Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

View Poll Results: Do you want to see a CTH "Tansformers Package" ZL1 ?
Absolutely !! 33 45.21%
Nah !! 40 54.79%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-13-2011, 06:11 PM   #15
2010 Bumblebee

Drives: Transformers Edition Camaro 2SS/RS
Which came first the Chicken or the Egg ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Hate to burst your bubble....but this is probably not the case.
Nah, you are not bursting my Bubble.. We are just chatting here as fellow camaro owners do

Probably is the key word here.. Because you don't know, only the big shots in the movie business, Hasboro, and GM actually know..Well I've got a BB car from burger king dated 2009 and I got it from a friend a year ago, and guess what it has the ZL1 front end.. If you go to Target yourself and look at the transformers toys that have been out since before christmas you will see BB with the ZL1 front end..

It would seem to me that BB came first as the camaro concept, and as the ZL1 concept, and GM is using the TF movies to promote the camaros. So like I said I'm sure there will be a ZL1 with autobot badges on the fenders just like in the TF3 movie coming out in July 2011.

By the way, I went by the chevy dealer today.. The owner and manager want a ZL1 but they don't have any more info that we do right now.

Northern Massachusetts & Southern New Hampshire Camaro Club
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=127

The mother of all supercharger questions thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77958

My 2010 Camaro Review
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2025442#post2025442

2010 Transformer Edition Camaro L99 Auto
2010 Bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:00 PM   #16
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Bumblebee View Post
Nah, you are not bursting my Bubble.. We are just chatting here as fellow camaro owners do

Probably is the key word here.. Because you don't know, only the big shots in the movie business, Hasboro, and GM actually know..Well I've got a BB car from burger king dated 2009 and I got it from a friend a year ago, and guess what it has the ZL1 front end.. If you go to Target yourself and look at the transformers toys that have been out since before christmas you will see BB with the ZL1 front end..

It would seem to me that BB came first as the camaro concept, and as the ZL1 concept, and GM is using the TF movies to promote the camaros. So like I said I'm sure there will be a ZL1 with autobot badges on the fenders just like in the TF3 movie coming out in July 2011.

By the way, I went by the chevy dealer today.. The owner and manager want a ZL1 but they don't have any more info that we do right now.
No, they wouldn't. All they revealed at the Chicago show is all they're going to tell anyone until testing is done.

As far as BB/Camaro......all I can say is there's a secret studio down beneath GM HQ where they design all their new cars. Nobody but the most privileged in the company are allowed in there, and outsiders must sign non-disclosure agreements and are forbidden from taking in any sort of camera/phone, etc...

Some vehicles are conceptualized down there years ahead of time. That Stingray Corvette concept is actually...kinda old. The original version was around long enough ago to inspire both the Camaro and C6 Corvette if I recall correctly.

So...my point is...they had this Camaro designed well before now. And if Michael Bay decided he wanted a new face for Bumblebee...GM took the ZL1 and said "here, try this"...but I very much doubt they designed it for the movie and then decided it looked so good we'll make it production....
Old 02-14-2011, 12:50 AM   #17
2010 Bumblebee

Drives: Transformers Edition Camaro 2SS/RS
Which came first the chicken or the egg ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post

As far as BB/Camaro......all I can say is there's a secret studio down beneath GM HQ where they design all their new cars. Nobody but the most privileged in the company are allowed in there, and outsiders must sign non-disclosure agreements and are forbidden from taking in any sort of camera/phone, etc...

Some vehicles are conceptualized down there years ahead of time. That Stingray Corvette concept is actually...kinda old. The original version was around long enough ago to inspire both the Camaro and C6 Corvette if I recall correctly.

So...my point is...they had this Camaro designed well before now. And if Michael Bay decided he wanted a new face for Bumblebee...GM took the ZL1 and said "here, try this"...but I very much doubt they designed it for the movie and then decided it looked so good we'll make it production....
Well, I have to at least partially agree with you how can't I, but there's no doubt about the TF series tie in with the camaro thus I believe you will see another TFE/CTH edition option for the 2012 camaro on all trim levels. Maybe it will be that ZL1 front end, some fender badges, wheel caps, arm rest, door jam plates, and two different hood decal designs one for the ZL and ghost writing on the hood stickers like my car for all the other camaros. They already have all of the parts except a ZL1 TFE hood decal, but they could just leave that out of the package for the ZL1.

Northern Massachusetts & Southern New Hampshire Camaro Club
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=127

The mother of all supercharger questions thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77958

My 2010 Camaro Review
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2025442#post2025442

2010 Transformer Edition Camaro L99 Auto
2010 Bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:13 AM   #18
Keenov

Drives: None ATM
I voted Nah!!!!!, because I feel that if they do decide to keep having a transformer option, it should stay with with the V6/SS. That would be enough.

The ZL1 is being built for performance and Camaro enthusiasts. Not for the image of a movie series. I doubt adding the option would increase sales for the ZL1. The majority of Transformer fans would be more attracted to the price tag of a V6 or SS Bumble Bee than the $50k+ price tag of a ZL1 Bumble Bee.

Here are the pics of the T3 Bumble Bee:

The front of the Jay Leno Camaro

The only resemblance that I see of the ZL1 and the T3 Bumble Bee is the quad exhaust tips. The only resemblance of the ZL1 and the T2 BB is the fog lamp section, the rest of the T2 BB car looks like the SLP ZL models (hood, wheels).

As a Camaro enthusiast, I would rather not have the ZL1 be associated with a character from a movie. It makes more sense to have it associated with the history of it being one of the most powerful Camaros ever built... along the side of the original ZL1. Not the most powerful Bumble Bee ever built. Just my opinion.

Plus, I would think that if you were a Transformer buff.. you would want it to look exactly like the one in the movies. Not just the badging and what not.

Last edited by Keenov; 02-14-2011 at 03:23 AM.
Keenov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 04:10 AM   #19
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
I vote an emphatic NO. Sorry, they already did one, time to move on. Trust me, I'm not a hater, just don't think the ZL1 fits the framework for the movie in timing or in reality.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:29 PM   #20
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
NO, NO,& NO . enough of this transformers bull..
29er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 07:06 AM   #21
Gibroni

Drives: '12 IOM LT 'vert
No, Camaro shouldn't be associated with such a crap movie. They should do a "King's Speech" special edition.
Gibroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:55 AM   #22
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Bumblebee View Post
...By the way, I went by the chevy dealer today.. The owner and manager want a ZL1 but they don't have any more info that we do right now.
Hmmmm...there goes that dealer's allocation for MY12 LOL.....
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote