Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 01-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Enthusiast/Owner survey...

I received a few surveys in the mail after I bought my car...and I noticed something peculiar...in a day in age when we're adding feature after feature to the cars (which can add weight and cost)...they only ever asked for what features I had, or what else I wanted on the car.

Never what I didn't want.

This is different from "name one thing you hate", or "what's the worst feature on your car". And I'm not advocating for stripped shells of a car, either...

...I'm curious only...is there anything about our 5th-gen Camaros that we just don't need/use? Barring legal requirements for things like airbags, fuel economy, and crash tests...

In my case, after thinking about it for a little bit - I found that I never use that little lock button in the middle of the cabin, I don't use the sun-visors, and I rarely look at the auxiliary gauges down in the console, or adjust the head-rests. Also...I never needed more glass: I LIKE the chopped roof feel. Little things....

What about you?
Old 01-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Drives: '13 Mustang Boss 302 - RED
Back seats.

I wish my back seat area was more like the Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca. Just a carpeted area to maybe toss a small piece of luggage or briefcase.
CooG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Hands down, it's "hill assist"
Old 01-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #4
Spektrum

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
I'd say the placement and usability of the cup holders.
Spektrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #5
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I myself personally love the locking button in the center. It's different from all of the other cars out there. As for the thing I don't like/believe we need, it would have to be the Home Link garage door buttons on upper console. Out of curiosity, who actually has it, yet alone knows, that it's even there?
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #6
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadoo7 View Post
Hands down, it's "hill assist"
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^: mad0260:

I hate it!!!!!
Old 01-16-2013, 09:48 PM   #7
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
I like this topic...

The things that everyone could live without (imo)...
  • The power jack next to the traction control button...
  • The engine "cosmetic" cover.. useless weight and heat trap
  • The compressor/goo in the trunk and the foam spare replacement it mounts in. Mine is even a daily driver, but without a spare you are on roadside/tow only.. why cost yourself 2X the money by getting a 'temp' fix
  • Onstar, the most useless (and expensive) option on any car... EVER
  • Serius XM radio, who doesn't have a smart phone that can stream google play/pandora/ect..
  • The central lock (even door mounted) switches, if you want to open the door pull the handle twice or wait till the ignition is off (I have mine set to unlock on turnoff)

The stupid (sometimes small) things that it SHOULD have come with...
  • Magnetic oil drain plug...
  • Nav/touchscreen/backup camera/ media center
  • Homelink/garage door opener
  • Steering wheel radio controls
  • Locking gas door

The small (sometimes) things that I'm GLAD it came with (that should be standard on every car)...
  • Auto-head lights
  • Locking Glove box
  • power to everything after ignition off (roll up windows/ listen to the last 20 seconds of a song/radio dj)
Old 01-17-2013, 09:46 AM   #8
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
They will never do away with OnStar - and I'm glad that I have it in my vehicle.
Likewise they won't do away with Sirius, and I'm glad that they have it because I use Sirius XM every day.

They (now) already come with a touchscreen / backup camera / media center, homelink/garage door opener, steering wheel radio controls.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #9
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
They will never do away with OnStar - and I'm glad that I have it in my vehicle.
Likewise they won't do away with Sirius, and I'm glad that they have it because I use Sirius XM every day.

They (now) already come with a touchscreen / backup camera / media center, homelink/garage door opener, steering wheel radio controls.
I enjoy my Sirius from time to time, and with OnStar, it does help give me peice of mind that I have it on. A friend of mine out in Albuquerque has his Chevy Pickup stolen, called up OnStar immediately and they were able to track down the vehicle and notified the authorities. The guy whole stole it was caught red handed and the officers took him to jail.

I would ike to add that the sun visors are pretty much useless as well.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:48 PM   #10
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
I enjoy my Sirius from time to time, and with OnStar, it does help give me peice of mind that I have it on. A friend of mine out in Albuquerque has his Chevy Pickup stolen, called up OnStar immediately and they were able to track down the vehicle and notified the authorities. The guy whole stole it was caught red handed and the officers took him to jail.

I would ike to add that the sun visors are pretty much useless as well.
I took a tour of the OnStar Command Center here in downtown Detroit - it's a very cool setup with a massive screen of the US and an icon appears anytime someone presses the OnStar button or it detects a vehicle accident. It's really humbling, though, when you're standing there watching the screen and you see an icon for an accident pop up and you know the accident was bad enough that it triggered OnStar... You hope they're alright and atleast know an advisor is going to be patched through to see if they need any help, but it's weird seeing it pop up and know someone's day just got ruined. Likewise they said that sometimes they can be the first to know when a major disaster occurs because of all the OnStar modules reacting to accidents (like when a bridge collapses). It's pretty crazy to think how useful that little blue button can be afterall!

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:45 PM   #11
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Drives: '13 Mustang Boss 302 - RED
OnStar is great! I'm embarrassed say that I have locked my keys in my truck at car shows 3 TIMES! Quick call to OnStar and the doors are opened and keys are out.

As for the cost, it can be covered a deduction that most insurance companies give you for having a way to track a stolen car. I have the Safe & Sound package and it costs me about $15/month. I also just bought 300 minutes of OnStar phone time for $9.99. This is great for when you are in an area where you lose your cellphone signal or your phone is dead.
CooG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #12
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Liking some of what's been said.

Just to clarify...this thread is for things you have on YOUR car, that you might not use very often. Consider this the customer satisfaction survey question that was never asked.

I'm not looking for clever engineering solutions or suggestions about improvements to models you don't own or drive.
Old 01-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #13
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
The only thing I dislike and didn't need when I got my SS was the summer only tires.
I believe those should have been an option, not standard.
So many of us have had to purchase all season tires to drive the car in low temperatures.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #14
DarkObsession

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS2/LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Stache View Post
I like this topic...

The things that everyone could live without (imo)...
  • The power jack next to the traction control button...
  • The engine "cosmetic" cover.. useless weight and heat trap
  • The compressor/goo in the trunk and the foam spare replacement it mounts in. Mine is even a daily driver, but without a spare you are on roadside/tow only.. why cost yourself 2X the money by getting a 'temp' fix
  • Onstar, the most useless (and expensive) option on any car... EVER
  • Serius XM radio, who doesn't have a smart phone that can stream google play/pandora/ect..
  • The central lock (even door mounted) switches, if you want to open the door pull the handle twice or wait till the ignition is off (I have mine set to unlock on turnoff)

The stupid (sometimes small) things that it SHOULD have come with...
  • Magnetic oil drain plug...
  • Nav/touchscreen/backup camera/ media center
  • Homelink/garage door opener
  • Steering wheel radio controls
  • Locking gas door

The small (sometimes) things that I'm GLAD it came with (that should be standard on every car)...
  • Auto-head lights
  • Locking Glove box
  • power to everything after ignition off (roll up windows/ listen to the last 20 seconds of a song/radio dj)

I use that power jack by the traction control ALL THE TIME. Just goes to show that what some people don't want, others use constantly.

I just wish OnStar was an option. I don't ever use and never will.