   #44
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
Wow, does your driveway dip out of the garage and then raise back up before the street? You're right in front of the garage and it looks like your back end must be higher than the front, looking at the angle of attack your nose is taking in that photo.

I wouldn't lower your car until you had your driveway leveled.
It's a steep driveway. My last car scraped at the top, going onto the street, and the bottom, going into the garage. It's probably a 30 to 35 degree angle.

I would give anything for a level driveway. Next time I buy a house the first requirement is a level driveway. The next requirement is for a really BIG garage!
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:26 PM   #45
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Yeah, that's going to scrape with a set of springs :(
Old 09-02-2016, 07:48 PM   #46
JaxChris

Drives: '16 2SS GD1 MX0 NPP F55 IO6
Mmm, if I had the cash to build a spec home, it would have a 3-4 car garage that is 30' deep with a 14' ceiling. Next would be a seamless, level transition at the end of the driveway.
JaxChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 08:59 PM   #47
sub_ETCS_ret

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxChris View Post
Mmm, if I had the cash to build a spec home, it would have a 3-4 car garage that is 30' deep with a 14' ceiling. Next would be a seamless, level transition at the end of the driveway.
Exactly!
"Submariners are a bunch of intelligent misfits that somehow seem to get along, understand each other and work well together." - overheard from a surface officer explaining to another sailor about Submariners
sub_ETCS_ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 07:56 PM   #48
Josh The People

Drives: TT 10' SS -> 16' SS
Car looks great! Don't want to hijack your thread but do you happen to have any pics of the instructions or more specifically where the bump stops go? Mine didn't come with any unfortunately and its been impossible to find someone at eibach to help me! Thanks for any help you can offer.
Old 09-17-2016, 08:28 PM   #49
crankaholic

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh The People View Post
Car looks great! Don't want to hijack your thread but do you happen to have any pics of the instructions or more specifically where the bump stops go? Mine didn't come with any unfortunately and its been impossible to find someone at eibach to help me! Thanks for any help you can offer.
I've been meaning to call Eibach about that... I think they're for non-MRC cars. Pistons in the MRC shocks are too thick for the bump stops they included. I really don't think the car is bottoming out with these springs though.
Old 09-17-2016, 09:25 PM   #50
Josh The People

Drives: TT 10' SS -> 16' SS
Yeah it for sure does not fit on at all any way, I was worried they sent me the wrong bumpstops or even the whole wrong kit (but the product number on the springs match yours which is good). So this kit would be for both MRC and Non-MRC cars then, that would make sense. Sucks cause I had the whole car put together without the bumpstops (was just going to run it without them) but then I figured it would be wise to use them and ripped it back apart to try and figure it out again...... Car has been up on jack stands in the garage for close to 3 weeks now :( lol

[IMG[/IMG]